Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

The only assholes left at this point are seemingly FPS noobs who dont know to shut up when they're dead :rolleyes:

If you're worried about accidentally using prox chat and giving yourself away, Control + Y changes voice channels. (T toggles voice in general)

Can't remember which goon it was but someone we murdered actually told us "good luck" instead of calling us racial slurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

My squad ran into our first true hacker last night. Not like "man that one dude wrecked us and it was kinda sketchy" but moving 50 meters at a time in superspeed and then headshotting everyone in the space of half a second.

Never run into a blatant hacker but I have definitely run into the incredibly sketchy dude that stops his car in the middle of a field 200 metres away without a single contextual clue that I'm there, crests a hill on foot and instantly kills me with two headshots. Most of the sketchy poo poo in this game I just attribute to randomness - 100 people every game, at least some of them are gonna be the type of retard to crouchwalk looking around every single corner and murk my dumb rear end - but that one sticks out in my mind.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
There's fucktons of blatant hacking lately. Until about a month ago it was pretty sparse, but occasionally you'd see blatant aimbotting. Last couple weeks I've been seeing blatant speedhacking or aimbotting almost every session of games I play. Battleye recently said they're banning almost 15k people a day in PUBG, though PUBG also just said that their bans apparently haven't actually been keeping people from playing. Yeah you read that right, people who got banned 9 days ago are still able to play because :bluehole:

Also lol if you play with WBG, I used to defend him as being possibly self-aware of how much of a shitlord he is, but holy poo poo he has no clue. He banned me from squad games for not resing him in time when he died to a red zone two months ago.

bigmandan
Sep 11, 2001

lol internet
College Slice

Herstory Begins Now posted:

There's fucktons of blatant hacking lately. Until about a month ago it was pretty sparse, but occasionally you'd see blatant aimbotting. Last couple weeks I've been seeing blatant speedhacking or aimbotting almost every session of games I play. Battleye recently said they're banning almost 15k people a day in PUBG, though PUBG also just said that their bans apparently haven't actually been keeping people from playing. Yeah you read that right, people who got banned 9 days ago are still able to play because :bluehole:

Also lol if you play with WBG, I used to defend him as being possibly self-aware of how much of a shitlord he is, but holy poo poo he has no clue. He banned me from squad games for not resing him in time when he died to a red zone two months ago.

Do you have a source for the bans not actually preventing people from playing?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Battleye recently said they're banning almost 15k people a day in PUBG,

https://twitter.com/TheBattlEye/status/918734703183659008
https://twitter.com/PLAYERUNKNOWN/status/918505407546580992

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

bigmandan posted:

Do you have a source for the bans not actually preventing people from playing?

Pretty sure it involves circumventing some of the client side validation, given that they're using coherent (webkit UI middleware, it's not bad it just lends itself to exploitation if the backend's api is flimsy), it's probably as easy as pinning a cert (probably not) and changing some json on the way up. As long as they have a valid steam account with the game they should be able to do this indefinitely. This is why so many people want Bluehole to switch to steam vac/hw id bans (which would also permanently brand their steam profile). It might even be as simple as preventing the dialog box that informs you that you're banned from appearing rofl

In the past week I've seen some awesome poo poo, top two have to be:

A guy landing ~200m out from Yas apartments in the middle of the loving cornfields. I land on a roof with an AK, figure dude's toast. Wrong! Motherfucker hits the turbo button and all of the sudden he's running a 5 second 100m dash.

Later on, our entire squad getting headfucked with a crossbow repeatedly from >400m. P sure we all had at least 2 stuck in our heads at the end of that game

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I would honestly say to just go for it. Got a big rear end mousepad (approx. 18x18 inch)? If the answer is yes, then maybe you have to change your seating position. I have my arm positioned so my elbow is just off the edge of the table while the rest of my forearm is just resting on the table. You might have to raise or lower your chair so the position is neutral when you just lay your arm on the table. Try not to have your arms too far away to the side from you body and also try to have them more or less equidistant from your body so you are not sitting crooked. This could mean that your keyboard is slightly in the way if you have a huge one. If that is the case you can tilt it a bit like this https://i.imgur.com/ljmAkkR.jpg (don't pay any attention to this guys tiny mousepad).

Also remember there is no one true best sensitivity so you might end up being comfortable with a slightly higher or lower sensitivity than a baseline of for example 50 in game, 6/11 windows, 400dpi. I'd say play a few games with a sense and adjust according to what feels comfortable to you. Don't be afraid of playing around with it slightly. Muscle memory is not that big of a factor in my opinion and especially not in a game like this where your fps isn't constant.
It's a trade off of slightly more cumbersome looting for more accuracy and you have to find the right balance for you.

I’m currently at 40 with 45 on the aim settings. I plan on lowering it gradually, but I just couldn’t aim at all with 30. You would think I was playing with a controller.

I’ve got about a 12x8” area for my mouse. I’ve got a desk that still has a keyboard tray. When I get a new desk it will be much different, but that’s not in the cards any time soon. Vertical isn’t really a problem unless I have to aim straight up immediately.

I’ve also got whatever the max DPI is on an MX518 just because I try to keep it roughly the same sensitivity between my home and work PCs. I could crank it down, but my understanding is that there’s no practical difference between high dpi or low dpi as long as the sensitivity is adjusted so they both require the same amount of movement.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Max DPI on the MX518 is 1600 or 1800 depending on the model.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I’m currently at 40 with 45 on the aim settings. I plan on lowering it gradually, but I just couldn’t aim at all with 30. You would think I was playing with a controller.

