Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Skoll posted:

Aesthetically, what are youse guys favorite Star Wars vessels? I've always liked the Lambda class shuttles and TIE Interceptors.

Easily the Lambda class shuttle. Back when I played the West End RPG in high school I spent a while trying to persuade the GM to let me have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If your answer isn't the Cygnus Spaceworks Starwing Assault Gunboat, you are wrong

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Skoll posted:

Aesthetically, what are youse guys favorite Star Wars vessels? I've always liked the Lambda class shuttles and TIE Interceptors.

N1 stargighter
TIE/in
Krennic's shuttle

The good ole ISD

And a shout out to sandcrawlers for being dope af

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The shuttles are pretty dope.

I always liked the look of the blockade runners, TIE Interceptors and Y-Wings. I don't think I can say I really dislike or hate any of the vehicles and weaponry this franchise puts out. They are mostly well designed*.

*Battlefront 2 criticism: they need to stop making guns for the new era out of the blue and be cool and inventive and modify more World War/Early Cold War surplus weapons instead.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Having read the TFA concept art book, I wish they'd gone through with their early vision of making the First Order's star destroyers the Gladiator class. Early concept art of the First Order's stuff was to make them a weird hodgepodge of cutting-edge Imperial prototypes, abandoned variants, and scavenged scratch-built stuff of their own design, an amalgamation of every bad idea the Empire ever had.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I mean it would have made more sense and would a cute nod towards the desperation of the early days of the Alliance back in the OT.

I guess SHINY AND CHROME sells more toys?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like Darth Maul's ship from Phantom Menace. I had the Lego version when the movie came out.

Edit:

The one I had looked like this:

But the one you can get now looks like this:

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 13, 2017

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The Sun Crusher should have been the cool ship on the cover of Dark Apprentice but instead looks like this piece of poo poo

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I love how those pointless blaster cannons are the stubby T-Rex arms of star wars capital ships/super weapons.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Favorite ship is still the Executor.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Sun Crusher should have been the cool ship on the cover of Dark Apprentice but instead looks like this piece of poo poo

Is that what the Sun Crusher was supposed to look like? That's ridiculous. I always assumed it was the ship on the cover.

That looks like something a Hutt would have to use to get around.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's basically just a dumpier Slave-1, isn't it?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Looks like a Ferengi ship

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Can't believe that the SUN CRUSHER, THE MINIATURE DEATH STAR FOR SUNS, looks dumb. Really boils my lettuce.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Can't believe that the SUN CRUSHER, THE MINIATURE DEATH STAR FOR SUNS, looks dumb. Really boils my lettuce.

Don't forget it was also indestructible, somehow. Which led to...Han, I think?...flying it through a Star Destroyer.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Can we all agree that the worst ship is that weird flying hallway thing Leia rides around in in TFA.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The b wing engine turned into a flying sideways hot dog

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Pops Mgee posted:

Can we all agree that the worst ship is that weird flying hallway thing Leia rides around in in TFA.
It's ugly but I kinda like that thing because it was apparently made of parts from a bunch of old Rebel Alliance ships, iirc the cockpit is a re-purposed B-Wing

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Darth Maul's ship is my favourite prequel ship. I think my favourite original trilogy ship is the Imperial star destroyer.

From the games, I liked Montross's ship in Bounty Hunter and the Havoc from Starfighter/Jedi Starfighter.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Pops Mgee posted:

It's nothing compared to the weirdly awkward transportation cart things the Rebel hanger crew use in A New Hope.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like the T-Wing from the flight sims for how terrible it is. It's a cockpit strapped to three engines with no shields and awful guns.

Episode 1 has legitimately fantastic production design, more so than the other two prequels.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 13, 2017

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Naboo fighter ruled. Too bad they didn't sneak a beat-up one into Rogue or something, like how the Clone Wars has the factory spec Y-wings

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
My favorite game ship comes from The Old Republic of all places, the Phantom.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Favorite ships of the saga:

There must be something about the Star Destroyer aesthetic I like in whatever form it comes in.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Yeah the Star Destroyer wedge is just insanely iconic. I think it partially has to do with the opening scene of Star Wars where it just seems to go on for miles.

Another ship I aesthetically enjoy is the J-type 327:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Skoll posted:

Yeah the Star Destroyer wedge is just insanely iconic. I think it partially has to do with the opening scene of Star Wars where it just seems to go on for miles.
It does go on for one mile, at least! :v:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
My favorite small craft is the TIE Interceptor. My favorite capital ship is the Interdictor cruiser, but I don't think that ever appears on-screen.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I liked the Hammerhead frigate since back in KOTOR, so I was very happy seeing the little sister added to the new canon

And I like workhorse cruisers

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The Z-95 has always held a certain visual appeal for me as a lighter, crappier X-Wing.

Also what the heck :haw:

https://twitter.com/RealRonHoward/status/919270625696538625

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I thought they were dead

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Can't say I really like most of his movies but this lightens my opinion of him a bit.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

hahahaha apparently they're actually going to cameo in the movie

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

Can't say I really like most of his movies but this lightens my opinion of him a bit.

Not even Apollo 13?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Rush is great. I have no problems with Ron Howard. What I do have an issue with is how the hell do you reconcile a Ron Howard film with anything Miller and Lord have done? It's sort of an abrupt change.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

hahahaha apparently they're actually going to cameo in the movie

Oh my god that is great.

They just need to get Manny somehow involved.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

Rush is great. I have no problems with Ron Howard. What I do have an issue with is how the hell do you reconcile a Ron Howard film with anything Miller and Lord have done? It's sort of an abrupt change.

Rush was a legit good movie.

And I assume there is going to be a LOT of edits to make the film tonally coherent. It's probably going to be a mess.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Skoll posted:

Not even Apollo 13?
Apollo 13 is good. I just really hate Dan Brown and adaptations of his work.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think Gosford Park should've won the Oscars (Best Picture and Best Director) that Howard got for A Beautiful Mind. :colbert:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Casimir Radon posted:

Apollo 13 is good. I just really hate Dan Brown and adaptations of his work.

same, but everyone's gotta make rent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Willow a whole lot when I was younger.