Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Racism isn't a contest you guys. Every place is horrible in its own special way. Participation medals all around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Quoting this so it will be on every page forever

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
man just some people dont know about milwaukee. I even called it the Cleveland of Wisconsin when I first moved there and that’s not a nice thing to say

Brolander fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 15, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

No one is actually reading the fantasy b ball thread due to original sin so is anyone still looking for people in a league where folks actually finish the season? My wife and I can go beat up on random people who set their rosters until February again I guess but I'd rather play people who give a poo poo

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

dont forget that time a milwaukee jewelry store literally called the cops cause john henson decided to try to buy some jewelry. they literally were clutching pearls in the back behind locked doors

This is still just an unbelievable story to me. Like nobody just even spoke to Henson?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

This is still just an unbelievable story to me. Like nobody just even spoke to Henson?

too black.

Like dog, white people can see a 12 year old black boy and decide the best course of action would be to do a GTA slide out of a car and gun him down in a park.

Henson's lucky he didn't get shot tbh.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

He went there with 3 friends and they assumed he was robbing the place before he got into the door. Even after the police told the store he was a Buck the store requested that a police officer supervise.

John Henson posted:

Went to @schwankekasten jewelry today in White-Fish Bay during regular business hours. They locked the door and told me to go away. After I rang the doorbell twice everyone went to the back. No answered the door or told me what was going on. This was followed by two police cars pulling up and parking across the street and watching me for 5 minutes ( I assumed they were called by the store ). I was then approached by 2 officers and questioned about the dealer vehicle I was in which is apart of my endorsement deal with Kunes country Chevrolet and asked me what I wanted amongst other things that were just irrelevant to me being there just trying to shop at the store like a normal paying customer would do. I told them I was just trying to look at a watch.

He then had to go in the back and tell them to come out it was safe but this is after they ran my plates and I overheard them talking about doing more of a background check on the car. The employees finally came out of the back and proceeded to conduct business like they previously were as we walked up.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I meant unbelievable as in don't want to believe, not dont believe.

I live in S E Asia where in general being openly racist is accepted, or even expected, without a even a hint of shame, and the idea of shop owners retreating to a panic room because someone with darker skin shows up at the front door is just completely alien to me.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 15, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

man i love the nba

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

candide posted:

fist bump to whoever came up with Snowboardin' Eric Gordon

That was me, Eric Gordon was giving such a poor defensive effort that instead of a standard defensive stance he was mildly tucked and had his arms limply out like a snowboarder

Henchman of Santa posted:

Who originated Root Beer Barrel and The Sleepy-Eyed Dick-Toucher Jim Harden?
Brolander said Root Beer Barrel in a playoffs gdt

I think we decided to come up with a nickname for Harden, EvanTH called him a dick toucher, I added sleepy eyed, and maybe Chunkles or JD changed James to Jim, it was a team effort

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Russ is my hero just for that. I loving love that movie to an unhealthy degree.

Also D's mothafucka D's, Rosie Perez, drat.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Im not sure this is Russ, the ball is out of his hands and in a team mates. I haven't seen that for at least 12 months.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Boston is RACIST because the Red Sox were the last team to integrate, but Boston is NOT RACIST because the Boston Braves (since moved to Atlanta) were the 5th team to integrate

New York City is NOT RACIST because the Dodgers (since moved to LA) were the first team to integrate, but they are RACIST because the Yankees were one of the last teams

but that was a long time ago and Milwaukee is the city where John Henson tried to buy a watch at a jewelry store and they hid in the back and called the cops because a big black dude was at their door and I don't have an opposing equal story for that so Milwaukee loses

Metapod posted:

Enes Kanter is good I'll die on this hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIKXEoOItrw

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

Boston is RACIST because the Red Sox were the last team to integrate, but Boston is NOT RACIST because the Boston Braves (since moved to Atlanta) were the 5th team to integrate

New York City is NOT RACIST because the Dodgers (since moved to LA) were the first team to integrate, but they are RACIST because the Yankees were one of the last teams

but that was a long time ago and Milwaukee is the city where John Henson tried to buy a watch at a jewelry store and they hid in the back and called the cops because a big black dude was at their door and I don't have an opposing equal story for that so Milwaukee loses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIKXEoOItrw

