Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I hit lvl 99 and have been trying to get to lvl 100 and lately I've been logging on, grinding for 3 hours, and then going to bed. Save me from this hell I'm at 17% and haven't died yet. Also I refuse to ever party with another player and I'm not going to buy 100 Beachheads so I'm just running normal maps.

Also it's worth pointing out that the grind to lvl 100 generates an obscene amount of currency if you do it the normal way (not Beachhead rotations). I hit 98 with CurrencyCop telling me I had around 9000 chaos equiv in my stash, went up past 16000, bought a Headhunter, and I'm back at around 12000 after 6 hours of mapping with Headhunter. It's basically impossible to not get rich enough to buy anything you want if you're going for 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
So you're saying is, if you play a lot you get lots of currency?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

silvergoose posted:

Yeah I'm including diamond flasks, and yeah obviously since my gear is not ready and I'm missing some key passives still, my crit chance isn't high enough.

I'm at 4 frenzy charge max right now, which is great for whenever I'm killing poo poo with blood rage up, but just is fizzling single target. I'll work on gear, and of course just getting more levels.

Mathil's build suggests using frenzy as a single target buffer so you always have access to frenzy charges.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Mr. Despair posted:

Isn't there a limit cap to the number of zombies/srs/aw you can have up? It'd be what, 10+20+50 if you manage to max things out?

Basically I'm just warning you that they already put an end to AW crashing poo poo back in 2.6.

Dominating blow reanimates dead enemies, they're not considered zombies, and afaik there is no cap on dominated mobs.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
The warchief totem gets crits.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Maddot_66 posted:

Mathil's build suggests using frenzy as a single target buffer so you always have access to frenzy charges.

also please use a weaponswap quillrain for this

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Took down shaper for the first time ever!
Thanks for all the advice! Time to run a million (more) alts.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Grats on the flask drop, too.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

silvergoose posted:

Hm, okay. I've been finding myself running out of frenzy charges real quick when I don't kill anything, so it's been flicker flicker nnnnnngh wait two seconds flicker flicker, which isn't great.

I'll add in the totem, I guess. I suspect getting some more gear on me will be good, gotta hit 63 for my daresso's defiance, and get an abyssus, and so on.

Build around and oros or terminus est

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

So I just found this wand in a Tier 10 map and I have no idea if it's valuable/how valuable it is, or how/if I should go about crafting to make it better.

Any suggestions?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
It's definitely valuable, multiple ex. I'll let someone with more wander experience tell you exactly what to do with it though.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I don't think it's actually that valuable, it's a bad base and phys wanders aren't that popular compared to ele

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
The truth is in the middle. It's a very good roll on a less than desirable base. There are wander builds that prefer slower attack speed bases, but they are less common.

If you want to sell it, find similar on poe.trade and then way overprice it to start, dropping the price every day or every few hours, depending on how much you play.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
also craft asp on it so it shows up when you search for 300+ phys dps

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

ZenVulgarity posted:

Build around and oros or terminus est

...yes I'm playing terminus est. It's the sustain against bosses I'm having issues with.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
You need insane crit chance and enough mana leech. Also be aware that your cursor position often affects the direction you flicker in.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

George posted:

You need insane crit chance and enough mana leech. Also be aware that your cursor position often affects the direction you flicker in.

Yup! I need to get a few more crit passives, and replace a couple more pieces of gear.

Yeah I think I kinda noticed the direction thing, but not consciously...is there a way to make that help vs bosses?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

George posted:

Speaking of that, is there a high-visibility mouse cursor mod out there? It's easy to lose that drab little gray thing in the psychedelic menagerie.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Overwined posted:

Speaking of that, is there a high-visibility mouse cursor mod out there? It's easy to lose that drab little gray thing in the psychedelic menagerie.

