Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nwo hatchet man posted:

Lot of anti-pats saltiness itt

more like a yellow belt in posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chris James 2 posted:

Hey all! I could post about the Ravens but instead I've got a fun fact I'm saving for when the Steelers lose to the Chiefs.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mercury Morris got to celebrate early this year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers won a game in which they led in the 4th quarter, needed a field goal to win, and were playing an AFC west team.

I am stunned

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers won a game in which they led in the 4th quarter, needed a field goal to win, and were playing an AFC west team.

I am stunned

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
PATHETIC!!!

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Chargers went on the road and beat a better (albeit somewhat hobbled) team this week. I wasn't fond of settling for a FG but a win's a win and those have been hard to come back this year. couple of things:

-Henry isn't the future at TE, he's also the present right now. Those two catches he made on the game winning drive basically got the Chargers into position in the first place. He's an excellent receiver who produces constantly when he's included in the game plan, and he's also an excellent blocker. they're well equipped for when Gates retires after this year.

-Gordon had a strong game on the whole. He made some quality plays as a receiver and he essentially put the game away with some hard running to set up that FG. It looked rough on the ground the first 3 quarters but he was solid.

-Rivers snapped out of his funk and had probably his best all around game today, considering the defense he played against. Stood in, made some very tough throws (both of those heaves to Henry were classic Rivers dimes), and unlike the last few games, he protected the ball. That one throw where he tried forcing it to a double-covered Benjamin sucked but he was money the rest of the way.

Overall the team's showing growth and gaining some confidence, which is all I wanted after last year and this season's god-awful start.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
The Steelers are the Chiefs' dad

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

16 offensive snaps without penalty for the Chiefs in that half if I've counted right.

8 of those snaps gained yardage of any sort. 3 would be considered good plays if I were FO (5 yards to Hill on first down in a drive that ended up going nowhere, 9 yards to whoever on the second play of that 2 minute drill, and then Hunt picking up the first down).

The Chiefs had 6 total yards in the first half after you take into account the sacks and negative plays. The Steelers possessed the ball for something like 23 minutes, much of which was running Leveon Bell up the middle for like 8 yards a pop.

They didn't score a lot but other than that, that first half might be the most dominating/pathetic performance depending on your point of view I've ever seen in the NFL that didn't involve a rookie or backup quarterback. Let alone against a team that had been pretty much firing on all cylinders offensively for most of the year.

The Steelers screwing around let the Chiefs back into the game, but KC flat out got their asses handed to them today.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We suck again!

:negative:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Amtonio Brown catching that deflected pass in double coverage while simultaneously setting up the safety coming to demolish him and catching the deflected ball all in one motion is the single most incredible play I have ever seen a football player do. He just delivers every single time it matter most. How can anyone even argue that someone is better than him right now?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I know Arizona is a better scheme for Peterson, but it still astonishes me how many old people do well in that team.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This clown team, I swear

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kawalimus posted:

PATHETIC!!!

any good birds lately?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

All I've been able to conclude this week is that every team sucks? :confused:

Half expecting a Giants win at this point

e: Eagles are cool/good

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 16, 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

nwo hatchet man posted:

That call in the Jets game was correct, it's the rule that's dumb.

Wrong. There was nowhere NEAR conclusive evidence that he didn't regain possession after the ball moved.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yes and also spearing Robby Anderson in the face and the refs were like ‘welp, that was against the Pats so we should probably just pick this blatant flag up’.

This is just your typical run of the mill call in a Jets/Scum game and it COMPLETELY turned the game around. The Jets are up at least 17-0 and probably 21-0 there. I've seen that about a billion times. Same for the guy who smacked McCown in the helmet in front of the ref with no call. If that was a jet on Brady he would've gotten a lifetime ban.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 16, 2017

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
https://twitter.com/Browns/status/919630597877915653

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Amtonio Brown catching that deflected pass in double coverage while simultaneously setting up the safety coming to demolish him and catching the deflected ball all in one motion is the single most incredible play I have ever seen a football player do. He just delivers every single time it matter most. How can anyone even argue that someone is better than him right now?

Anyone got a gif of that play?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh...

https://twitter.com/wingoz/status/919700776745951232

Doesn't feel like it, I guess he did have 75 yards in two plays on that one drive that ended with the not-TD catch.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/deadspin/status/919675572426608641

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ehud posted:

any good birds lately?

