Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

fridge corn posted:

Thinking I should pull on one of the FFXV banners for the sake of some synergy, but which banner is better?

If you want a shot at the Prompto and Aranea stuff, this banner. They are both lightning element focused.
If you don't want a shot at their stuff, the renewal banner won't have it, so you'll get a shot at Gladio's stuff and Noctis USB (probably, can't know for sure but)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Mithross posted:

If you want a shot at the Prompto and Aranea stuff, this banner. They are both lightning element focused.
If you don't want a shot at their stuff, the renewal banner won't have it, so you'll get a shot at Gladio's stuff and Noctis USB (probably, can't know for sure but)

Neither of their things look particularly interesting idk. I already have noctis' USB.

Also tempted to pull on the ff1 banner also for synergy except ff1 synergy is kinda useless so maybe a waste of 50 mythril idk

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Mithross posted:

I'm really torn on my second pull on the gem banner. I literally just pulled on it to get Maria's BSB so I would have something for earth. Now I'm not sure if I should get

a second earth relic? What would even be the second choice there?
an ice relic? that's my next weakest element
or just say gently caress it and grab shadow's BSB because that thing is amazing and I'm super jealous wheneve I RW it.

Earth
Ingus' BSB has been previously mentioned as being a pretty good package. It won't put out super awesome DPS or anything but it's Tauntaliate-in-a-Box and Ingus himself is a very solid knight. Also the shield has petrify resist which is extraordinarily rare.

Yang's BSB is a mini-version of Master's BSB. He doesn't get as big a bonus for the glass cannon mode (CMD1 goes from 4 to 5 hits instead of 4 to 8) but he gets the benefit of EnEarth and commands that utilize it.

Ice

Edea's BSB is an incredibly good magic option. It's a clone of Maria's BSB but in Ice flavor. It does require higher MAG in order to cap CMD1 though.

Ayame's BSB is super good for physical, probably only second to Squall BSB2. She gets 30% ATK/RES on entry and CMD2 lets her +ATK/-DEF 30% for further damage increasing. Top top it all off, CMD1 has reduced cast time for 4x ST Ice/Non hits. Ayame performs super well with this.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

pichupal posted:

Shelke wouldn't need a relic for Entrusting, you'll never be using her SB anyways. She's 100% the best Entruster.

The only other option that comes to mind if you can't wait is Sazh, since his Burst is Party ATK/MAG +30% and self Instant Cast 2, so he can get set up for Entrusting quicker or pop off Ellara's Wall quickly - but you'll need to bring a Hastega. Edward is also specifically nice for a physical Shadow Dragon team for the Imperil Holy and ATK +50% buff.

But honestly, I'd just wait for Shelke's dive.

Thanks. this is probably the best advice, I think I'll focus on Ninja fun. I have Edge's old but still decent water burst so it's either Yuffie (have her USB) or Shadow (no relics)...probably gonna go with Shadow as I like the look of his LMs.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I haven't played in a few days...did the 2 Crystal Tower banner's relic selections get reset? Because I now have a free Raines BSB and Krile BSB :aaa:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

1st AD posted:

I haven't played in a few days...did the 2 Crystal Tower banner's relic selections get reset? Because I now have a free Raines BSB and Krile BSB :aaa:

they announced today there was some kind of mixup so everyone gets two selections now.

...I might have to scrap up 50 mythril and draw on the mythril banner now too. It wasn't worth it for one of those relics, but getting Fuijin and Larsa BSBs might be worth 50 mythril. Can't hurt to have an entrustable healer

Mithross fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 13, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Basically what happened was maintenance somehow flipped the bonus lists to the JP versions. The main thing everyone noticed was Fujin's BSB in the CT List getting replaced by Seifer's BSB.

So now both banner's bonus lists just have everything from JP and Global versions and everyone gets a 2nd relic.

Truly the best of times.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, I finally got round to making Omega Drive and I am an idiot. I could have been kicking rear end with it all this time and I never knew. tfw Cloud is in EX Mode and does Omega Drive and then Mantle Bearer activates and he does like a hundred thousand damage

Also guess I will pick up Fujins thing from the selection cos it's either that or Cid and really he's an OSB machine for me

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mithross posted:

I'm really torn on my second pull on the gem banner. I literally just pulled on it to get Maria's BSB so I would have something for earth. Now I'm not sure if I should get

a second earth relic? What would even be the second choice there?
an ice relic? that's my next weakest element
or just say gently caress it and grab shadow's BSB because that thing is amazing and I'm super jealous wheneve I RW it.
If you're enjoying Maria BSB, Edea BSB is that but ice

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I think I'm going with Fujin BSB for my bonus pick. Can anyone else confirm that mage teams are better for Golem before I commit? It seems like a physical team with either Cloud or Bartz USB could handle it but I also had really good success beating Fenrir with Edea BSB and Sealion with Terra USB+OSB.

I have Fujin's enWind SSB which might actually be the deciding factor since that will boost damage a ton.

