Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ApplesandOranges posted:

Angeal. Lann probably takes the third (at least Reynn is a halfway decent Ice user).

I would've thought Seymour would be up there. Also lol at Angeal does he seriously only have a SSB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The sooner everyone forgets that Angeal exists, the better.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I'm leaning toward Yuna BSB and and Rapha BSB for my two choices, because I don't have a lot of MAG boosts. Rapha's good because he also has a boost on his CMD 2, so with Cid Raines in the team he'd be fully boosted. Yuna for another option if I need to focus on an element and can't bring both of them. Thoughts?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

For all those saying that magic is the way to go for Golem because of his shield: it has the same timing gimmick as Mist Dragon mist form and Dark Dragon black fang. If you do enough damage fast enough, you can skip the shield. I sub-30 golem with a purely physical wind team. Each shield is only 30k; a double cast snowspell strike from Bartz can eat through that.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I would've thought Seymour would be up there. Also lol at Angeal does he seriously only have a SSB?

Seymour suddenly got a lot of attention in Japan's Superfest 2, getting the magical dark limit chain, a new BSB they actually tried to make relevant with a unique self-regen that stacks with regen and a 6-hit command that deals good damage and self-inflicts 35% HP damage, and an En-dark LMR. Next X event in Japan is supposed to be Tidus and Seymour based too, so he's probably got a USB on the way.

And yes, Angeal is still SSB only. Fusoya has an SSB and SB and isn't too much better. The hope was the next VII event would be Crisis Core themed, but Zack got a new USB in the 3rd Anniversary banners so Angeal will probably be waiting even longer.

And speaking of hated characters, if you're curious on who doesn't have Legend Sphere access in Japan:

Quina, Freya and Dorgaan just got their dives. Larsa and Reks should be coming soon, and every II character but Leila should get access in the next II event. Every one in III, X, XIV and XV ha access, if you're wondering why those realms are missing.

Some surprising people left over. Gilgamesh, Edgar, Quistis and Fang are the most surprising characters not to have a Legend Sphere access yet. I thought they were all fairly popular, outside of FFRK at least.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 14, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I vaguely recall reading someone raving about Fran BSB being super useful in JP. Any truth to that? I have both of her SSBs so the lightning Imperil would be kinda handy. I do have Setzer BSB for debuffs if necessary though.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Watch Ricard only get Legend Sphere access only after they start giving something like Mythic Dive with 6 star motes.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Gilgamesh not having a dive yet is weird as hell.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

It's weird that Rude and Elena don't have a dive either, since they were introduced after dives. Most new characters have them when released.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

It's weird that Rude and Elena don't have a dive either, since they were introduced after dives. Most new characters have them when released.

When the VII event happened, not even Aerith and Sephiroth had legend dives yet so they didn't really have space for Rude and Elena. The event gave access to Sephiroth, Aerith and Rufus on Banner 1, and Cid, Reno and Shelke on Banner 2. A side effect of VII having way too many characters.

IV has a similar problem, but they still gave Ursula access over Yang.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 14, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i kinda want to pull again to get more noctis stuff or maybe more prompto stuff? i am out of mithril but i have a lot waiting for me in the realm dungeons

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/245704769199407104/368546979547971594/image.png

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
My brother sent me a picture of his dollar draw: Aranea's OSB
I think what the hell, and dollar draw: Aranea's OSB

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Quistis, Edgar, and Leila may all be waiting on DeNA to figure out what they want to do with poison-element, so I could see why they might be missing.

Gilgamesh is probably popular enough to warrant another featured event. Maybe with a USB2, BSB2, and OSB2 if they really wanna get cheeky with it.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

ApplesandOranges posted:

Angeal. Lann probably takes the third (at least Reynn is a halfway decent Ice user).
I thought some of us liked WoFF :(

Got my brother some google bux so he could gem pull, too.
CT-wise he pulled Cid Reines's OSB and nothing else, so I pointed him to the BSB.

I recommended him Yuna/Yoshi~cola and then Cid Reines/Faris BSB because he was new and hasn't even reliably started picking up greater orbs yet.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

pichupal posted:

And speaking of hated characters, if you're curious on who doesn't have Legend Sphere access in Japan:

Quina, Freya and Dorgaan just got their dives. Larsa and Reks should be coming soon, and every II character but Leila should get access in the next II event. Every one in III, X, XIV and XV ha access, if you're wondering why those realms are missing.

