Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
If I was a rich motherfucker and some yahoo splashed paint on my fur coat, I would make sure they knew that they're the reason I'm gonna buy another coat. Which will run out faster, my friend: My dollars or your seals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I lived in Alaska and someone brought in seal meat stew to work. It stunk up a whole airplane hangar so bad we had to open up the door. It smelled like fish right before it gets rotten and right after it will give you scombroid.

I find these claims of magical seal meat very specious.

It's very high in omega-3s, which are one of the most volatile fats. They oxidise quickly, and when they do, they smell like rotten fish.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kasumeat posted:

It's very high in omega-3s, which are one of the most volatile fats. They oxidise quickly, and when they do, they smell like rotten fish.

Yeah most of the natives I worked with were not fans but I dunno how representative a sample it was. I had seagull eggs and reindeer which were both really good, but apparently you get half grown eggs balut style which are very divisive.

I never experienced muktuk but they talked about it like it was the Boogeyman.

• Locked thread