My other options are narrowed down to Bartz BSB that has element commands or Zack BSB to pair with his CSB and make wind chains crazy.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

I think I'm going with Fujin BSB for my bonus pick. Can anyone else confirm that mage teams are better for Golem before I commit? It seems like a physical team with either Cloud or Bartz USB could handle it but I also had really good success beating Fenrir with Edea BSB and Sealion with Terra USB+OSB.

I have Fujin's enWind SSB which might actually be the deciding factor since that will boost damage a ton.

Everything I have read says mage teams are better for Golem. He protects himself and throws up a physical damage only stoneskin.

E: To be specific, physical teams need to slot a dispel and deal 60k more damage total, which is about 10% more damage than a mage team needs to do.

Mithross fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 13, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Mithross posted:

Everything I have read says mage teams are better for Golem. He protects himself and throws up a physical damage only stoneskin.

Oh I thought the shield was for both magic and physical damage.

That pretty much seals it then. Thanks!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Golem's shield is almost certainly a deliberate counter to Cloud USB.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Gah I hosed up. I didn't check the other choice banner to see if I got a 2nd pick there (I do) and if I had done that first I would've picked Fujin BSB from there and probably taken Zack or Bartz BSB from the other.

Oh well. Now I have to figure out if I want Aerith BSB out of fanboyism and to make FF7 CMs easier, or do I want Cloud of Darkness BSB to pair up with Raines BSB in holy and dark magicites.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
The lure of choosing two bursts was too much to resist so I went ahead and pulled on the Crystal Tower Selection banner. The draw itself gave me only a fairly pointless Penelo SSB. Picked up Vanille and Larsa's BSB on the selection which gives me healer Bursts for seven realms. Throw in Ceodore's off healer burst and I'm pretty well set up for CM in a lot of the realms.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
My head is spinning with the possibilities of a second pick from the gem selector. First one was a no brainer Cid Raines BSB pick and I’ve been loving it since the fest.

Right now I’m trying to decide between:

Rikku BSB - I have her USB and it’d give her more to do after that. Also an Imperil Water would be nice. Right now my water team is Bartz USB and I just picked up Yuffie BSB.

Ayame BSB - I hear it’s really good? I have Squall BSB2, my only other Ice relic is Serah BSB.
Edit: forgot I also picked up Edea BSB

Bartz BSB2 - He’s the star of four of my elements and En-Water would be nice. Leaning against this cause I’ll pull like crazy on any FFV banners with a shot at his LM.

Are there any standouts after Cid Raines as ridiculously good? I’ve got a decent selection of relics but I’m still comfortable just taking the best pick available even if it doesn’t match my current teams.

At least the mythril one is easy. Took Larsa after much agonizing the first time, Y’shtola is a no brainer.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 13, 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I tried Fujin bsb on golem and uh normal 5* ninja magic does way more damage, especially if you use her ssb to en-wind

Infinite hones I guess

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I tried Fujin bsb on golem and uh normal 5* ninja magic does way more damage, especially if you use her ssb to en-wind

Infinite hones I guess

It doesn't shine quite as much on golem because of magicites resistance to breaks, which is the standout feature of her bsb.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Wait, just to be clear, if you buy the Gem banner now, you get to pick two BSBs?

I picked Larsa for the CT banner and now I'm deciding between CoD for the Shield, Kain, Fujin, and Vanille. Not sure what to go for, but I think CoDs is probably best for me.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

Gah I hosed up. I didn't check the other choice banner to see if I got a 2nd pick there (I do) and if I had done that first I would've picked Fujin BSB from there and probably taken Zack or Bartz BSB from the other.

Oh well. Now I have to figure out if I want Aerith BSB out of fanboyism and to make FF7 CMs easier, or do I want Cloud of Darkness BSB to pair up with Raines BSB in holy and dark magicites.
Aerith BSB isn't great, and she'll get a new one soonish.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Nihilarian posted:

Aerith BSB isn't great, and she'll get a new one soonish.

I know but fanboyism.

I ended up picking Cloud of Darkness BSB. It will get more use.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'll be honest, this is actually tempting me to break my F2P status. Main consideration would be Mog's BSB (which would be gold for my mage teams). Decisions, decisions...

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Armitage posted:

It’s armor!

Would have liked more of course, but a decent looking LMR with good stats is fine by me.

It's very nice since Noctis' Lvl 99 Materia turns his attack into a skill flagged as a combat ability. Just for fun I used a Cloud Ultra RW and Ramza's Chant with it. Was getting up to about 16k a swing with the occasional double attack.

Really makes me want to fully dive cloud now since he gets the same materia as his LM 2.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 13, 2017

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's very nice since Noctis' Lvl 99 Materia turns his attack into a skill flagged as a combat ability. Just for fun I used a Cloud Ultra RW and Ramza's Chant with it. Was getting up to about 16k a swing with the occasional double attack.

Really makes me want to fully dive cloud now since he gets the same materia as his LM 2.

Fun! I love that RM and I'm glad people are getting more use out of it.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

ceaselessfuture posted:

Wait, just to be clear, if you buy the Gem banner now, you get to pick two BSBs?

