Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
The werewolf players I'm with seem really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

You will not be able to discern which team is playing better from your extremely limited sample of matches.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
:laffo: at people using the Aerospray now.

:stonk: at the new Splat Brella. By the way, did you know that the shield completely protects you against Splashdown and Baller explosions?

EDIT: It has 500 HP. :stare: That really means something now that you can actually use the shield.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 14, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

19 to 7,i was kinda high when I started. Wow only 2.5 hours.

2283.5, and I'll let the grinders do their thing I'm plenty happy with that.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Dr. Fetus posted:

:laffo: at people using the Aerospray now.

:stonk: at the new Splat Brella. By the way, did you know that the shield completely protects you against Splashdown and Baller explosions?

EDIT: It has 500 HP. :stare: That really means something now that you can actually use the shield.

how much hp do squidkids have?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stan Taylor posted:

how much hp do squidkids have?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Supercar Gautier posted:

You will not be able to discern which team is playing better from your extremely limited sample of matches.

The three types of posts you can guarantee every single Splatfest.

a) Shifty Station sucks!
b) "We are getting destroyed by team B, they are going to win this thing"
c) "We are destroying Team B, Team A is going to win this thing!"

Anyway... I went 9-5 tonight for Vampires. I'm doing my part

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m surprised by the lack of Twilight jokes in the hub.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SeANMcBAY posted:

Im surprised by the lack of Twilight jokes in the hub.

The Twilight series is nearly 10 years old

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Bad jokes last centuries.
Twilight has a long way to go.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LethalGeek posted:

19 to 7,i was kinda high when I started. Wow only 2.5 hours.

2283.5, and I'll let the grinders do their thing I'm plenty happy with that.

I'm 16-21 right now, this has definitely been my worst splatfest

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

raditts posted:

I'm 16-21 right now, this has definitely been my worst splatfest

drat that's pretty rough

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Any other Vampires still having a long-rear end time waiting for matches? Nevermind mostly getting Vampire-vs-Vampire ones?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Any other Vampires still having a long-rear end time waiting for matches? Nevermind mostly getting Vampire-vs-Vampire ones?

Double vamp matches have been happening about 50% to me.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I went 19-18 this splatfest and most of the wins were against scrubby vampire players.
Popularity is a lock for vamps but solo is a lock for wolves, it's all going to come down to league queues.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Gorp posted:

I went 19-18 this splatfest and most of the wins were against scrubby vampire players.
Popularity is a lock for vamps but solo is a lock for wolves, it's all going to come down to league queues.

Shifty Station isn't doing anyone any favours in that regard either when it's so easy for half-competent players to lock down half the map.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
In my admittedly brief experience with the map it seemed like playing defensively until late in the game worked. Stuff like holding your side, hurling bombs over and picking off attempted flanks before pushing in the last 30 seconds or so.

I was using the Splattershot Jr with ink storm and homing bombs which worked fairly well, but not all sets seem useful for that particular map.

e: I checked my win/loss and its apparently 20-4? Nice.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Oct 14, 2017

H.P. Grenade
Oct 21, 2003

Smooth.
Oy. As a permanently casual scrub-level player, a stage that's a literal meat grinder is no fun at all. :( Haven't had a victory on Shifty Station yet.

I am pretty good at Salmon Run though. Friend code is SW-6171-7888-2795, would love to get into some Tentacle Difficulties tomorrow.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Im 10-5 Vamps, stuck on the team loading screen for the full 999 seconds or whatever twice in a row waiting for an opposing team...

I don't understand the hate for shifty station. It's fun and different. It's hard to get to the other side! OK, but it's identical for them, what's the problem?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Not enough BLOOD art from team vampire.

H.P. Grenade posted:

Oy. As a permanently casual scrub-level player, a stage that's a literal meat grinder is no fun at all. :( Haven't had a victory on Shifty Station yet.

I am pretty good at Salmon Run though. Friend code is SW-6171-7888-2795, would love to get into some Tentacle Difficulties tomorrow.

I was making my way through the grinder and when it cracked open I saw another player and shot them through the crack with my brella, it was hilariously unfair because I'm visiting family and playing on their really bad internet so I've got lag advantage.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Bloop posted:

Im 10-5 Vamps, stuck on the team loading screen for the full 999 seconds or whatever twice in a row waiting for an opposing team...

I don't understand the hate for shifty station. It's fun and different. It's hard to get to the other side! OK, but it's identical for them, what's the problem?

