Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I see nothing funny about that picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

I have posted this picture multiple times in funny picture threads, and nobody ever comments on it. I think it's because people don't look at it closely enough to realize what it is. So I want you all to stop, take a good long look at this picture, figure out for yourself what the object in this picture is, and then appreciate that it is very funny.

Your gimmick....is worse than PCOS Bill’s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I have posted this picture multiple times in funny picture threads, and nobody ever comments on it. I think it's because people don't look at it closely enough to realize what it is. So I want you all to stop, take a good long look at this picture, figure out for yourself what the object in this picture is, and then appreciate that it is very funny.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand El Extranjero. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical ennui most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Meursault's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Jean-Paul Sartre literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike El Extranjero truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Mersault's existential catchphrase "mother died today," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenevs Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Albert Camus' genius wit unfolds itself on their Kindle screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have an El Extranjero tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Guy Goodbody posted:

picture sucks, hope this helps.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

haha look at these silly foreigners and their stupid books with the bad art, how do they even read those the words dont make any sense roflmao

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

shake that rear end
show me whatchu working with

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Wasn't this made here a long time ago? I could have sworn it was from a Photoshop thread.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

TontoCorazon posted:

Wasn't this made here a long time ago? I could have sworn it was from a Photoshop thread.

Could be? I ran across it today and thought it was funny.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Apparently I know way less about baking than I thought.

This is the greatest post ever written and y'all missed it.

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

Comptroll The Forums posted:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand El Extranjero. [...]

I love this

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
The SA forums created an album cover for the Dead Kennedys?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

TontoCorazon posted:

Almost certainly yes

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
It was made in 1996 I honestly thought it was older than that. Maybe even from back when people did that stuff by hand.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

NewFatMike posted:

Mr Bad Guy posted:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well just be glad you didn't ask about non-complete farmed shrimp.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyestalk_ablation

Apparently I know way less about baking than I thought.

This is the greatest post ever written and y'all missed it.

... What are we missing here?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Hobo Erotica posted:

... What are we missing here?

There's a meme that someone will post shortly where an internet poster looks at a plate of shrimp and rice and goes "What are those pastry-looking things on top?"

^^edit: discord doesn't let you see an image you're not in the discord for. Put it up on imgur or something

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AKA Pseudonym posted:

It was made in 1996 I honestly thought it was older than that. Maybe even from back when people did that stuff by hand.

Explains the D-20's instead of the JP8000's. Unless you're using it as a midi controller, why the gently caress would you have two of them in the 2000's?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Predictive text :nallears:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Hell, same.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't get it, is he the Algerian that got killed, he looks like a douche for sure

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

What is that patsy-looking thing in the middle?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

tight aspirations posted:

A white lead singer.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Solice Kirsk posted:

A white lead singer.

Patsy, not pasty. Nice try at deflection, obvious CIA stooge.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

That may or may not be Kevin Costner

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

LogisticEarth posted:

Patsy, not pasty. Nice try at deflection, obvious CIA stooge.

Patsy of the Year, 1963

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Do you mean the shrimp?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

JoelJoel posted:

Don't worry, B, Minds are cool about that sort of thing.

What about Meatfucker

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

Patsy of the Year, 1963

One of these days I'm going to have :10bux: to spare and I'm going to change your avatar and when I do, hooo boy just hang on.

Edit: Probably to this:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

One of these days I'm going to have :10bux: to spare and I'm going to change your avatar and when I do, hooo boy just hang on.

why someone hasn't turned the little grenade next to my name into a shrimp emoji, I have no idea

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I kinda like this one:

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Pookah posted:

I kinda like this one:

Shrimp! Marriage! Now!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Pastry of the Year posted:

why someone hasn't turned the little grenade next to my name into a shrimp emoji, I have no idea

Gave it a quick go for avatar size .

And a rough attempt at a replacement tag with some judicious paint and resizing (wasn't sure what the general limits are for the tags, so that's around 20x20px).

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Pookah posted:

I kinda like this one:

Get the baker who created this to make a croissant with one of these on top...

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Gave it a quick go for avatar size .

And a rough attempt at a replacement tag with some judicious paint and resizing (wasn't sure what the general limits are for the tags, so that's around 20x20px).

don't they have to be vector art or something like that?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

They are SVG files that an admin has to mess with some forums CSS to implement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Just Offscreen posted:

Shrimp! Marriage! Now!

Please "Just Offscreen" we can't keep doing this