The new version of segregation and racism is making your city an impregnable fortress of capital that poors of all types but specifically ethnics have to flee the gates or be thrown in jail with their meagre coin purses confiscated
Manhattan qualifies
the CITY OF LONDON and surrounding special area qualify
Chicago is more of the 1970 style of complete abandonment of public services including maintenance of infrastructure, to break real estate prices and enact gentrification in due time, hopefully after emergency managers, breaking unions, national narratives of NO GO ZONES and MURDER CAPITAL

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Are you saying the murder epidemic in Chicago (or "Chiraq") is an #illuminati method to break free of public pension obligations

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This is pretty cool, albeit a sign of how bad the Pacers are.

Dejan Bimble posted:

The new version of segregation and racism is making your city an impregnable fortress of capital that poors of all types but specifically ethnics have to flee the gates or be thrown in jail with their meagre coin purses confiscated
Manhattan qualifies
the CITY OF LONDON and surrounding special area qualify
Chicago is more of the 1970 style of complete abandonment of public services including maintenance of infrastructure, to break real estate prices and enact gentrification in due time, hopefully after emergency managers, breaking unions, national narratives of NO GO ZONES and MURDER CAPITAL

Isn't this kind of what is happening in Detroit now (getting gentrified now because of "IT'S REALLY CHEAP AND NOT THE MURDER CAPITAL NOW EVERYONE")? I'll admit I looked for jobs in the area post college but decided that I couldn't actually take the snow, and, also was not offered any jobs.

Rick fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 15, 2017

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
didnt that jewelry store get robbed or cased? like they had a reason to be skittish, as well as racist

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Brolander posted:

didnt that jewelry store get robbed or cased? like they had a reason to be skittish, as well as racist

But I think they were previously robbed by Bulls players, so they had no reason to be nervous of John Henson.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Chairchucker posted:

But I think they were previously robbed by Bulls players, so they had no reason to be nervous of John Henson.

But how could anyone be afraid of the muppet guy

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Brolander posted:

Milwaukee is super segregated, and the jewelry store was near the bridge to the....other side of town. The store had reason to take reasonable precaution like any place of business that stores expensive pieces like that. Calling the cops because a black guy wants to shop there is very far from reasonable.

Mikwaukee cops will also shake down a guy and run through every background check they can if they spot someone not "fitting the regular neighborhood type".

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I would be scared if most Bucks players showed up at my door because their alien limbs make me uncomfortable

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Lockback posted:

Milwaukee is super segregated, and the jewelry store was near the bridge to the....other side of town. The store had reason to take reasonable precaution like any place of business that stores expensive pieces like that. Calling the cops because a black guy wants to shop there is very far from reasonable.

Mikwaukee cops will also shake down a guy and run through every background check they can if they spot someone not "fitting the regular neighborhood type".

wait youre telling me milwaukee is segregated

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Brolander posted:

A lot of major American cities are.

Especially in the school system.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Henchman of Santa posted:

I would be scared if most Bucks players showed up at my door because their alien limbs make me uncomfortable

im only comfortable with hulking spider limbed men if they wear their insecurities on their sleeves. or shoes.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Brolander posted:

We had a cop come talk to my suburban Milwaukee high school justice class and tell us about how he looks for people that don't fit the community and he needs to weed the garden so his flowers can grow.

Zero surprise when Henson got harassed in a similar area.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Brolander posted:

Having been robbed in the past doesn't given them a reason to be racist.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

yall so loving addicted to well, actuallying that you did it both to tell brolander milwaukee isnt that racist and to tell him that he cant be excusing racism

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If any of you are itching to prove how good you are at building a NBA team the great $20 fantasy goon league is up:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835539&pagenumber=1#post477401474

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dejan Bimble posted:

That was me, Eric Gordon was giving such a poor defensive effort that instead of a standard defensive stance he was mildly tucked and had his arms limply out like a snowboarder

Brolander said Root Beer Barrel in a playoffs gdt

I think we decided to come up with a nickname for Harden, EvanTH called him a dick toucher, I added sleepy eyed, and maybe Chunkles or JD changed James to Jim, it was a team effort

I truly wish I could take credit for it but it was all rabidsquid

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Doltos posted:

If any of you are itching to prove how good you are at building a NBA team the great $20 fantasy goon league is up:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835539&pagenumber=1#post477401474

I like this but I only have enough energy for one league at a time because I'm an autistic obsessive.