Because you can just lock down the other team from setting foot in your side it stalemates the entire map and wins come from whoever managed to eke out a little of the other side from grenades or suicide pushes at the last second. There's no ebb and flow like a regular map as players run around it inking turf, it just stagnates with an even split for the entire three minutes in most matches. Even Moray Towers isn't this atrocious, because it has shortcuts at various to bypass the long ramps up.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Because you can just lock down the other team from setting foot in your side it stalemates the entire map and wins come from whoever managed to eke out a little of the other side from grenades or suicide pushes at the last second. There's no ebb and flow like a regular map as players run around it inking turf, it just stagnates with an even split for the entire three minutes in most matches. Even Moray Towers isn't this atrocious, because it has shortcuts at various to bypass the long ramps up.

My experience is different I guess. I've only played on it three times, but two of those had deep infiltration on both sides repeatedly, people up on top of all the rotating platforms, and even jumping out around the "left" rotator to sneak into the other side.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
This shifty is kinda cool. I don’t mind playing prototype maps now and then if it’s an outlet for the level designers and/or lets them try stuff out for future maps.

Enjoy the shifty/moray lineup all y’all haters!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't mind them trying stuff out, especially because it seems every Shifty gets turned into a better map eventually. It's just not a particularly great idea to limit movement in the design of the map. The whole fun of Splatoon is that the better you control your map the more options you have for attacks and counterattacks. This design just ignores all of that basically

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
What's the deal with increasing item slots and ordering items from that one guy? Also is playing coop/single player the only way to get the buffs? it seems crazy stingy.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

None of my games went this way, everyone was crossing and going for it. That said I'm playing averages of 2070 or so, I might be getting players with more of a spine (lol)

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 14, 2017

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

this shifty station... is bad!!

shifty station more like lovely station am i right

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kaubocks posted:

this shifty station... is bad!!

shifty station more like lovely station am i right

you are not right, it turns out.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

If you think what nintendo made isn’t good and the correct way to enjoy the game then gently caress you you’re wrong - official Nintendo statement

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
My usual Splatfest plan, picking a weapon that I never use, mixed well with my not having played in a month.

Got a bit better with the mini splatling though. So satisfying when that last lil drop lands for the kill

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't win poo poo!!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Plowed my way to wolf champ with only 1 loss

It’s a really on day for me

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Stan Taylor posted:

What's the deal with increasing item slots and ordering items from that one guy? Also is playing coop/single player the only way to get the buffs? it seems crazy stingy.

You increase the number of slots on a piece of equipment with a Super Sea Snail, which you get as a reward after a splatfest or from levelling up past 30. You order items using the Switch mobile app. It's all equipment that have alternate main abilities.

You can only get food/drink tickets from salmon run or single player.

e; Also, the night-time Humpback Pump Track is kind of lame. There's just a bunch of pollen in there at night I guess?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i don't like this shifty station because it hampers when you can push in

like both teams take their own sides, cool. let's say purple gets the balls to creep into enemy territory and orange defeats them. nows the perfect time for orange to take advantage of the situation but the rotating doors lock down how fast you can make it over to the enemy side. by the time orange make it through most of purple will have respawned and orange will have little extra ground to show for it

not to mention there's no way to really retreat once you push in. once you're through the door it's all or nothing because going backwards is difficult and slow. as someone earlier in the thread mentioned there's no ebb or flow. it's just a gridlock

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been averaging like 10 kills and 1000p a game and I'm 4-14 KILL ME

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

In Training posted:

I've been averaging like 10 kills and 1000p a game and I'm 4-14 KILL ME

Yeah, that was me last night, today's been a bit better for me and I think I at least broke even on W/L but I still did plenty of yelling at my tv this afternoon.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Kaubocks posted:

like both teams take their own sides, cool. let's say purple gets the balls to creep into enemy territory and orange defeats them. nows the perfect time for orange to take advantage of the situation but the rotating doors lock down how fast you can make it over to the enemy side. by the time orange make it through most of purple will have respawned and orange will have little extra ground to show for it

not to mention there's no way to really retreat once you push in. once you're through the door it's all or nothing because going backwards is difficult and slow. as someone earlier in the thread mentioned there's no ebb or flow. it's just a gridlock

Well you can jump back to spawn, but you pretty much have to be in an area in enemy territory where no enemies will murder you for the 5 seconds it takes to jump.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I could totally play this shifty station all the time I'm loving it, but it really sounds like I was playing a different game than you all last night. I spent most of my time keeping my side secure cause they kept coming or one would get in long enough to get jumped too then suddenly poo poo was real.

I was using the dual squelchers though which between the long range and the point sensors makes all that super effective on a map with a couple of big choke points bwahahahaha

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kaubocks posted:

Stage is fun. You just need to get good and stop complaining

Edit: you can squid jump at any time to someone on the other side. You should never be trapped.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's boring map design. Although I thought it was funny when someone with beakons on my team put one on a rotating Block