Some surprising people left over. Gilgamesh, Edgar, Quistis and Fang are the most surprising characters not to have a Legend Sphere access yet. I thought they were all fairly popular, outside of FFRK at least.

I'm actually curious if there's some kind of data or logic behind the exclusions, or if they just sort of have an arbitrary design process. Some of the people on this list - Wol, Gogo 5 - are obviously neglected because nobody gives a poo poo about them either in or out of combat.

General Leo would probably be really popular if they paid more attention to him. He seems similar to Beatrix in that way, in that he's more memorable and popular with some fans than actual player characters.

Baku fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 14, 2017

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

It's me, I'm the guy who's grumpy as gently caress about no Prishe LD or USB. :mad:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Heaven Spacey posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who's grumpy as gently caress about no Prishe LD or USB. :mad:

Add me to that list, I need a USB where she lays the beat down and then hits them with a demoralizing barrage of profanity.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fister Roboto posted:

Raging Storm only hits twice. If her CMD1 is doing over 5000 per hit, it's better.

If her CMD1 is doing over 5000 per hit on Golem you've got some loving ridiculous MAG stat. Even loaded with +wind and MAG buffs/gear, my Lv99 fully 4* dived Fujin only manages about 2000 per CMD1 hit on him.

Heaven Spacey posted:

Well, you just have to wait until the next FF11 event, coming approximately never. :v:

Hogama posted:

Gilgamesh is probably popular enough to warrant another featured event. Maybe with a USB2, BSB2, and OSB2 if they really wanna get cheeky with it.

Except they just had the Xena/Kegger event for FF5 and I can't see them having another one for 3 or 4 months at least

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

getting double iris bsb off my pull sort of complicates that second crystal tower draw. i was just going to take the larsa one but it seems like thats basically identical to the iris one? iris can't use wrath though. i guess i could still take the larsa one or the yshtola one to have a third healer with different realm synergies.

sidebar is there a reason to not smash these two moogles together

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Except they just had the Xena/Kegger event for FF5 and I can't see them having another one for 3 or 4 months at least

True, though on the other hand they went just a mere two months between FFIX events. It can be tricky to predict DeNA's scheduling.

With the FFII renewal dungeons opening, they've gone for another 2 events, but it's still too soon to call a definite pattern to how the rest of the renewals will go; in this case, Thorns of the Rose was probably left off simply because there's going to be a Revenge Event for it in the upcoming Scott event.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Well, I thought I had originally chosen Beatrix's BSB from the selection, so I went straight to it and picked up Fujin's. Guess who is now the proud owner of 2 Fujin BSB's? :downs:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

rabidsquid posted:

getting double iris bsb off my pull sort of complicates that second crystal tower draw. i was just going to take the larsa one but it seems like thats basically identical to the iris one? iris can't use wrath though. i guess i could still take the larsa one or the yshtola one to have a third healer with different realm synergies.

sidebar is there a reason to not smash these two moogles together

Iris is a really good healer but I cannot oversell the advantage of a healer with Wrath. I like Y'sh better for general purpose, but either of her or Larsa is great.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

KataraniSword posted:

My fingers are crossed for a Big Bridge themed event for their next fest - now that Legend Materia relics appear on fest banners he could get his dive through there instead of a V event.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

pichupal posted:

Shelke wouldn't need a relic for Entrusting, you'll never be using her SB anyways. She's 100% the best Entruster.

The only other option that comes to mind if you can't wait is Sazh, since his Burst is Party ATK/MAG +30% and self Instant Cast 2, so he can get set up for Entrusting quicker or pop off Ellara's Wall quickly - but you'll need to bring a Hastega. Edward is also specifically nice for a physical Shadow Dragon team for the Imperil Holy and ATK +50% buff.

But honestly, I'd just wait for Shelke's dive.

Why is Shelke the best entruster?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

If her CMD1 is doing over 5000 per hit on Golem you've got some loving ridiculous MAG stat. Even loaded with +wind and MAG buffs/gear, my Lv99 fully 4* dived Fujin only manages about 2000 per CMD1 hit on him.

Depends on your gear/RM choices. If you're hovering around ~410 MAG and with two pieces of +Wind, double MAG buffed Fujin should be doing about 2500/hit. Add in a third MAG buff and that goes to ~3.3k/hit.

RM and Magicite will fill in the rest; Bartz RM4 and a fully levelled Enkidu bumps up that damage to ~4750/hit.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Vonnie posted:

Why is Shelke the best entruster?

