Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Made of Meat

Olive! posted:

I want to thank everyone who posted in my very first thread. I think we've run through the concept as much as is possible but I got some good laughs out of it.

It's a good thread, and it has funny posts in it (which is why it's good).

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

it is a v good thread

Twenty Four

Hugh Malone posted:

Tried my first shower beer today and it's overrated imo

Shower then beer is nicer :beerpal:

I had done this way before I had actually heard about it anywhere, it was just a natural process.

I was drinking, didn't want to stop, but needed to take a shower at some point before bed. No one was home to judge me, so, whatever, shower beer.

Though I do have a counter right next to the shower within easy reach to put it on, so it wasn't geting shower water in it while I was just standing there holding it because that seems wierd.

I remember asking a friend if he had ever done it and he was like "heck yeah!" But I definately think it is a "first apartment" or "house to yourself" kind of thing. I only did it a couple of times a long time ago.

I think now it is either 1. not drinking or 2. already drank enough I can wait the length of a shower before having another lol. Maybe I should have one later.

Twenty Four

Olive! posted:

I want to thank everyone who posted in my very first thread. I think we've run through the concept as much as is possible but I got some good laughs out of it.

I liked your thread idea, and I liked posting in it, so thank you!

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
A few weeks ago somebody at GBS said that BYOB would have more fun with my posts than GBS would, so I stopped by here. It was a good choice. Y'all are good people, thanks for having fun in my threads on the rare occasions I make them.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

cda

by Hand Knit
Wtf. Beer first, then shower.

cda

by Hand Knit
Shower before beer, you just wasted a shower
Beer before shower, you'll enjoy the next hour

Hoshi

:wrongcity:

cda posted:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

UWBW posted:

A few weeks ago somebody at GBS said that BYOB would have more fun with my posts than GBS would, so I stopped by here. It was a good choice. Y'all are good people, thanks for having fun in my threads on the rare occasions I make them.

Thank you for making them!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

Olive! posted:

u make good thread

UWBW posted:

u make good thread

Twenty Four

UWBW posted:

:hfive:

Twenty Four

cda posted:

I just had a beer before and after my shower and I enjoyed all of it, beers and shower included! No shower beer though.

City of Glompton

re: shower beer - it's ok if you need encouragement to just relax and take a long shower (I do)

now whiskey bath - that's the real good one

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Manifisto

sure the shower beer is relaxing and refreshing. but I need to use the shower too, and frankly after the first couple of minutes the beer isn't getting any cleaner, it's just wasting water.

Manifisto

saw a recent article about the cartoonist Roz Chast, who I've admired for a long time, and it struck me that she is like a spiritual forebear of byob. like, she's almost more byob than byob.

http://rozchast.com/cartoons.shtml

every cartoon on that page is like a thread concept, and those are just the first examples I happened to pull up

(linking instead of rehosting in case, I dunno, she cares about that)

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

http://rozchast.com/cartoons.shtml

every cartoon on that page is like a thread concept, and those are just the first examples I happened to pull up

lol you're right

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
new

Sprue

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
the thing is, shower beer just falls flat if it's on it's own. shower beer is best paired with shower whiskey and shower man who can wash your back and butt for you, clearly.
bath beer on the other hand is paired better with a cigarette and a movie.

vanisher

I'm a bath beer man
*literally bathes in beer*

More crab stuff tonight. My fr*cking kitchen flooded!

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
im unrepentant about shower beer consumption

somehow it just makes me feel like the king of my domain. perhaps because it is clearly a suboptimal and self indulgent thing, yet no one can stop me

king i say

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

SHVPS4DETH

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

i enjoyed a shower beer a few times but shower powerade (or "shpowerade" if you will) that right there :discourse:

also weed in baths and weed before shower is highly recommended (HAH)

also sour beers? hoo this posts running out of steam sry y'all

thanks to vanisher for the dope av

cda

by Hand Knit

SHVPS4DETH posted:

also weed in baths and weed before shower is highly recommended (HAH)

... until the nihilists show up and throw a ferret into it

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
what if... bathe in weed???

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

SHVPS4DETH

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Olive! posted:

buddy, they won't even let me smoke it

thanks to vanisher for the dope av

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Olive! posted:

Just lol if you don't think your dealer bathes in all his weed before selling it to you

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

vanisher posted:

I'm a bath beer man

Oh, no! I hope it’s not too bad

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

vanisher posted:

I'm a bath beer man

flooding your kitchen is like one big bath, and the beer is probably already there! enjoy!

sorry about your kitchen vanisher :(

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

vanisher

I think my insurance will cover it? I hope

(They should it was pipes)

vanisher fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 14, 2017

Sprue

wouldn't it be funny if carbon emissions dropped and the climate began to stabilize and everyone did their part and made sacrifices and we overthrew capitalism and ate the worst polluters and then the yellowstone volcano erupted and plunged the earth into 100 years of darkness? haha

Sprue

will i get in trouble with the mods if i admit that i disabled the spinning images yob thing? it's quite relaxing to be able to read a thread at my leisure

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

vanisher posted:

I think my insurance will cover it? I hope

(They should it was pipes)

Pipes?

pipes is jerks.

Also i played the beer shower prank on my roommate today

Filled the shower head with malt, hops, and yeast and he went to work soooo drunk

Twenty Four

Sprue posted:

will i get in trouble with the mods if i admit that i disabled the spinning images yob thing? it's quite relaxing to be able to read a thread at my leisure

Im running on such an old system because I am a horrible dirty poor that I dont even know what the spinning immages are, even though I have asked long ago. I get the idea, but, have never witnessed. I think you get immunity by default from me vouching for you.

One day I will finally have the cash to upgrade my posting rig, then, I may never be seen again on byob as the infamous rotating images drive me to my grave.

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

im unrepentant about shower beer consumption

somehow it just makes me feel like the king of my domain. perhaps because it is clearly a suboptimal and self indulgent thing, yet no one can stop me

king i say

I like this!

vanisher posted:

I'm a bath beer man

Best of luck with your fluid to living area ratio!

Elusif

I wear my suuuuuunglasses at night, _______ ____ _____ ______ _____ ______; _____ ______ _____ ____ ______ ______ ______.

Manifisto

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I wear my suuuuuunglasses at night, _______ ____ _____ ______ _____ ______; _____ ______ _____ ____ ______ ______ ______.

soda can, soda can bursts but can't get in my eyes

Sunsetaware

Hi! I've been lurking cause I was busy with life, but I think it's also good to relax, so I'm posting now.

Elusif

Manifisto posted:

soda can, soda can bursts but can't get in my eyes

Unbelievable

Elusif

While sheeees deceivin me
got my brisk iced tea
she got control of me
I turn to her and saaaaaaaay

Don't shake the can on a guy in shades oh no
______ ______ ______ ________ _______ ______ _______ ______ _______

Sprue

Sunsetaware posted:

Hi! I've been lurking cause I was busy with life, but I think it's also good to relax, so I'm posting now.

you're doing a good job of :justpost:ing, setting a positive example for all the young lurkers out there. it's hard to break out of that no posting rut, but always worth it in the end

Manifisto

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

While sheeees deceivin me
got my brisk iced tea
she got control of me
I turn to her and saaaaaaaay

Don't shake the can on a guy in shades oh no
______ ______ ______ ________ _______ ______ _______ ______ _______

pink lemonade may spill but stains will fade, you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Sunsetaware posted:

Hello and welcome! Do you have any pets, hobbies, or unusual sandwich recipes you'd like to share?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!