Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

Arachnids are not bugs.

Arachnids aren't insects but "bugs" is a more general, informal term that includes all creepy-crawly things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

can we get a mod up in here to rule on whether or not scorpions is bugs, this is going to tear the thread apart. i need a mods opinion, so they can weigh in.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Scorpions is bugs,

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
When Skarner was the most overpowered champion in League history :allears:

Super Librarian posted:

Arachnids aren't insects but "bugs" is a more general, informal term that includes all creepy-crawly things

The one thing they both have in common is the fact that they're both going up your rear end tonight.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

There is a bug in Dota Bat Rider

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

HMS Beagle posted:

There is a bug in Dota Bat Rider

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

pog boyfriend posted:

can we get a mod up in here to rule on whether or not scorpions is bugs, this is going to tear the thread apart. i need a mods opinion, so they can weigh in.

They’re not bugs man, they’re features.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Is Syndra good these days? I like her a lot and I'm considering crafting her with blue essence, but I don't wanna do that if it turns out she's out of the meta.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

pog boyfriend posted:

a bug is: anything that s gross (do not quote this post and say i am a bug)

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Elman posted:

Is Syndra good these days? I like her a lot and I'm considering crafting her with blue essence, but I don't wanna do that if it turns out she's out of the meta.

She's seeing a fair amount of pro play and is certainly popular

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Elman posted:

She's fine but has a low win rate in solo queue because she was dominating in pro play; basically you need to be pretty good with her to be at all successful

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the appeal of syndra in solo queue is if you are competent enough to go even with your laner you probably win your lane by pressing r on cooldown

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Bleck posted:

Speaking of Skarner, remember Skarner? Man, I wish his kit was good.

It's a shame, his kit used to be fine but he suffered from trundle syndrome in that he was really boring to play and didn't do anything flashy. So they made his kit.... Better, I guess? But he's still seems super boring to play.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
He was totally fine and fun as hell pre Domion passive but it wasn't unique enough so they shoehorned in a lovely minigame that started a tredn of stupid minigame passives for several champions. The only reason the Dominion passive was really good was way inflated numbers.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
"support" veigar. why does anyone play anything but full ap mid but in bot lane.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
possibly because they dont want to die every 3 minutes

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

if i am the support and i die while like instantly killing the enemy adc i consider that a win, even if they survive with 10% hp because they are out of that fight

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Methanar posted:

"support" veigar. why does anyone play anything but full ap mid but in bot lane.

because it loving sucks. nobody needs more AP damage in an already damage-saturated teamcomp.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Support veigar is fun and good. A 2.5 second AoE stun/knockdown is good on any teamcomp and also

pog boyfriend posted:

if i am the support and i die while like instantly killing the enemy adc i consider that a win, even if they survive with 10% hp because they are out of that fight

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

How long have you been sitting on this image

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Best post of the thread

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Lovechop posted:

a bug is: anything that s gross (do not quote this post and say i am a bug)

You're an arachnid

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Gunblade feels really good on Ezreal. The active is like 50 seconds shorter compared to blade, and does almost 3 times as much damage. The AP isn't wasted on his generous ratios too and getting 5% lifesteal on R and 15% on E is a lot of extra health in a fight. I think over time against tanks you definitely lose just a tad damage from not having bork stats, but for bursting a squishy character I think it adds a lot of extra damage. Duskblade feels like this too, but I kind of value the on demand perk of gunblade's active. I really haven't liked Bork since they shaved that extra active damage from it. The burst aspect is what i really valued.

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 14, 2017

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Kanye feels really good to me it's super fun being able to walk thru walls. Is red Kanye or blue Kanye better? I've just played one game so far and I chose red Kanye since he was the first one to be available, nearly dying and jumping into a tahm kench only to jump out and kill him while being healed to full is hilarious. Ditto on dodging a zed ult by entering him. Very sexxie

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

I can't believe Fiora is a part of the alt-right

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I thought it was a smug anime girl references

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

gowb posted:

Kanye feels really good to me it's super fun being able to walk thru walls. Is red Kanye or blue Kanye better? I've just played one game so far and I chose red Kanye since he was the first one to be available, nearly dying and jumping into a tahm kench only to jump out and kill him while being healed to full is hilarious. Ditto on dodging a zed ult by entering him. Very sexxie

I've never seen anyone go blue so I'm going to assume red is just better outside of niche circumstances.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Bleck posted:

I can't believe Fiora is a part of the alt-right

it's :discourse:

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/Wyc4oRr.gifv

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Gunblade feels really good on Ezreal. The active is like 50 seconds shorter compared to blade, and does almost 3 times as much damage. The AP isn't wasted on his generous ratios too and getting 5% lifesteal on R and 15% on E is a lot of extra health in a fight. I think over time against tanks you definitely lose just a tad damage from not having bork stats, but for bursting a squishy character I think it adds a lot of extra damage. Duskblade feels like this too, but I kind of value the on demand perk of gunblade's active. I really haven't liked Bork since they shaved that extra active damage from it. The burst aspect is what i really valued.

Have you played the warrior into duskblade jungle build its really strong and funny.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
No, but after building duskblade about 30 times on him bot i can attest that it's Good

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Vonnie posted:

I've never seen anyone go blue so I'm going to assume red is just better outside of niche circumstances.

I saw a guy be blue once and it seemed to work pretty well? Looks like it might be better if the enemy team is all squishies.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Something that’s good against enemy champions is crowd control and the one without cc barely does more damage

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

Something that’s good against enemy champions is crowd control and the one without cc barely does more damage

Hey man he's got a slow!!!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

kingcobweb posted:

If they ded they controlled.jpg

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
the blue one actually does do significantly more damage, and it's great if a particular target on the enemy team really just needs to die

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Blue is just a different form of Kha'Zix so the only reason to go blue is if your team is snowballing really hard and you think you can end before or around 30 minutes

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

How Rude posted:

the blue one actually does do significantly more damage, and it's great if a particular target on the enemy team really just needs to die
There's plenty of not-napkin math out there to show that this is actually not the case. Blue does more, but it's not "significantly" anything.

The thing Shadow Assassin has over Rhaast is a drastic difference in mobility, and a substantially shorter burst window (which is easier to achieve thanks to the aforementioned mobility). They absolutely do comparable damage and if you require more than napkin math I'll happily oblige.

Taking a break from complicated math for easy math is always nice.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
13/1/5 as Kayle, A rank. Was 112 farm not enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Bleck posted:

13/1/5 as Kayle, A rank. Was 112 farm not enough?
If the game was under 20 minutes, yes.

• Locked thread