Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

2.50 to 38 in 1 month is an impressive goddamn squeeze, no mater how you look at it

surprised it finally started to drop? no obv not lol just happy its finally here and the INSANITY is over :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Risky Bisquick posted:

Is anyone surprised at HMNY? I mean really now.
I'm surprised the CEO managed to sell basically at the top yesterday.

And by surprised I mean :tinfoil:

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm surprised the CEO managed to sell basically at the top yesterday.

And by surprised I mean :tinfoil:

SEC filing incoming :mmmhmm:

actually I am rly surprised they ahven't done a Raise on this run at all :raise: maybe after today's red candle, it coming. maybe tomrorow morning which would be super funny :leaks:

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Volkswagen was briefly the highest valued company on the world after an epic shirt squeeze. It's just one of those things. You know it will go down, and you know its overvalued, but you also know that there's a chance to make a lot of money, so you hold.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
DRYS had an epic, Icarian rise shortly after last year's presidential election.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

quote:

WEED.TO
Buy 700 @ 12.30 Limit
October 06, 2017 at 11:09 AM EST

WEED.TO
Sell 700 @ 13.00 Limit
October 13, 2017 at 09:32 AM EST

:350: Bought back in too, this thing should yo-yo trending up imo.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

California wildfires :tif:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

freezepops
Aug 21, 2007
witty title not included
Fun Shoe
I can’t believe the California utilities commission would fine a power company for having a downed power line. What the hell do they expect? That all distribution is buried at 10x the cost?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

freezepops posted:

I can’t believe the California utilities commission would fine a power company for having a downed power line. What the hell do they expect? That all distribution is buried at 10x the cost?

To keep up with their tree trimming at a minimum, which they have failed to do multiple times in the past and been fined for.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yes. It's likely that once again PG&E failed to maintain their lines, and downed lines probably are responsible for at least the napa county and santa rosa fires, which have killed a whole bunch of people. And folks around here still remember the san bruno gas explosion, which they were also at fault for due to failing to maintain their infrastructure.

The big fines they got hit with for failing to trim trees around a transmission line were explicitly taken from PG&E profits, too: they were not permitted to add to customer rates to pay for them. So that's another precedent that should scare shareholders.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

Risky Bisquick posted:

:350: Bought back in too, this thing should yo-yo trending up imo.

Happened to make a :420: portfolio on a long flight, gonna try to buy this over 30 days:
code:
Symbol    Description                      Last        Volume    Units    Value     Market Cap
TWMJF    CANOPY GROWTH CORP COM            $10.3100     581164     100    $1,031    $1,721,000,000
ACBFF    AURORA CANNABIS INC COM            $2.3370     730853     500    $1,169      $868,000,000
APHQF    APHRIA INC COM                     $6.2148     490924     300    $1,864      $862,000,000
MEDFF    MEDRELEAF CORP COM                 $8.8980     221052     100      $890      $808,000,000
OGRMF    ORGANIGRAM HLDGS INC COM           $2.3500     138362     800    $1,880      $241,000,000
SPRWF    SUPREME PHARMACEUTICALS INC COM    $1.2700     111703     700      $889      $224,000,000
EMMBF    EMBLEM CORP COM                    $1.5600      82573     500      $780      $214,000,000
TRTC     TERRA TECH CORP COM                $0.2080    2010306    4000      $832      $134,000,000
IVITF    INVICTUS MD STRATEGIES CORP COM    $0.9690      41449     500      $485       $78,000,000
                                                                          $9,819    $5,150,000,000
I think I might get rid of TRTC and IVITF because of margin requirements though. I'm long APHQF and OGRMF already.

dougdrums fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 14, 2017

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

dougdrums posted:

Happened to make a :420: portfolio on a long flight, gonna try to buy this over 30 days:
code:
Symbol    Description                      Last        Volume    Units    Value     Market Cap
TWMJF    CANOPY GROWTH CORP COM            $10.3100     581164     100    $1,031    $1,721,000,000
ACBFF    AURORA CANNABIS INC COM            $2.3370     730853     500    $1,169      $868,000,000
APHQF    APHRIA INC COM                     $6.2148     490924     300    $1,864      $862,000,000
MEDFF    MEDRELEAF CORP COM                 $8.8980     221052     100      $890      $808,000,000
OGRMF    ORGANIGRAM HLDGS INC COM           $2.3500     138362     800    $1,880      $241,000,000
SPRWF    SUPREME PHARMACEUTICALS INC COM    $1.2700     111703     700      $889      $224,000,000
EMMBF    EMBLEM CORP COM                    $1.5600      82573     500      $780      $214,000,000
TRTC     TERRA TECH CORP COM                $0.2080    2010306    4000      $832      $134,000,000
IVITF    INVICTUS MD STRATEGIES CORP COM    $0.9690      41449     500      $485       $78,000,000
                                                                          $9,819    $5,150,000,000
I think I might get rid of TRTC and IVITF because of margin requirements though. I'm long APHQF and OGRMF already.

Why not just hold HMMJ in that case, seems like a lot of fees to buy/sell the sector. Honestly I'd personally only do TWMJF,ACBFF,MEDFF

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I can't from TD Ameritrade in the US, as far as I understand. The goal was to pretty much use the top three to gamble on the rest. I think APHQF is the least risky out of that selection. OGRMF, SPRWF, EMMBF seem to be going for general recreational sales on a large scale, without any sort of gimmicks to waste money on (well maybe EMMBF but the goal is the same). TRTC also but for the US, if they don't run out of money before it happens. The ones you mention are firmly established for their domain, TWMJF being firmly established in general. IVITF is a gamble but they sell consumable industry products.

Actually it did not occur to me that SMG owns General Hydroponics and stuff until I looked at HMMJ's holdings. Heck I've used GH stuff for things that aren't hydroponics. I might just chop off the last 3 and get SMG.

dougdrums fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 14, 2017

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'll probably open a position on PCG if the price falls further...

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
I work with PG&E as an industrial level customer of both NG and electricity. In my experience they are an unwieldy behemoth with very poor coordination between their numerous groups. They frequently make mistakes or oversights in their maintenance work but are usually saved by built-in redundancies or engineering protections but sometimes they manage to even gently caress up the backups, see the Valero refinery incident a few months ago. They are regulated seven ways to Sunday and are just barely keeping up with their NERC requirements. They have thousands of miles of power lines and buried high pressure NG pipes, I can't imagine the expense that would be required to appropriately PM their entire network not to mention the risk exposure to something being missed leading to high impact consequences (such as San Bruno or potentially these fires).

I know this is the gambling thread and no one here is long anything. I have no idea if PG&E's stock price is appropriately valued but as a customer we see them as an unreliable partner and I'd personally look at other utilities if I wanted to go long.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Ultimately though, I think that's true of almost every large company.

I work for a pretty highly regarded large company and the public perception is pretty far from the truth. I'll read articles gushing about genius management, and the super secret alien technology we definitely must have, and...well not really. Like there's smart people and cool poo poo, but it's a bureaucratic mess and we're all surprised on a regular basis that we're able to make functioning products. And it's the same with everyone we work with/for, if not worse. I interned at a utility company, and holy moly that was a mess.

That's not a knock on any specific company, I just think that large numbers of people and the layers of complexities that build over time are impossible to manage efficiently. Complexities ranging from processes to technology being used, to just simply personalities and entrenched self interest.

The new generation of tech companies like Google and Facebook will be a mess eventually too, if they aren't already. Anyway, you might be right about them in particular, if they're bad even on the scale of large companies, but I always just try to remember that basically everything is a loving mess everywhere and it's a wonder that anything works at all.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
I think you're absolutely right. I meant to emphasize in my post that I think PG&E being disfunctional leaves them exposed to causing real external damage rather than missing a shipment on an order of widgets. I guess that's countered by a state-guaranteed profit.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I don't understand why PG&E doesn't just change their ticker to PGE. It's available!