I picked Larsa for the CT banner and now I'm deciding between CoD for the Shield, Kain, Fujin, and Vanille. Not sure what to go for, but I think CoDs is probably best for me.

You could get Raines and OK BSB and immediately start using those amazing mage USBs you picked up.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Infinite hones I guess

Raging Storm only hits twice. If her CMD1 is doing over 5000 per hit, it's better.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I still can't make a decision on my 2nd CT bonus choice. Apparently Seifer BSB is mostly regarded as trash and if I wanted to shore up my dark coverage I'd be much better off grabbing Cloud of Darkness' BSB.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I still can't make a decision on my 2nd CT bonus choice. Apparently Seifer BSB is mostly regarded as trash and if I wanted to shore up my dark coverage I'd be much better off grabbing Cloud of Darkness' BSB.

CoD is mostly just for having an extra +Dark staff and a source of Radiant Shield, since her commands are a bit lackluster. But despite her main focus being Dark, she's one of the very few Holy mages out there that can run alongside Raines (the other being Hope), and while her commands aren't anything special they're still more consistent/stronger than most of Dark/Holy's actual tools (Dire Heal/Dark Zone is capped at 2-hits for now and Holy is limited to Alexander til they get Madeen).

I'm weighing CoD vs. Larsa vs. Sarah myself. CoD would be nice for the aforementioned reasons, Larsa would be a reliable source of Astra since I whiffed on Iris BSB, and Sarah brings synergy and Bard support.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I have ridiculously good medicas (BSBs and USBS) and I'm still leaning towards Larsa for her Wrathable Astra BSB, and this is even after drawing Penelo's USB recently. Sarah and TGCid are probably my next two options, but I'm not sure I care about FFI synergy right now and Cid's BSB seems a bit mediocre (I don't have his OSB).

The gem banner's a much trickier choice for me.

My Ice coverage is still almost non-existent. Ayame and Edea are in play for that. I've been after Vaan's BSB for awhile but not sure it's still worth it now. Onion BSB is probably my default choice if I don't lean in any direction. I have other sources of atk/mag boosts but not with his flexibility. It's just not an urgent need now. My darkhorse pick would be Shadow BSB simply for en-dark and ninja ability shenanigans.

For easier reading:
Edea
Ayame
Vaan
Onion Knight
Shadow
Any suggestions?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

iamsosmrt posted:

I have ridiculously good medicas (BSBs and USBS) and I'm still leaning towards Larsa for her Wrathable Astra BSB,

:allears:

Larsa is a very pretty boy.

Anyways you are right about TGC BSB, it's only really worth it with his OSB and even then it's debatable if it's even worth it then compared to just chaining the OSB.

Vaan's BSB is still just as good as its always been and Vaan himself is a versatile and good character. OK BSB is great but if you have a variety of other boostgas and hastegas different combinations of those may be preferable. Also depends on how many resources you have to actually invest into OK to make him not trash.

As for Ice, the decision between Ayame and Edea mostly comes down to whether you need more physical or magical coverage. They are the best ice options available in the selection for those needs.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I went with OK BSB just for more flexible hastega coverage. Doesn't hurt that I have plenty of motes for him. He is now max level and fully dived.

Lulu's +ice armor was really tempting. My X synergy is garbage and +ice armor is really rare.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Oh right, I've never played through XII but Larsa sounds like a girl's name. Oops!

I actually have OK at 99 already because I've pulled all of his other relics and even got all of his motes. The BSB would make him complete until that next next banner.

This is going to be a tough choice. Probably going to have to do a deeper analysis on what I'm likely to pull on in future banners. 7 more days to select right?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I went and threw mythril at the selection banner, it was too good a deal. And I got Lulu's USB in the draw itself, so I did pretty well for 50 mythril.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I pulled on the gem banner. My first paid pull. Fusoya ssb/11. Never again.

Chose Raines and Maria. Beatrix and Larsa on the CT. gently caress.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

I pulled on the gem banner. My first paid pull. Fusoya ssb/11. Never again.

Chose Raines and Maria. Beatrix and Larsa on the CT. gently caress.

It is still slightly better than lulu SB/11, so don't feel bad. And Raines and Maria are so good

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

It is still slightly better than lulu SB/11, so don't feel bad. And Raines and Maria are so good

The SSB itself is actually not bad at all, but its attached to the top 3 least loved characters in the game.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Mithross posted:

I went and threw mythril at the selection banner, it was too good a deal. And I got Lulu's USB in the draw itself, so I did pretty well for 50 mythril.

Congrats you can now construct the ice queen setup. Dive her, get your BSB dress, augment up the moogle, and laugh as you blow fenrir to pieces.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Charles Bukowski posted:

The SSB itself is actually not bad at all, but its attached to the top 3 least loved characters in the game.

Who are the others?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Who are the others?

Angeal. Lann probably takes the third (at least Reynn is a halfway decent Ice user).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

How many characters have all of 1 relic? I'm pretty sure Angeal just has his SSB

• Locked thread