Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/919173846015594496

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/919174719680729089

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taters
Jun 13, 2005

All the "wait this isn't photoshopped?!" replies really make this one.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Working up a hot sweat
I'm scratching in your pea patch
Plowing through your bean field
Planting my seed.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Dead Reckoning posted:

OK, so back in the day, there was this long standing tradition where, upon the departure of a particularly respected commander, his men would pool their money to present him with a sword or sometimes a pistol, a gift symbolizing their loyalty and esteem. The Air Force at some point decided to formalize the tradition, calling it "The Order of the Sword", and presenting a citation along with a display blade, (instead of live weapons and handguns,) and sometimes even foregoing the sword entirely. However, it was still meant to be a process driven by the enlisted men of a unit, even of it was no longer an organic expression of esteem.

Of course, as happens with these things, what was once an uncommon and distinguished honor became expected. The sort of NCOs that attach themselves remora-like to the asses of carrerist officers in hopes of being pulled to higher rank and authority will go around advocating or demanding that their men show their commander how much they love him. I know of at least one case where, after a unit bestowed swords on their previous two commanders, it became known that the lower ranks were not planning to do so for their current boss. The result was a series of angry asides and browbeating, because how dare they imply that their commandeer was not as good and respected as his predecessors.

The other thing that happened is that the Air Force officer ranks is comprised of people devoid of any sense of taste, so the swords evolved from soldier's blades, to tasteful display pieces, to that gaudy-rear end anime bullshit from the picture.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Jose posted:

Lol if you're not anarcho-stalinist

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

I think I'd be mad if someone gave me one of those things. It'd def end up in an attic

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Michael Bayleaf posted:

I think I'd be mad if someone gave me one of those things. It'd def end up in an attic

I'd use it as a novelty bread knife

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I'd socket my Enemy Skill materia into it

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

whydirt posted:

I'd socket my Enemy Skill materia into it

the trick is getting someone to cast full communism on you so you can learn it

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dreddout posted:

Ants love and honor thicc women

this explains why they built a colony in ian miles cheong's bed

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Lol at the idea that Atheists where hand in hand with the enlightenment of all humanity

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lol

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Nebakenezzer posted:

Lol at the idea that Atheists where hand in hand with the enlightenment of all humanity

Atheists or as I call them (((crypto-lutherans)))

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dreddout posted:

Atheists or as I call them (((crypto-lutherans)))

This is a good joke, and I'm going to steal it and use it in my real life to confuse and annoy my atheist friends.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
tradcath are right. protestants are loving scum.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
*me, normal athiest* i hate religion but also did you know that the holocaust never happened?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

air force is by far one of the failest of the branches. say what you will about the others but at least they're not constantly making GBS threads themselves about the need for a new trillion dollar bomber program every five years.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

AFAIK the chairforce has the biggest problem with Christian weirdos, which goes a long way to explaining the sword iconography.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

AFAIK the chairforce has the biggest problem with Christian weirdos, which goes a long way to explaining the sword iconography.

and the obsession with using apocalyptic doomsday weapons

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is a good joke, and I'm going to steal it and use it in my real life to confuse and annoy my atheist friends.

You have my blessing

:)

Darkman Fanpage posted:

air force is by far one of the failest of the branches. say what you will about the others but at least they're not constantly making GBS threads themselves about the need for a new trillion dollar bomber program every five years.

At least they aren't the Marines, the branch that has to have their own exclusive version of the f-35 so they can get tacticool VTOL poo poo that doesn't even work

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Evangelicals specifically, don't know why, but it attracts them like flies

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Dreddout posted:

Evangelicals specifically, don't know why, but it attracts them like flies

Modern american evangelicals are more of a doomsday death cult than ISIS. So ask yourself, which branch of the military gets entrusted with enough firepower to kickstart the End Times?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Force_Global_Strike_Command

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

agreed

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

They're making an army of Death Knight air force chodes by giving them cursed runeblades. It's part of the Burning Trump's plan to wipe out Iran so he can build a golf course in Shiraz.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

420 Gank Mid posted:

Modern american evangelicals are more of a doomsday death cult than ISIS. So ask yourself, which branch of the military gets entrusted with enough firepower to kickstart the End Times?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Force_Global_Strike_Command

yeah an evangelical officer would be all too happy to turn the icbm launch key. hallelujah!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dreddout posted:

At least they aren't the Marines, the branch that has to have their own exclusive version of the f-35 so they can get tacticool VTOL poo poo that doesn't even work

a good way to piss off a marine is to tell them they're the navy's bitch and are a redundancy.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Darkman Fanpage posted:

a good way to piss off a marine is to tell them they're the navy's bitch and are a redundancy.

I have no illusions that the average marine couldn't beat the poo poo out of me so no thank you

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
just call them the soldiers of the sea like their old recruitment posters said

they love being called that

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

Lol if you're not left authoritarian

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

cursed image

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

KiteAuraan posted:

They're making an army of Death Knight air force chodes by giving them cursed runeblades. It's part of the Burning Trump's plan to wipe out Iran so he can build a golf course in Shiraz.

richard cheney is the lich dick. trump is one of those dumbass ogres from draenor at best. at best

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Nebakenezzer posted:

Well I mean, the Enlightenment happened.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

just call them the soldiers of the sea like their old recruitment posters said

they love being called that

(Mercy to the minds of those who get that reference.)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
anime is real

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
anime is hypernormal

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

logikv9 posted:

anime is real

https://twitter.com/otohime0905/status/917770851512082432https://twitter.com/otohime0905/status/917770851512082432

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Edit:wrong thread

TheDon01 has issued a correction as of 05:59 on Oct 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

same