Her LM2 is "Begin the battle with haste and remove the delay from the first three actions"

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

KPC_Mammon posted:

You could get Raines and OK BSB and immediately start using those amazing mage USBs you picked up.

Jesus christ. Ugh I promised myself I wouldn't actally spend money on the game beyond 100gemmers...

Also, I was considering Raines and Ayame, then pulling hard on the FF4 banner for Tellah BSB. Anyone have any opinions on that play?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Depends on your gear/RM choices. If you're hovering around ~410 MAG and with two pieces of +Wind, double MAG buffed Fujin should be doing about 2500/hit. Add in a third MAG buff and that goes to ~3.3k/hit.

RM and Magicite will fill in the rest; Bartz RM4 and a fully levelled Enkidu bumps up that damage to ~4750/hit.

In the meantime, with all those stats, Raging Storm has been doing 2x9999 about two faithgas ago, at Ninja cast speed.

That's not to say that it's a bad idea to stack +MAG boosts on Fujin for things like Golem - especially if you have her OSB or intend on her using Meltdown - but don't do it for the sake of using the BSB or its commands.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Mithross posted:

Her LM2 is "Begin the battle with haste and remove the delay from the first three actions"

Ah, so she's the best entruster provided you fully dive her. I'm not sure what other answer I expected.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Vonnie posted:

Ah, so she's the best entruster provided you fully dive her. I'm not sure what other answer I expected.

To put it more specifically, she's the best Entrust-bot for fast clears on Magicite and similar content as she can give a bar immediately and then quickly Wrath up a second to give as well. For content other than Magicites she's just a little more quick and convenient than the other options.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Vonnie posted:

In all fairness, the only content that needs stuff like an Entrust bot is well after the point you can start earning 5* motes. If you're getting into Entrust strategies, you can afford to go all-in on said entrust strategies.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

In the meantime, with all those stats, Raging Storm has been doing 2x9999 about two faithgas ago, at Ninja cast speed.

That's not to say that it's a bad idea to stack +MAG boosts on Fujin for things like Golem - especially if you have her OSB or intend on her using Meltdown - but don't do it for the sake of using the BSB or its commands.

Well yes, but it depends on your hones. Hones will get you a very long way (people have sub-30ed Golem using nothing but a team of Raging Storms), but it's whether or not you have the orbs to sustain that.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Shelke is a fantastic entruster for reasons beyond her LM2; she's EXTREMELY bulky(my 4* dived Shelke has more HP than many of my legend dived characters) and she's one of the fastest natural speed characters in the game, which means you can reliably depend on her going first in your turn rotation in fixed-starting-ATB situations like magicite, which means she can get entrusts out first and fast for quick kill strats even without her haste/IC3.

KataraniSword posted:

Fujin's burst commands are ninja cast speed. If you have the capability to get Fujin's magic to a decent point you're probably better served simply using her commands and giving the Raging Storm to another person who has a less swole BSB.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Girlfriend saw me stressing and decided to buy it for me for my birthday :v:

Picking up CoD, OK, and Raines' BSB all on the same day kicks some major rear end!

Who would be the better Mage LD at this point now, Ace or Raines?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ceaselessfuture posted:

Girlfriend saw me stressing and decided to buy it for me for my birthday :v:

Picking up CoD, OK, and Raines' BSB all on the same day kicks some major rear end!

Who would be the better Mage LD at this point now, Ace or Raines?
the list of people who are better to LD than Raines with BSB is fairly short and I don't think Ace makes it up there

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Ace's LM2 is the very excellent Haste + Instant Cast 3 and his USB does pretty silly damage with Chain Firaga and Meltdown so I'd say he's plenty worthy of diving. If you're the type to go by raoxi's damage chart (https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/75605878), Ace with USB has the #4 and 6 slot

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Does anyone else hear a weird crackling in the boss music+victory fanfare for the FFXV event? It only happens when that specific music plays and gets quieter/louder when I adjust the volume so it ain’t my phone.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

iPodschun posted:

Ace's LM2 is the very excellent Haste + Instant Cast 3 and his USB does pretty silly damage with Chain Firaga and Meltdown so I'd say he's plenty worthy of diving. If you're the type to go by raoxi's damage chart (https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/75605878), Ace with USB has the #4 and 6 slot
I stand throughly corrected

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Please Legend Dive Cid Raines :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

iPodschun posted:

Why does that chart only have the top two characters entrusted and only considers self triggered trances? It seems pretty heavily biased towards Shadow and Edge for no apparent reason.

• Locked thread