Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I also have a Bowbreaker Kagero that I made when Takumi was the meta at launch, but she can't reliably tank a Blyn if Blyn has any attack buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Bowbreaker Leon, huh. I like the sound of that. What's your build for him? I could spend my next 20k feathers on promoting him after I give gronnraven+ to inigo.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Slaying Bow+
Def+3
Bowbreaker
Bonfire
He has a +DEF/-SPD nature. I use Bonfire in the PvP build because it ensures a reactive kill regardless of what buffs BLyn has.

BLyn attacks
Leon survives, swings back twice, second swing procs Bonfire.

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 15, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Hm, actually, running it through a damage calculator, Leon doesn't need Bonfire to secure a kill, even against a +10 Defense Lyn. Maybe I should switch to Ignis so when his turn activates he's fully charged and ready to murder.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I put Close Counter on my Leon but that might be a fun alt-build

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I put close counter on brave lyn

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

gonna have to switch out hana next week rip t20

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

gonna have to switch out hana next week rip t20

Why?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the lineup next week w/ the bonus hero slots in with my sanaki

i will have no merges on that team and you need at least a score of 4900+ to stay in t20. hana was the only reason i got that, haha

its no big deal not like its a super huge deal, 695-710 score is p. stressful anyway

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

the lineup next week w/ the bonus hero slots in with my sanaki

i will have no merges on that team and you need at least a score of 4900+ to stay in t20. hana was the only reason i got that, haha

its no big deal not like its a super huge deal, 695-710 score is p. stressful anyway

Wait, why Sanaki? Next week should be Sharena/Virion/Cecilia as the guaranteed bonus heroes. I don't see why Hana doesn't with those.

I'm definitely dropping tier20 next week too since I can't run my merged Sophia like this season.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Wait how do people know the bonus units?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Senerio posted:

The F2P units are on rotation.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh okay. I never paid attention because I tend to have at least one of them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Senerio posted:

The rotation goes

Sophia/Gunter/Alfonse (this week)
Virion/Cecilia/Sharena
Hana/Felicia/Anna
Subaki/Wrys/Alfonse
Donnel/Olivia/Sharena
Stahl/Lissa/anna

My next semi-project is going to be merging Hana/Felicia for arena. I already have plenty of extra copies of Hana and a brave sword+ to give her too. I'm just limited by feathers.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 15, 2017

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Andrast posted:

Wait, why Sanaki? Next week should be Sharena/Virion/Cecilia as the guaranteed bonus heroes. I don't see why Hana doesn't with those.

I'm definitely dropping tier20 next week too since I can't run my merged Sophia like this season.

its hard to explain. my sharena is only 4* and has no repo so my typical "use hana to kill everything" strat falls flat unless she can be pulled to safety. it just none of my units have it

sanaki can be bladed with axura's buff to a good amount and can work independently of a blue unit. it also means i lose delthea too but she was only ever helping hana out anyway.

im gonna miss it. one shotting blue units was fun as gently caress

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So Virion is gonna be a bonus unit again next week?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Senerio posted:

So Virion is gonna be a bonus unit again next week?

If the rotation holds, yes. It's pretty weird that he's a bonus unit this season too.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

At least staying in tier 20 isn't a big deal. It's just an extra 1000 feathers every other week.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah I cycle between 17 and 19 myself because I can’t be arsed to do anything beyond “score 4000” in the arena.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I bounce between 19 and 20 on alternating weeks.

It's only this season I managed to stay in tier20 for the first time thanks to me completing my +10 Est. +10 Est, +10 Cherche and a +8 Sophia (only TA2 and QR2 instead of max level skills) were enough to get me there. Dropping Sophia is definitely going to drop me to tier 19 again.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

My +1 Nino just solo'd a team of Inigo + Reinhardt + Bow Lyn + Bow Lyn

also that person also likely leads a loveless life

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

the type of person to minmax their morgan with multigenerational eugenics, smh

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
god drat squad assault is terrible whale poo poo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

god drat squad assault is terrible whale poo poo

You really don't need to be a whale to do well in squad assault.

If Bow Lyn wasn't such a common unit it would my favorite thing in the game by far.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
squad assault not arena assault :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

squad assault not arena assault :v:

Oops.

Well, you don't need to be a whale to well in squad assault either. If you have a roster than can do arena assault reliably, chances are you can do squad assault too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Which squad assault, there's guides to beating them all with 4 star units with no SI.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Ostentatious posted:

Inigo and bow lyn are incredibly cute and cool respectively

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I wanna roll the Threaten spd banner because I'm two shannas away from 4+10

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You will get your Shannas tomorrow from rolling for Tailtiu

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I wanna roll the Threaten spd banner because I'm two shannas away from 4+10

She's a 3-4* unit so you will get them at some point. 4* merging is a patient man's game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tae posted:

Which squad assault, there's guides to beating them all with 4 star units with no SI.

2-4 is giving me a hell of a lot of trouble, if it isn't camus then it's michalis but lol i can't even do camus with TA fae

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

2-4 is giving me a hell of a lot of trouble, if it isn't camus then it's michalis but lol i can't even do camus with TA fae

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDmwuTI1nkc&t=566s

I found that one easy. Have a Blue mage with enough speed to double the red mage or QR to kill it and the rest is easy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

Do you have anybody with an emerald axe? They'll take out the the flier and Camus if you have someone to kill the red tome early, and then a sufficiently strong red should take out Michalis.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
^ i have narcian but i've been using various TA greens but eventually camus just comes up on me and i die

i guess i'm just frustrated because i've spent like 300 fuckin stamina on this poo poo and it's been walling me for two days

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

2-5 was the one that messed me up. Not great at defence maps.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yeah after all that stamina i haven't even seen 2-5 so uh i wouldn't know yet

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Tae posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDmwuTI1nkc&t=566s

I found that one easy. Have a Blue mage with enough speed to double the red mage or QR to kill it and the rest is easy.

Not even watching that video, but the sprite sharena with feh in the corner of the still is just :3:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The White Dragon posted:

^ i have narcian but i've been using various TA greens but eventually camus just comes up on me and i die

i guess i'm just frustrated because i've spent like 300 fuckin stamina on this poo poo and it's been walling me for two days

My build for that map was Brave Lyn, axzura, effie and brave Ike.

Ike and Lyn on the left, do nothing turn 1 except destroy rock on right with azura. Camus and red mage funnel to the left of the map.

Turn 2, move Lynn to the Centre bottom underneath the destroyed rock tile. Move Ike right two tiles to below the forest tile.

Turn 3 the first flier arrives. Move lyn to the right of the same forest tile that Ike is under. Flier Dies to Lyn with out azura. Ike moves one tile to the right. He should now be under Lyn.

Michalis arrives, and red mage arrives. Red mage dies to counter kill from Lyn. Lyn kills Michalis with dance from Azura.

Ike moves one tile left to block Camus.

Turn 4, Camus arrives. Stalemate between him and Ike. He dies to danced Lyn.

I had a lot of trouble with that map of you couldn't tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

don't need to double when you can just one shot