Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
I was always more into Darkstalkers and Samurai Shodown back in the days of actually playing fighting games in the arcades of my youth. Street Fighter Alpha series will always be the true Street Fighter in my heart, but I really did appreciate 3rd Strike when it came out for actually feeling different than Street Fighter 2 Plus Turbo Double Mega Chartreuse Edition.

If I had a point in posting this, I forgot it. Now i'm just thinking about how much nostalgic love I have for Samurai Shodown 2 and 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alpha 2 is probably my favorite SF game. I want a new alpha game but it would be awful

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sfv has been in beta for 2 years

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
look sfv sucks and all but you cant just retroactively say sf2's cast was "bad, actually"

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
https://youtu.be/xGF4oermhCM

Bit late on BBTAG chat but the RWBY characters will have Japanese voiceovers too.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Captain Baal posted:

Idk what's more upsetting the fact that they made an American person pronounce Blazblue the way the Japanese do or that they thought anyone was killing themselves over Guy's master being playable in SFV

What's with their obsession for adding more and more peripheral Final Fight characters, but not Haggar

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

The GIG posted:

Bit late on BBTAG chat but the RWBY characters will have Japanese voiceovers too.

Good to hear she sounds as goofy and out of places as her english VA.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Brother Entropy posted:

i love all the street fighters and the street fighters are all my friends

except necro

I think the SFV new characters are kind of bad

And that's not because I don't like new things, I think the SF4 characters were pretty good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The GIG posted:

This is cool, but it's also pretty funny

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
simplest explanation is most likely true:

sfv is a dogshit game from a dogshit company

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Ageist Reflector

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

The GIG posted:

thank loving god.

maybe this means we'll get English VAs for the rest of the cast as well. Or at least English Ragna.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

burger time posted:

Ageist Reflector

Is that what happens when you mention Urien's grey hair

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Dumb trivia question, I can't remember, which is the character / move that yells NO MORE LIES again?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

CRISPYBABY posted:

Dumb trivia question, I can't remember, which is the character / move that yells NO MORE LIES again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH1rOL5hB9s

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Evil Canadian posted:

Similar does not equal recycled. Every time this complaint comes up its always wrong. Recycled means its the same animation copy and pasted in frame for frame. He's a ninja he's gonna use ninja moves.

And yet somehow when Xrd does it it manages to have different ninja move styles depending on the ninja character.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
not every game can have a business ninja

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Evil Canadian posted:

Similar does not equal recycled. Every time this complaint comes up its always wrong. Recycled means its the same animation copy and pasted in frame for frame. He's a ninja he's gonna use ninja moves.

Except he's got multiple kicks ripped straight from Ibuki.

And also you can have "Punch ninja" and have a variety of moves and styles. See: Guilty gear. Or anything in anime with multiple ninjas.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

samurai shodown has two ninjas that play very differently

and you could say 'galford plays different because he has a dog' and my point is that zeku should have a dog

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's some good ninjas in DOA

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Chev posted:

And yet somehow when Xrd does it it manages to have different ninja move styles depending on the ninja character.

A true ninja is savvy in the ways of duplicity and stealth, often hidden before their victims' very eyes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CharlestonJew posted:

thank loving god.

maybe this means we'll get English VAs for the rest of the cast as well. Or at least English Ragna.

Let Patrick Seitz voice everyone in the game.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

while i am happy that i will be able to turn ruby japanese so she doesn't drive me straight up crazy while playing that game i gotta say ruby not having a voice that is just the worst loving thing ever feels wrong

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

while i am happy that i will be able to turn ruby japanese so she doesn't drive me straight up crazy while playing that game i gotta say ruby not having a voice that is just the worst loving thing ever feels wrong

I can't believe people can watch a show where this character speaks regularly.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Night Blade posted:

I can't believe people can watch a show where this character speaks regularly.

people watching rwby is unbelievable for a lot of reasons really

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Except he's got multiple kicks ripped straight from Ibuki.

And also you can have "Punch ninja" and have a variety of moves and styles. See: Guilty gear. Or anything in anime with multiple ninjas.

I ain't defending that the moves ain't similar, but they still aren't copy/paste.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i actually watched rwby because of this game and it wasn't awful. it wasn't good either, not by any real means. but it did manage to be occasionally entertaining and was never offensively bad. made an excellent thing to leave on in the background while i worked on poo poo

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Evil Canadian posted:

I ain't defending that the moves ain't similar, but they still aren't copy/paste.

you're right they're not literal copy/pasting the animation they made a new one that is technically different but very very very similar. That's what people mean by "copied" a move.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

In Training posted:

There's some good ninjas in DOA

everyone except for zack is a ninja in doa

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There are no bad fighting game ninjas.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There are no bad fighting game ninjas.

[nods ed boon-ishly]

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

brainSnakes posted:

I get that this is seething irony, but Remy is possibly the only thing that could get me to even consider playing sfv after they ruined my pal Vega. He's one of my favorite street fighters.

ill never understand what it is that makes people say they want characters that they actually liked beforehand to be put into sfv. why would anyone want a character they like to be sfv-ified?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Zand posted:

ill never understand what it is that makes people say they want characters that they actually liked beforehand to be put into sfv. why would anyone want a character they like to be sfv-ified?

It worked so well for Alex

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

So is strider part of the street fighter canon now?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He was already hanging out in Alpha so probably.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
if SF5 was good I'd want them to put one of the other Saturday Night Slam Masters in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

The GIG posted:

What a copout