Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Fedule posted:

My TV & Video "app" has been busted for the last two months. It just hangs on the system background when you open it, possibly but not always displaying the loading icon with the symbols. I have to load Netflix through the Library. I've heard of this being an intermittent problem before but it's been literal months. What's going on?

Do you use an animated theme? I always find that they slow down my PS4 menus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The res infinite one i use doesnt seem to but it also has visual errors now when object fly in front of menu items in the new firmware

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Rented the new Middle Earth game... nothing bad about it, but an hour in, I would maybe call it a Shadow of More-bore.

It just feels like the same game as the first (so far).

Does it change up or get more engaging? I might send it back and buy it for 20 bucks in the summer doldrums. I don’t dislike it, I just don’t think it warrants my limited gaming time in holiday 2017.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Feenix posted:

Rented the new Middle Earth game... nothing bad about it, but an hour in, I would maybe call it a Shadow of More-bore.

Does it change up or get more engaging? I might send it back and buy it for 20 bucks in the summer doldrums. I don’t dislike it, I just don’t think it warrants my limited gaming time in holiday 2017.

everything i've heard about it makes it sound like it's more just a refinement of what the first game was than anything radically new

which sounds great to me personally because all the first game really needed was more ways to interact with the orc boys but i'll wait for it to get cheaper too

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Feenix posted:

Act 2 is completely different than anything in the first game and it's (barely) holding my interest only because it's so different than any other game and I want to see where it goes. I thought the first game was just OK.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I thought the first game was just OK.
why buy the 2nd at launch then

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Feenix posted:

I would maybe call it a Shadow of More-bore.

:stare:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you enjoy the combat at all, blitz through the story quests until you get to the army/fortress/sieging stuff. (Took me about 5-6 hours),

Then you'll know whether or not it's for you I suppose. If anything on this screen piques your interest...

Of course if fighting is not doing it for you then don't bother.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

how's the variety for the fortress stuff? that whole system looked neat from previews but it seemed like it could get repetitive real quick

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Awesome! posted:

why buy the 2nd at launch then

I felt like it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Does that new game have Batman-style combat? It appeared during a time when every action game and its dog was using that, but now I guess it's the only one left. I never liked it very much.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s bears mentioning that it has the best Arkham Batman combat of any of them, including Batman.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah part of the reason I didn't love the first one was because I was burned out on Arkham combat. Now it's fun again, and I agree it's the best version of Arkham combat.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Snak posted:

Like AssCreed or Arkam, but with those mechanics applied to shooting.

I think they did sorta with 40k Space Marine? Its been so long honestly I can't remember.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You know what I want a PS4 port of? Rage. That game owned, gently caress the haters.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Thanks for reminding me that I bought that game and still haven't popped that in. I should do that when I get home later.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's a very good FPS with fun car combat, great set pieces and amazing visual design/graphics (for the time but still very good by todays standards). it has some major flaws, mostly being that the story sucks and the open world has very little depth.

It's funny because I believe with the current culture of games, it would have been received much better now than it was back in 2011. It got seriously hated on for not being Fallout/Borderlands with good graphics, and also had a PC port so bad it never recovered. The shooter parts are on par with Wolfenstien or doom imo and it arguably has more variety than Wolfenstien or Doom 2016.

Think about it for a second. This is a 7 year old game running on a 360. iirc it even ran at 60fps. Fuckin crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJvF-MBJMB8

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Huh. Yeah, I'd play that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is that the mega textures game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Manatee Cannon posted:

is that the mega textures game

Yeah, the very first one. As a result, it has quick but ever-present pop-in almost constantly, especially on console.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Rage loving sucks and I think anyone who advocates for it might legit have brain damage.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's a garbage opinion my friend.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

With the two big FPS franchises now doing 70+ year old wars is there a FPS set in a modern-ish setting with a decent enough playerbasee? Preferably with COD's smaller maps and quick gameplay.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

titanfall2 but its future

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

veni veni veni posted:

That's a garbage opinion my friend.

Blander than Blands and more texture pop in than Mass Effect?

Rage is the Sam Worthington of games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

None of that is true though except the texture pop in in big open areas. Everything about the actual levels was loving great. The shooting was awesome and the animation had a ton of personality.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

veni veni veni posted:

None of that is true though except the texture pop in in big open areas. Everything about the actual levels was loving great. The shooting was awesome and the animation had a ton of personality.

I installed the retardedly huge game after people said this, then saw that it wasn't true, then uninstalled it and played a fun game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I assumed you didn't play it for more than an hour. Really interested in your expert opinion though.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I assumed you didn't play it for more than an hour. Really interested in your expert opinion though.

If a game doesn't draw you in within an hour, it's not usually worth playing. I have 800+ games in my Steam library but I've only put more than 20 hours in a handful of them for good reason.

It's cool that people like different things but Rage was just Borderlands with some whacky enemies doing the pirate shuffle from Uncharted and yeah no thanks to the generic everything else.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
10 minutes of John Goodman is better than anything Borderlands as a series has provided thusfar.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DrNutt posted:

If a game doesn't draw you in within an hour, it's not usually worth playing. I have 800+ games in my Steam library but I've only put more than 20 hours in a handful of them for good reason.

It's cool that people like different things but Rage was just Borderlands with some whacky enemies doing the pirate shuffle from Uncharted and yeah no thanks to the generic everything else.

I don't think anyone who buys 800 games and doesn't even play them has much room to say anyone else has brain damage.

Also rage is almost nothing like borderlands aside from it being thematically similar, but again that pretty much falls in line with you not knowing what you are talking about here.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

veni veni veni posted:

I don't think anyone who buys 800 games and doesn't even play them has much room to say anyone else has brain damage.

:shrug: Bundles man, whatevs. I've had Steam for 11 years.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I picked up Shadow Warrior 2 during the flash sale, and it is a blast.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I have to laugh when I tried to change the horrible cursor aim controls in war thunder. I can't actually select things like 'keep default', try to return to previous bindings or even cancel the whole thing altogether without the dumb configuration thing registering the cursor movements as me saying 'yes, i want the new control for the bomb bay door to be left stick up!' I guess thats a sign that I shouldn't bother with this lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

DrNutt posted:

If a game doesn't draw you in within an hour, it's not usually worth playing.

This but 35 seconds.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JBP posted:

This but 35 seconds.

A lot of girls tell you that, I bet.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah but unlike sex I've never finished a game in that 35 seconds.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

JBP posted:

Yeah but unlike sex I've never finished a game in that 35 seconds.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Rage was good until it just loving ended with no warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

DrNutt posted:

If a game doesn't draw you in within an hour, it's not usually worth playing.

Don't care about Rage, but :laffo: forever at this level of ADHD