Yeah. This fall I've found a Mississippi Kite, Dickcissel, and my first self-found Clay-colored Sparrow. On a team with my buddy we've found a Golden-winged Warbler, a couple Connecticut Warblers and Mourning Warblers, and an Olive-sided Flycatcher. So a pretty productive fall. Today I successfully chased a Sedge Wren.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Hey all! I could post about the Ravens but instead I've got a fun fact I'm saving for when the Steelers lose to the Chiefs.

Can we still have the fun fact?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

any good birds lately?

I was bored at work and read about vultures and condors

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

any good birds lately?

does not compute

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Saints and Lions combined for 8 turnovers and and 4 defensive scores.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

But yeah I was out birding the entire day so I didn't see the Ravens game. And I'm really glad I didn't. They really don't deserve to be watched. John Harbaugh has sucked all the life out of this franchise and they're nothing like the team I became enchanted with 17 years ago. There's no way I would have ever started liking football if this is what the Ravens were like. Shame on you Steve Bisciotti and John Harbaugh. You took a team that was white hot and the area couldn't get enough of and turned them into a lifeless husk that barely anyone gives a poo poo about anymore. gently caress off and die both of you.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

But yeah I was out birding the entire day so I didn't see the Ravens game. And I'm really glad I didn't. They really don't deserve to be watched. John Harbaugh has sucked all the life out of this franchise and they're nothing like the team I became enchanted with 17 years ago. There's no way I would have ever started liking football if this is what the Ravens were like. Shame on you Steve Bisciotti and John Harbaugh. You took a team that was white hot and the area couldn't get enough of and turned them into a lifeless husk that barely anyone gives a poo poo about anymore. gently caress off and die both of you.

He won a loving super bowl dude Jesus Christ

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Sandwich Montoya is starting for Green Bay. Sorry Packer fan.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Blarfk posted:

You're a 2003 reg, DON'T DO THIS YOU KNOW BETTER

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Blarfk posted:

Which makes his obliteration of the team's popularity and appeal all the more damning.

Also, that Superbowl run was almost wasted because Harbaugh refused for years to get rid of Cam Cameron who was wasting the talent on the team. It took a loss to the Redskins and a team civil war to oust Cameron late in the 2012 season and set up the Superbowl run. Most of the players worth a drat absolutely hated Harbaugh. And most of those guys were gone the next year.

For example Boldin wasn't too expensive and we could have kept him even with the Flacco deal, but we just didn't because Harbaugh didn't like him cause he wasn't a fan of his buddy Cameron. Cameron was the first guy to give Harbaugh a job at University of Indiana so Harbaugh was fiercely loyal to "his guy". Just like he's so loyal to Dean Pees now.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 16, 2017

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
There is not enough booze on this goddamn island to make the hurt go away

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Abugadu posted:

There is not enough booze on this goddamn island to make the hurt go away

Yeah it's bad. The Redskins are in a much stronger position now.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Blarfk posted:

Joe Flacco, Anquan Boldin, and somehow Jim Caldwell won the Super Bowl. Harbaugh is dependent on having good coordinators for actual success. I would have argued against that heavily 2 years ago but I'm convinced of it now. Kawalimus is crazy sure but he's not wrong.

e: and an arguable Jimmy Smith PI

e2: and Rahim Moore, bless him

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Jimmy Smith play was a good no-call. Crabtree initiated the contact(I think) and was just as if not more guilty than Smith. They could have called OPI and DPI both and replayed the down but for obv reasons I'm glad of the no-call.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

Which makes his obliteration of the team's popularity and appeal all the more damning.

Also, that Superbowl run was almost wasted because Harbaugh refused for years to get rid of Cam Cameron who was wasting the talent on the team. It took a loss to the Redskins and a team civil war to oust Cameron late in the 2012 season and set up the Superbowl run. Most of the players worth a drat absolutely hated Harbaugh. And most of those guys were gone the next year.

I know misery is kind of your thing, but why even watch football if you’re going to criticize a literal super bowl-winning run because it was kinda close.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Barreft posted:

Anyone got a gif of that play?

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/919699507423543297

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

shirts and skins posted:

Mercury Morris got to celebrate early this year.

Imagine if the helmet catch didn't happen and we'd all be watching Tedy Bruschi celebrating when the last undefeated team lost every season for the rest of our lives.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

mcmagic posted:

This is just your typical run of the mill call in a Jets/Scum game

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Imagine if the helmet catch didn't happen and we'd all be watching Tedy Bruschi celebrating when the last undefeated team lost every season for the rest of our lives.

I just threw up a little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Flacco isn't that good anymore but i'll always love the dude for making GBS threads all over the Broncos on the way to that SB win.

poo poo, doesn't seem like it's been almost five years.

• Locked thread