Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

"kinetic insurgency" is a really good euphemism for terroism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does weev want an online thing where teens use racial slurs in Counterstrike and that gets him his revenge, or does he want nazis marching around? The two seem mutually exclusive and he bounces between them whenever he’s talking about Spencer.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Death Ray posted:

Speaking of which, I wrote this open letter to Chuck Dixon regarding his participation in Alt-Hero.

I never would have guessed the man was a literal white supremacist.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Some Dem will probably make a campaign ad out of this for their losing 2018 campaign.

MaxxBot has issued a correction as of 20:34 on Oct 14, 2017

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Didn't Cantwell get a $200 fine? That is much worse than being a fugitive for the rest of your life.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

"What are, decisions that age poorly, Alex?"

Immortalize 2017 on my back, please

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

business hammocks posted:

Does weev want an online thing where teens use racial slurs in Counterstrike and that gets him his revenge, or does he want nazis marching around? The two seem mutually exclusive and he bounces between them whenever he’s talking about Spencer.

He wants to appear to desire the former while actually wanting the latter.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Sir Tonk posted:

these people are so online that its painful to watch

we need to turn off the internet before all of society eats itself
Too late

JFC at least Macklemore beat out his protest song like the day after trump won

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/CIAGoFundMe/status/919211491349409793

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Light Side James/Dark Side James

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Light Side James/Dark Side James

Alliance James/Horde James.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Even in the video about having no friends he’s the most insufferable sort of creep. Actual line: “who needs friends when you have Westworld?”

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Even in the video about having no friends he’s the most insufferable sort of creep. Actual line: “who needs friends when you have Westworld?”

Sound like the kind of person who is gonna get killed in the coming sexbot revolution

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lot to unpack there.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

KomradeX posted:

Do people not know how to google, how to make a torch that every has to use tiki torches

suburbanites are useless fuckboys that cant do poo poo without stuff they bought at walmart

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Ague Proof posted:

Alliance James/Horde James.

Angle James/Devil James

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/919426347008749568

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Sir Tonk posted:

if we had shut down 4chan before /pol/ got rolling, would this still have happened?
if shutting down 4chan before 2008 would have somehow through some crazy insane version of the butterfly effect prevented the economic crash, then sure

Sir Tonk posted:

need to send a few hundred SHARPs down to silicon valley to beat the gently caress out of all these assholes every day, they're so insulated by their wealth and weirdo internet friends that you end up with people like zuck doing this surreal tour of the hoi polloi.

either that or go back in time and stop ayn rand after she released we the living
that would get you both dead and in jail so fast that it would break the rules of causality

Slow-Scan Shep has issued a correction as of 07:41 on Oct 15, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You only need three ingredients to mix a toxic brew of white supremacy: 1) expectation of anonymity, 2) complete lack of moderation, 3) antisocials obsessed with their own personal tastes

If it wasn't 4chan it would be some other poo poo.

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Yes.

My feeling is that doxxing is a double-edged sword because it is a great deterrent, but these people putting all their Nazi poo poo on social media are also a great resource to figure out who *their* friends are, since many do take efforts to hide their identities. But even if they've tried to be as anonymous as possible, they're still mostly all in the same social club so you can find patterns and connections.
In recent years I've come to believe that nothing that you can inflict on someone online is impossible to come back from. However horrible you are, you can always find roughly two dozen people who will have your back, which is more than enough to stop you from not being able to sleep at night.

Modern social media is great at helping even the most low-level of twerps manage this, which is part of what makes it so evil.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You only need three ingredients to mix a toxic brew of white supremacy: 1) expectation of anonymity, 2) complete lack of moderation, 3) antisocials obsessed with their own personal tastes

If it wasn't 4chan it would be some other poo poo.
you forgot economic threats to the petit-bourgeoismiddle class, the group that fascism draws most of it's manpower from. there is no dispute that /pol/ and friends were really bad before 2008, but they weren't actually contagious until poo poo really hit the fan

Slow-Scan Shep has issued a correction as of 18:25 on Oct 15, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/not_rumeru/status/919436024736075776

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

I don't think this comic would convince a single person of a single thing, in any political stance, at all.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/14/opinion/sunday/milo-yiannopoulos-white-nationalism.html

good piece in the times about the buzzfeed story on milo and bannon

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/opinion/sunday/white-nationalism-threat-islam-america.html

also one on white nationalism and the west

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Jinnigan posted:

I don't think this comic would convince a single person of a single thing, in any political stance, at all.

I dont care, RED pandas are the vanguard of the anti-fascist movement.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCjsUxbNmIs&t=101s

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 17:25 on Oct 15, 2017

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

“When this thing hits 1488 you’re going to see some serious poo poo!”

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
libertarianism and the jewish question, by shmorky’s ex

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

libertarianism and the jewish question, by shmorky’s ex

i think the fact that theyre basically libertarians beyond the "we must destroy degenerate culture" stuff is what makes our nazis particularly stupid and ineffectual

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The Alt-Right: Nazi LARPing Hurts The Right-Wing Cause

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

I dont care, RED pandas are the vanguard of the anti-fascist movement.

They're not even real pandas, they're basically raccoons.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Mantis42 posted:

They're not even real pandas, they're basically raccoons.

they're still good

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

gently caress you don't doxx me

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

the overall feeling ive been getting from seeing all the nazi online chatter is that their movement is hosed, but they will continue to be a danger and annoyance for a long time

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lmao

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/919610718273519616

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

are the proud boys still around? I haven’t heard about them since Charlottesville. I guess literal nazis adopting their dress code and terminology kind of made it tough for them to keep up a public profile. Also Jason Kessler filmed himself being initiated into the Virginia chapter, which is probably rough for them.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
yeah i dunno. i heard gavin was trying to rebrand them as a drinking "fraternity" like oddfellows; basically pulling them off the streets. there was also a statement against racism from the proud boys website. i don't know if all the proud boys got that message though

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

yeah i dunno. i heard gavin was trying to rebrand them as a drinking "fraternity" like oddfellows; basically pulling them off the streets. there was also a statement against racism from the proud boys website. i don't know if all the proud boys got that message though

Too busy not wiping their asses, no doubt.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

so what is the point of the proudboys then, just no masturbation and trying to awkwardly bond around that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Office Pig posted:

so what is the point of the proudboys then, just no masturbation and trying to awkwardly bond around that?

It's what happens when MRAs go full white supremacist.