Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

gently caress, every time I think I have this October's GOTM on lock something comes to shake it up

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/919684333207568385

i want wolfenstein ii so bad but my friends want me to pick up destiny 2 and i can't justify getting both right next to each other this is basically the toughest decision anyone has ever had to make ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

Shitlords are coming out of the woodwork to get mad at Wolfenstein's message of "Nazis are bad".

If twitter was worth a drat, this would be an easy way to get some mass bannings done.

Cowcaster posted:

i want wolfenstein ii so bad but my friends want me to pick up destiny 2 and i can't justify getting both right next to each other this is basically the toughest decision anyone has ever had to make ever

Tell your friends they have bad taste and Destiny 2 is a bad game they will get bored with immediately, based on what I've read/heard.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Cowcaster posted:

:sever:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cowcaster posted:

your friends are nazis

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Should i get wolfenstien (nazi punch) or mario (sombrero hat)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cowcaster posted:

No... this is not at all a difficult decision.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

another wrinkle is my brother in law started working for bungie at the start of the month and i feel obligated to support him

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a.lo posted:

Yes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't like destiny, but play games with friends IMO, wolf is a single player game and will wait for you

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Play Destiny 2 when your friends are on, play Wolfenstein when they're not, reduce sleep/work accordingly

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

homeless snail posted:

I don't like destiny, but play games with friends IMO, wolf is a single player game and will wait for you

a salient point

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

How good is Destiny 2

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What's the objectionable content? I'm just curious as the DR3 ending sounds hilarious so I'm wondering if fans are pissed because it's a "gently caress you" or just a general "gently caress off with that poo poo"/

what follows is a minigame where you have to bat away the hands trying to grope the girl, it's a metaphor for the character being sexually abused by an adult but is presented as fun fan service

edit: i dont think the post im quoting was about ultra despair girls but i feel the need to point out that it is bad anyway

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the other hand, all the best bits of Wolfenstein will be spoiled for you if you wait too long.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Please pay full price for the new colossus. It’s a moral imperative.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CJacobs posted:

what follows is a minigame where you have to bat away the hands trying to grope the girl, it's a metaphor for the character being sexually abused by an adult but is presented as fun fan service
epic

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ultra despair girls is that one game where the only praise you see for it is steam reviews saying "this game functions 10/10"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Taintrunner posted:

On the other hand, all the best bits of Wolfenstein will be spoiled for you if you wait too long.

i don't think spoilers are a real thing so this doesn't bother me

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

a.lo posted:

porque no los dos?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

spoiler: you shoot a LOT of people in this game

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

homeless snail posted:

spoiler: you shoot a LOT of people in this game

How many of them are nazis? this is really important as to whether or not I buy it because it's a hot button topic in the political climate these days and that influences my video game purchases a lot

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cowcaster posted:

another wrinkle is my brother in law started working for bungie at the start of the month and i feel obligated to support him

If your brother in law cared about you he'd be a dev on Wolfenstein instead

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

CJacobs posted:

edit: i dont think the post im quoting was about ultra despair girls but i feel the need to point out that it is bad anyway

Clearly this is what we show people to convince them that games are art.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Macaluso posted:

If your brother in law cared about you he'd be a dev on Wolfenstein instead

well he tried that on dishonored 1 and prey but it turns out making incredibly good videogames that sell like garbage instead of mass market fpses doesn't pay the bills

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

a.lo posted:

How good is Destiny 2

it's the same as Destiny only now it's a dead IP that EA killed just to appeal to filthy casuals who only want to play the game an hour or two a day for the next 6 months or year, unlike the incredibly epic Destiny 1 where if you didn't play 8 hours a day you'd forever suck and look stupid

also the PvP is better, well, it's different, most people in the D2 thread seem to prefer D1's PvP, but i'm liking D2's way more, to the point where it's what i mostly play

it's got a pretty strong dressup game too, here's my space wizard (a couple weeks ago, i actually look even prettier now):

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

nachos posted:

Please pay full price for the new colossus. It’s a moral imperative.

I think i'm just going to wait a month and pick it up for $20, because Bethesda loves doing insanely deep price cuts shortly after launch for no reason.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If the dressup game were truly strong you'd only have to unlock the colors once and then you'd be able to use them whenever you like, or just straight up have them from the start.

Guild Wars 2 at least does that, though they seem to have forgotten how to design armor and outfits that don't look like poo poo.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

a.lo posted:

How good is Destiny 2

I enjoyed it but was done with it after like 2 weeks. It's generally an improvement from Destiny but it feels like it has much lower staying power, for whatever reason. Also loot boxes ruined shaders.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

I think i'm just going to wait a month and pick it up for $20, because Bethesda loves doing insanely deep price cuts shortly after launch for no reason.

mostly it's because they market every game they publish outside their own in-house stuff like complete garbage

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Shitlords are coming out of the woodwork to get mad at Wolfenstein's message of "Nazis are bad".

I scrolled through the replies for a loooooong time and only saw like one guy mad about it. Probably saw a hundred comedians like this tho lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/bhpinto89/status/919694500464873474

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The ones who are mad disguise it with concern trolling

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CJacobs posted:

How many of them are nazis? this is really important as to whether or not I buy it because it's a hot button topic in the political climate these days and that influences my video game purchases a lot

There's never not a time when I want to shoot nazis but I definitely wanna shoot them a whole lot more right now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

nachos posted:

The ones who are mad disguise it with concern trolling

Even one person pissy about it is too many, obviously. Just saying that this is a smart marketing move for Bethesda and half the people mad about it will probably buy it anyways because they probably care more about video games than ideology anyways lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
new vegas doesnt even need mods besides a ui one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

gently caress, every time I think I have this October's GOTM on lock something comes to shake it up

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/919684333207568385

It's still mario bc that game is probably gonna be as OK as the last wolfenstein

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So you mean it's going to be really goddamn good.

Mario's going to be better though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mario throws his hat at a tank, which country does he invade

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tno was a g3f5

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

homeless snail posted:

Mario throws his hat at a tank, which country does he invade

Hes italian so he'd switch sides halfway through the war and suffer no consequences

Serious answer: ethiopia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CJacobs posted:

It actually was, thank you for providing extra context. Horrible, horrible context.

• Locked thread