I was having the same problem and after some searching found a program called Yolomouse that lets you customize your cursor. I just use one of the default pink colors that comes with it, very high visibility for sure. 3rd party software so use at your own caution I guess but I haven't had any problems with it.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Indecisive posted:

I was having the same problem and after some searching found a program called Yolomouse that lets you customize your cursor. I just use one of the default pink colors that comes with it, very high visibility for sure. 3rd party software so use at your own caution I guess but I haven't had any problems with it.

That's awesome. After a thorough anti-virus scan I'll try that out! Thanks.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
edit rip

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Big Mad Drongo posted:

So I just found this wand in a Tier 10 map and I have no idea if it's valuable/how valuable it is, or how/if I should go about crafting to make it better.

Any suggestions?

vaal power siphon could use that but thats about it I think.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Huh, ~200k dot dps on shaper goes a long fuckin way when you have basically 100% uptime compared to other builds. Still slow, but utterly safe and relatively easy.

This lowlife ED Scion thing might be my favorite build this league, and I'd imagine a life or CI version would be a good league starter too. Neat.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Indecisive posted:

I use the same, highly recommend it. Also I double checked at one point and GGG has no problem with it (don't see why they would since it's client side, but still).

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Ciaphas posted:

Huh, ~200k dot dps on shaper goes a long fuckin way when you have basically 100% uptime compared to other builds. Still slow, but utterly safe and relatively easy.

This lowlife ED Scion thing might be my favorite build this league, and I'd imagine a life or CI version would be a good league starter too. Neat.

Yeah this is my attitude as tanky guardian RF guy. I don't care that guardians take me 2 min to kill, it's an ok time even with ugly mods (except phoenix :rip:)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yeah I tried doing phoenix once as RF, bad idea as it turns out

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I use it the first half then turn it off and get serious with scorching ray to get my flasks back. Orb of storms hitting the adds keeps EO up and puts EE on them which is enough to one shot them with a sweep of SR. once he's below 20 and my flasks are back I pop everything and use my vaal disc.

If I used ROTP i could do it easy without turning off RF but I CBA to figure out changing my auras for not using prism guardian

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Lightning Coil finally getting 3D art (about 4 leagues too late); Tabula getting a refresh.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
I found phoenix ok as rf even if it was slow. Chimera with vulnerability on the other hand :rip:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

whypick1 posted:

Lightning Coil finally getting 3D art (about 4 leagues too late); Tabula getting a refresh.

Hell yeah frog armor getting 3d art already

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yriels looks nice. do we call tabulas togas instead of tshirts now?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hyped for the frog.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

is Cloak viable now? What builds use it and why is it 110c on hardcore? Or is it just someone trying to price fix or something?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Wezlar posted:

is Cloak viable now? What builds use it and why is it 110c on hardcore? Or is it just someone trying to price fix or something?

Cloak of Defiance? It's always been viable but since ES has been nerfed MoM + Life is the easiest/cheapest way to make a super tanky Templar/Witch/Shadow/Scion.
Actually with a 110c price tag you could probably build an equivalently tanky ES character, but I assume it's still the cheapest on HSC.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
so an exalt just dropped in act 5; what should i go buy with it?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

That's pretty vague, what build are you / what do you need? If you're just starting out it's probably best to convert it to chaos and get some smaller stuff, maybe a tabula that you can use for multiple characters

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Count Uvula posted:

Cloak of Defiance? It's always been viable but since ES has been nerfed MoM + Life is the easiest/cheapest way to make a super tanky Templar/Witch/Shadow/Scion.
Actually with a 110c price tag you could probably build an equivalently tanky ES character, but I assume it's still the cheapest on HSC.

I am just assuming people are price fixing because its 4c on SC and for some reason it's more expensive than Belly on HC

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
edit: scratch that, first person to respond to me gets some goodies on Harbinger League if they can get on right now.

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 16, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I don't have any real clue when an ES item is 'good' or 'bad'. Can anyone recommend what to upgrade next for my LL ED Scion, CiaphasIsVerySick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Sorry DBK, I am the worst lab scammer