I’ve got about a 12x8” area for my mouse. I’ve got a desk that still has a keyboard tray. When I get a new desk it will be much different, but that’s not in the cards any time soon. Vertical isn’t really a problem unless I have to aim straight up immediately.

I’ve also got whatever the max DPI is on an MX518 just because I try to keep it roughly the same sensitivity between my home and work PCs. I could crank it down, but my understanding is that there’s no practical difference between high dpi or low dpi as long as the sensitivity is adjusted so they both require the same amount of movement.

I think I use about 40-45/400dpi and it's def on the low end of what people use, but I also murder the gently caress out of people every game so it works. It's not until i get into the top 2-3000 on the leaderboards that I start occasionally running into people who are out aiming me. When I was learning arm aiming, I started with a sens maybe 25% higher before finally dropping down to there because the precision I gained in fights was completely worth it.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 13, 2017

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Yea low sens + giant mouse pad is by far the way to go. Like when I switched years ago, it made me much more reliable at CS after I got used to it. Like my RWS on ESEA went up 30% after switching and getting used to it.

I feel that its even more important for PUBG because at really lnog distances, you want the ability to adjust by individual pixels. It also makes getting headshots easier and its easier to track moving targets and not under/over aim them.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

If your mouse pad doesn't measure 4 ft by 2 ft, just stop playing.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Be like me, have a giant mouse pad but set your dpi to 1600 anyways

the rest of the space is for weed

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Be like me, have a giant mouse pad but set your dpi to 1600 anyways

the rest of the space is for weed

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Holy poo poo I need this.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

I have one that size, but then I went back to the 20x20 QCK+ because the surface is a lot better. now if they made a 2x4ft qck+ mmmm

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I have one that size, but then I went back to the 20x20 QCK+ because the surface is a lot better. now if they made a 2x4ft qck+ mmmm

Like this? https://steelseries.com/gaming-mousepads/qck-xxl

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

^Thats what I use, love em

You also need weed crumbs in your keyboard to reduce key travel distance and maximize performance

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

different surface from the plus limited*

E: this is my favorite
https://steelseries.com/gaming-mousepads/qck-plus-limited I just keep it at like a 30 degree angle so the horizontal range available is greater

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 13, 2017

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

You also need weed crumbs in your keyboard to reduce key travel distance and maximize performance

Those keycaps sure are something.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

It's like the 130th keyboard WASDKeyboards ever sold, pretty sure I used every color they had in 2011. I will likely die from option paralysis before I buy anything else

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I use this, but I cut the cord off because gently caress LEDs. It was free from some dumb retail training program I did 10 years ago. Also, apparently I only use the left half of it and my sensitivity is 2400. Hmm...

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826997013

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

must be getting old, i'm not getting this loss.jpg edit :(

LE
Oct 19, 2002

And Discord is having an outage.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

LE posted:

And Discord is having an outage.

LE
Oct 19, 2002

I've done the HEL to SIN flight. Was good trip.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Do The Evolution posted:

Never run into a blatant hacker but I have definitely run into the incredibly sketchy dude that stops his car in the middle of a field 200 metres away without a single contextual clue that I'm there, crests a hill on foot and instantly kills me with two headshots. Most of the sketchy poo poo in this game I just attribute to randomness - 100 people every game, at least some of them are gonna be the type of retard to crouchwalk looking around every single corner and murk my dumb rear end - but that one sticks out in my mind.

Saw another speedhacker last night but I guess he hadn't turned the aimbot portion of his hacks on because my buddy schwacked his whole squad

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

I had a good time with random goons on discord today. Thank you.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
was having a pretty great squad game with goons earlier and then a guy named ||||||||| headshot me and another goon through our level three helmets from 300m away using an M16 on burst fire essentially simultaneously, so by the time we rezzed the circle came in on us :(

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Even with level 3 helmets and armor, crotch/butt shots bypass that and do full damage :eng101:

I had really bad gas in the bathroom again, this happens way too often to be an accident

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Even with level 3 helmets and armor, crotch/butt shots bypass that and do full damage :eng101:

I had really bad gas in the bathroom again, this happens way too often to be an accident

Are you... are you playing with a controller?

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
I can tell you from personal experience that if you EVER, at any point, have a controller plugged into your PC while you start PUBG, it will irreversibly display the controller control prompts from then on. Which is loving irritating.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Zipperelli. posted:

I am so glad I'm not the only person to ask him this question.

Answer: No.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Protect your ears from this terribly made game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v38f9L1xZ3M

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

won a duo when a guy with a kar kills the person in fourth place, a jeep screams past me and my teammate to run over the person with the kar who gets third place, then the driver crashes his jeep into a tree to die in second place.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
do EU goons use the discord much? seems rather light outside NA hours

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
yes we do, there's an ok amount of eurogoons playing this.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Communist Q posted:

Protect your ears from this terribly made game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v38f9L1xZ3M
don't watch this idiot 9 minute video and install a bunch of ugly virtual sound driver bloatware, just do this, it takes 10 seconds

now footsteps are as loud as gunshots and you'll never get snuck up on again

e: note that you'll have to restart discord once or go into the options and flip the audio out setting to reset it after this change

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 15, 2017

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
This looks like a good idea for csgo as well

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

https://www.3appes.com/sound-lock/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Zipperelli. posted:

I can speak for my setup, I have a controller plugged in for rocket league, and all the shortcut popups tell me the shortcuts for the controller and not the keyboard. Assuming that is what's happening there.

• Locked thread