Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
doing the good ol' "I'm not saying you're a molester, I'm just asking questions" thing. shady af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
He got borderline accusatory and then went hmm maybe we need real evidence not a text chain with a billion typoes

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Gorilla Mindset Mike was right: Everyone he disagrees with is a pedo.

edit: Street Fight is the only good lefty podcast

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Dirt posted:

Gorilla Mindset Mike was right: Everyone he disagrees with is a pedo

dam....

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Kunster posted:

Also ya know, at least two participants on the joke talking with mutuals they have interacted a bunch with previously on the threads and going "Yeah you've got a point, sorry about that, was a spur of the moment thing"!

Might be an unpopular opinion on here but I think it's possible to say that it was good to back down on a tweet without necessarily saying Jared Fogle's actions were a victimless crime

Serf
May 5, 2011

should have known better than to trust the anime guy!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

and now the Duke tweet is deleted too

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well that was a fun 10 minutes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The perfect "I'm not sayin... I'm just sayin."

Tweet it, let it marinate for an hour, call to signal boost it, then delete it because its veracity is specious at best.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Wonder if it’ll be spun as Chapo fan harassment getting it taken down

Serf
May 5, 2011

i saw the same thing pop up in some replies a few months back. same deal, no one addressed it and it disappeared a while after. i guess this has been a thing for a little while now.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Serf posted:

i saw the same thing pop up in some replies a few months back. same deal, no one addressed it and it disappeared a while after. i guess this has been a thing for a little while now.

The Chapo Pedo ring is deep and hidden well

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm hyped for Pizzagate 2

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i heard his name is actually virgin kidsass

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Spoeank posted:

The perfect "I'm not sayin... I'm just sayin."

Tweet it, let it marinate for an hour, call to signal boost it, then delete it because its veracity is specious at best.

+ then say “wow these chapo bros are so aggro”

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I think twitter was a mistake

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/NefariousBanana/status/919276382005407744

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Henchman of Santa posted:

Wonder if it’ll be spun as Chapo fan harassment getting it taken down

Of course it will. Also there will be victim-blaming and failure to believe women and anything else they feel like. :smith:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
posted this is the cum town thrad by accident but im gonna leave it there while also posting it here

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I will always believe a twitter user with only 300 followers

Dirt
May 26, 2003

little munchkin posted:

posted this is the cum town thrad by accident but im gonna leave it there while also posting it here

Nothing but respect for our troops.

Serf
May 5, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I will always believe a twitter user with only 300 followers

it only took me a glance at some of the people that we have in common to know exactly what corner of twitter that person comes from, and yeah, this is kinda how they operate

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wrong thread

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the cosby joke was good i loving hate twitter

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Kunster posted:

Also ya know, at least two participants on the joke talking with mutuals they have interacted a bunch with previously on the threads and going "Yeah you've got a point, sorry about that, was a spur of the moment thing"!

Everyone on earth has apologized for something that they don't actually think was bad, if they think it's also not really worth defending. That's the kind of good will that everyone can agree is helpful to interpersonal relationships.

This is quite different from the guy who made the tweet quitting his position at the DSA and undergoing 'sensitivity training', as well as him and the DSA releasing page-long statements about a tweet. It's not healthy for an organization or a movement to handle minor infractions so dramatically.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 14, 2017

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

little munchkin posted:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Pedro De Heredia posted:

This is quite different from the guy who made the tweet quitting his position at the DSA and undergoing 'sensitivity training', as well as him and the DSA releasing page-long statements about a tweet. It's not healthy for an organization or a movement to handle minor infractions so dramatically.

Lmao what, is that what happened?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Who the gently caress is this Duke Swellington guy, what did he say and why am I blocked by him despite never once having interacted with him?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Everyone on earth has apologized for something that they don't actually think was bad, if they think it's also not really worth defending. That's the kind of good will that everyone can agree is helpful to interpersonal relationships.

Somebody pointed out that this way, if/when he comes back, people will have a harder time bitching about it. It seems unnecessary/overkill to me, but I'm not running a political organization. :shrug:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

little munchkin posted:

in a way this is even more appropriate since those torture schemes haven't slowed down and haven't been stopped in any way since then.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah. I'm going out on a limb here and saying that the Virgil thing would've actually had some semblance of evidence backing it up if it were true. Instead of being something that happened right after some CHUDs said they were going to do exactly what this was. Believe victims, don't believe random, easily-fabricated crap coming from nobodies while The BS Terror Alert level should be at red already. Believe victims, don't believe third-hand hearsay.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
This is why twitter/reddit is awful. Anyone who thought about this for half a second would realize that publicizing the accusation that way (screenshots of a conversation with a third party) would could lead to no good outcomes. But hey, gotta get those upvotes and those retweets and be twitter celebrity adjacent. If Virgil is guilty, releasing some third hand "heard it on discord" without the actual permission and words of the actual person involved just leads people to second guess the victim and take control away from her. And if Virgil isn't, then the negative outcome should be obvious.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

joepinetree posted:

This is why twitter/reddit is awful. Anyone who thought about this for half a second would realize that publicizing the accusation that way (screenshots of a conversation with a third party) would could lead to no good outcomes. But hey, gotta get those upvotes and those retweets and be twitter celebrity adjacent. If Virgil is guilty, releasing some third hand "heard it on discord" without the actual permission and words of the actual person involved just leads people to second guess the victim and take control away from her. And if Virgil isn't, then the negative outcome should be obvious.

Also funny and convenient that /pol/ has been planning this week to make up false rape allegations against leftists and fake chat texts to back them up.

Believing poo poo you see online unless it's verified by a major outlet is loving stupid, and sometimes even then you should be suspicious.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Huzanko posted:

Also funny and convenient that /pol/ has been planning this week to make up false rape allegations against leftists and fake chat texts to back them up.

Believing poo poo you see online unless it's verified by a major outlet is loving stupid, and sometimes even then you should be suspicious.

It's not even about doubting the story. It was specially lovely to do this if it is true.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

bill cosby jared fogle virgil texas innocent!!!!!

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Tim Faust puts on a real good show guys. If he comes your way show up

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

CaptainJuan posted:

His podcast is also really, really good.

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

CaptainJuan posted:

Does he have a website or a listing of his talks? I know he is coming my way in November, but no idea on the date or location.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
He tweeted a map a while back but that's about it! Ask your local DSA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

the cosby joke was good i loving hate twitter

It was low effort edgelord poo poo but I also hate twitter.

Except when it's good.