KaiserKarl
Dec 31, 2006

vaginal facsimile posted:

I'll probably open a position on PCG if the price falls further...

Right there with you. Figure the dividend can hold me over mid-term if I catch the blade and not the handle on a swing...

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

paternity suitor posted:

The new generation of tech companies like Google and Facebook will be a mess eventually too, if they aren't already. Anyway, you might be right about them in particular, if they're bad even on the scale of large companies, but I always just try to remember that basically everything is a loving mess everywhere and it's a wonder that anything works at all.

Google is infamous for throwing absurd amounts of money into bullshit. However investors don't care because their core business revenue growth and profitability completely obscures any waste and inefficiency.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

So I checked my mail yesterday and found a solicitation to take an unsecured personal loan at credit card rates directly from Goldman Sachs. This feels like a signal to short the entire global economy but I can't articulate why

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Woah a bank offering loans? Short it all we're headed for Armageddon

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

take the loan and invest it all in GBTC

orange sky
May 7, 2007

D. Ebdrup posted:

So... Endless Septemper isn't over yet:
Something "big enough that you may have to replace all your access points", which will be covered in a paper entitled "Key Reinstallation Attacks: Forcing Nonce Reuse in WPA2", and which is related to the problems with 4-way handshake that was demonstrated at DEFCON using a man-in-the-middle attack against a OpenBSD client is about to be released in less than 24 hours, so keep an eye out for CVE-2017-13077, 13078, 13079, 13080, 13081, 13082, 13084, 13086, 13087, 13088.

From the infosec thread, so.. do with this information what you will

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't know what any of that means, but it doesn't good.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Basically the protocol used to protect 90% of all Wi-Fi connections in the world has a flaw in its basic design (the first time two devices talk to each other they perform a handshake that lets each other know "who it is" and other parameters).

E: its more like 60% but still

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
CARG probably going to explode today I took meager profits Friday.

Also who doesn't segregate the wifi connection from the wired network. (Besides equifax)

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

CARG probably going to explode today I took meager profits Friday.

Also who doesn't segregate the wifi connection from the wired network. (Besides equifax)
It hasn't so far. Are you going to buy back in?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Josh Lyman posted:

It hasn't so far. Are you going to buy back in?

After lock up period ends.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

That's a long 180 days. Think of all the gains you'd be missing!
Naturally it was up 12% today and none of that was due to overnight gains. Could've bought in anytime before 10:30am.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 17, 2017

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
PCG tanking again. While I would argue it is cheap, I don't trust the State of California to go not nuts with this whole situation, so who knows.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I feel like im married to PRPO now.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

fps_bill posted:

I feel like im married to PRPO now.

My DD consists of nothing more than a glance at PRPO's Yahoo Finance listing. $16 million market cap. How do you manage to walk with those giant balls?

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

They shrunk quite a bit over the last couple days.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

NFLX beats on top line, bottom line, subs, forecast.

And it's up 1.7% after hours.

(I did not buy options)

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Transenterix (TRXC) made like 97% yesterday, due to FDA approval of their surgery robot. I keep reading that the CEO went buying a lot of shares before. So if I see insider buying on Finviz, I suppose it's time for DD on the company?

--edit: Jesus Christ, that one's also shooting high.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 17, 2017

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
We've been on a two month run, anyone else just collecting premium waiting to buy in on a decent downward move?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Is NFLX overvalued? I don't get why its worth so much.

tminz
Jul 1, 2004

vaginal facsimile posted:

Is NFLX overvalued? I don't get why its worth so much.

100 million+ subscribers worldwide, more subscribers in the US than all the large cable TV providers combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I tired to cancel netflix because the content is garbage and I got yelled at by my wife and daughter because of Fuller House. I did not cancel it and they are now spreading the series out over two releases so I can't even make them watch it all and cancel it for 5 months. At least with HBO I can get in a whole season of all the shows in one month and cancel it right from my amazon video screen.