Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Some Numbers posted:

What is FGO and why is it a bad thing?

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/917778032705757184

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Technically, she got ensnared by Marie Antoinette who is the closest thing FGO has to Estelle Bright.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

That letter was incredibly sweet and cool.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Everything I read from and hear about Brittany Avery makes me think of her as some savant-like real-life version of Estelle Bright. Irrepressibly chipper, uplifting, always with a large and heavy stick close to hand.

She is genuinely one of the nicest people I've ever met and super duper enthusiastic about everything.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/918573674088734720

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

yo terper why did you edit out the voice actor letter in your last post.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Maybe I have bad taste, but I actually like these.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad to say there are japanese guides for running the pc version of zwei!! on windows 10

the bad part is i can't read them

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

That letter is the best thing ever, and I'm super glad I someone quoted it so I could read it.

Some Numbers posted:

Maybe I have bad taste, but I actually like these.

Same. Kinda wish the game was delayed another month for the sake of my wallet on life support.

Joining the Ouroborous like chain of respect and love for Brittany.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

finished the video game. it's good, please look forward to it

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

lets hang out posted:

finished the video game. it's good, please look forward to it

Is this CS3?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Some Numbers posted:

Is this CS3?

yeah. but i did every thing that can be done and talked to everyone and fought everything

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

yo terper why did you edit out the voice actor letter in your last post.

I felt it was best to not post it until it has been officially shown.

Terper fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 13, 2017

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

lets hang out posted:

yeah. but i did every thing that can be done and talked to everyone and fought everything

You sure? Thats only as long as 1 and 2, we were promised twice the content.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cs1 is fairly long but i did most everything in cs2 and it 'only' took 50ish hours

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I had 95 hours in both, but personally at this point, I don't think you can say you beat the game without talking to every single NPC, or atleast intending too.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

It should take at least that long just to read the dang books :v:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Nate RFB posted:

You only need to beat it once on Steam, though I do not remember the mechanism for enabling the third character afterwards. Either the game just knows and you'll get the option or yeah you'll need to load in a cleared save file.
In that case, does anyone have a (Ys Origin) cleared game save that they could please upload? Or if anyone can tell me where to find one that would be just as good

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I assume the clear data is somewhere in here?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/emkeme51hpjo3bd/ys-origin-saves.7z?dl=0

If you're on Steam this goes into c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\49142020\207350\remote\

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
I'm nearly at the end of ch. 5 of CS1 and I think the game just isn't for me. The characters aren't as charming as the Sky ones, Millium is irritating, all the charaterisation Emma got so far is that she's (and I quote) "filled out", Gaius is just vanilla. Part of this is the frustration that I never played (or will play) the Crossbell games so I've no idea what's the huge deal about all the stuff that's mentioned here and there.

Also does it get a little less new-school anime later? Less school stuff and girls in miniskirts and some actual plot maybe? And please tell me they drop the fact that the main character wants to bang his sibling once again.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Rean does not want to bang his sister.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

uhhhh, rean doesnt want to bang elise at all, why on earth would you think he does

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Yeah, I mean she wants to bang him and everyone's like "oooh, he's so oblivious".

edit: Do Crossbell games have this as a plot point, too?

Terminally Bored fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 13, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Terminally Bored posted:

Also does it get a little less new-school anime later? Less school stuff and girls in miniskirts and some actual plot maybe? And please tell me they drop the fact that the main character wants to bang his sibling once again.

The plot really does start up towards the end of Chapter 5 with more stuff involving the ILF, but most of the plot bombs are at the end of Chapter 7, just like most of Sky's plot kicked in at the end of the game.

The second game does not take place in the school at all, so yeah, a lot less of that. Elise clearly wants to bang Rean, but Rean is completely oblivious because he just sees her as his sister.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Rean is a pure boy who just wants to head pat.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people are making fun of him for not realizing her weird crush, not that he should act on it. there is no option to romance elise whatsoever and the game actively makes fun of the possibility, like you only dance with her at the end of the game if you literally have no other options and alfin just makes fun of rean the entire time for being a weirdo.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For what it's worth Millium is a good deal of fun in CS2.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

The second game does not take place in the school at all, so yeah, a lot less of that. Elise clearly wants to bang Rean, but Rean is completely oblivious because he just sees her as his sister.

This does not strike me as an improvement on the situation.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Endorph posted:

alfin just makes fun of rean the entire time for being a weirdo.

Wow, that's actually super interesting, considering half of Alfin's character is being the biggest Rean/Elise shipper on the continent.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

But to answer your question: You are nearly done with the game and yes, Things Will Happen. There is no school-life in the second game. Millium is a fun character. Emma's deal will be revealed. Gaius, uh.

e: I'd link you to a trailer for the second game but the amount of spoilers that all happen in the last half hour of this game is insane.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

That's great to hear. The no school part, I mean. I'll power on.

Sankis posted:

Maybe he doesn't know what bang means and thinks rean is patting her head real hard

I don't think he patted her head yet. Or maybe I missed it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Wow, that's actually super interesting, considering half of Alfin's character is being the biggest Rean/Elise shipper on the continent.
I am slightly exaggerating but she teases Rean for not having a date and forces herself into the situation to try and 'soothe his aching heart' or whatever, and there's no actual dance scene with either alfin or elise. it's pretty clearly a failure state, and alfin almost breaks the fourth wall to point that out.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Terper posted:

But to answer your question: You are nearly done with the game and yes, things will happen. There is no school-life in the second game. Millium is a fun character. Emma's deal will be revealed. Gaius, uh.

Gaius might get more development in CS3!!

I'm really sad they don't do more with him, because I do like him, but he's just so bland...

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Endorph posted:

it's pretty clearly a failure state, and alfin almost breaks the fourth wall to point that out.

Which makes sense, because you'd have to work really hard to avoid getting someone to the point where you can dance/chat with them.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Everyone in the game is saying that Alfin is the most charming person ever but when you actually get to see her she's just an rear end in a top hat, really.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alfin is the best.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terminally Bored posted:

Everyone in the game is saying that Alfin is the most charming person ever but when you actually get to see her she's just an rear end in a top hat, really.
you said the same thing twice?

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Gaius has your back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

so if my thread schedule is on track next we argue about whether or not Crossbell gets localized right