Note to that guy who everyone was posting nba 101 stuff at a day or two ago: fantasy basketball is a decent way of learning quickly about drat near every relevant player in the league. And also a lot of sad, non relevant ones that you stream in desperation.

Or it was for me, anyways because I'm a huge loving nerd.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Who has looked better in preseason than last year/what did they potentially change with their game? Harrison Barnes looks like he might be better at creating contact on drives. Dwight Powell may no longer be bad at shooting 3s. (I don't believe it.) Not much else really jumped out at me from Mavs that were on the team last year.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Shout out to rabidsquid a great poster who doesn't get the shine that some of the posting cabal of citizens of the island of St. Croix

Rick posted:

This is pretty cool, albeit a sign of how bad the Pacers are.

Isn't this kind of what is happening in Detroit now (getting gentrified now because of "IT'S REALLY CHEAP AND NOT THE MURDER CAPITAL NOW EVERYONE")? I'll admit I looked for jobs in the area post college but decided that I couldn't actually take the snow, and, also was not offered any jobs.

The gentrification was a slow trickle, but once they got an emergency manager and broke all the public sector unions and pension obligations, there was an absolute torrent of capital. It's the model!

Ammanas posted:

Are you saying the murder epidemic in Chicago (or "Chiraq") is an #illuminati method to break free of public pension obligations

Chicago is following what the New York did in applying a rand corp model to withdraw public services from poor areas and being shocked when they turned to ruin. https://citylimits.org/2010/06/04/reviews-a-city-on-fire/

Obama got to be a senator essentially because he made chicago real estate people even richer, by getting black people to move out of their homes on the south side, so that luxury condos could be built. But there aren't enough Obamas for everywhere.

You can say it's purposeful, you can say it's a sorrowful accident, but the outcome is the same. But I would argue there is agency behind most civic tragedies, and it's not the innate demonism of the poor.

But to get back to basqet, Bucks are #Pursuing Rico Jefferson. They need the shooting and a guy to fill in while Jabouri is hurt and Mirza is the de facto 4.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Well now you know never to joke around with humor in here

I don't even know how to parse this. Will someone help an old man out here.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

I don't even know how to parse this. Will someone help an old man out here.

Hahah I was just joking about how everyone was piling on Brolander's joke, nothing important my man.

Fantasy Draft tonight... I'm nervous.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
It begins.

https://twitter.com/JCameratoNBCS/status/919587441459318784

Jk he's probably fine, Brett Brown said he should play Weds

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

It begins.

https://twitter.com/JCameratoNBCS/status/919587441459318784

Jk he's probably fine, Brett Brown said he should play Weds

Yeah he's gonna practice tomorrow too.

Also

https://twitter.com/JCameratoNBCS/status/919590464675868674

Which makes sense. Hopefully he figures out how to lift his arm up and can stop shooting like midget rear end Shawn Marion

Jota fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 15, 2017

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
you all realize i posted an article about milwaukee being segregated like last page ago right. this is some sort of high level trolling where you say the things i said back to me in an explainy voice

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
It's so weird thinking of Philly as a place where they might not start their rookies cause the rotation has filled up/they're looking to win now. Starting SG JJ Redick is gonna give me so many double takes.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Papercut posted:

Having been robbed in the past doesn't given them a reason to be racist.

thats definitely what i said, and i definitely meant robbed any time in the distant past instead of recently which might put them on edge

Brolander fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

CRISPYBABY posted:

It's so weird thinking of Philly as a place where they might not start their rookies cause the rotation has filled up/they're looking to win now. Starting SG JJ Redick is gonna give me so many double takes.

They're starting another rookie at point and Fultz probably would be starting if he wasn't hurt/shooting terribly so they're still a ways off but yeah it's strange actually expecting them to win a playoff-worthy amount

• Locked thread