Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is their show funny at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

beep by grandpa posted:

It's probably got some funny in it. If Artie can stay awake, he's funny. And if Anthony can get away from his beloved racism, he's also funny.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
This picture was taken last Saturday. I've been thinking he'd drop dead for like 10 years now so maybe I'm just wrong and he is actually some sort of lich or a shambling heroin golem.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

beep by grandpa posted:

Idk I can't listen to artie anymore because I can't understand half the stuff he says.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I'm sad to admit it but my first thought when I saw that pic was ''I'd kill myself if I looked like that.''

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
All I can think of is, "Those poor, poor hookers".

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It seriously bums me out watching the first Hollywood couple game or whatever they played with Howard/Beth, Arite/Daner, and Robin/Mr.X. Artie looks like a human and generally seems happy in the relationship. To end up like this, jesus christ, addiction is scary.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Evil Agita posted:

This picture was taken last Saturday. I've been thinking he'd drop dead for like 10 years now so maybe I'm just wrong and he is actually some sort of lich or a shambling heroin golem.

What the gently caress is going on with the right side of his face? Is it rotting away?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

haljordan posted:

What the gently caress is going on with the right side of his face? Is it rotting away?

Artie’s face is looking like Jeff the Drunk’s butt.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
artie looks like grandpa munster and now has to do a show with two losers who are somehow more pathetic than him

E: actually the other two also completely outcast themselves from their previous job so it is a good match

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 14, 2017

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

haljordan posted:

Could it be inflammation from bad snorted heroin that causes swelling? I believe he mentioned once that he can't snort through one nostril anymore. One thing I've heard is that sometimes drug dealers are going to cut drugs meant for snorting with broken glass to cut the small blood vessels and create a bigger high from cheaper drugs. The beet red nose is what's making me wig out. He could probably chop it up and invent a story about a Hooker that bit it off and still look better than he currently does.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

haljordan posted:

How is Artie even employable at this point

Nevermind work, how is he still alive?

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

haljordan posted:

That's the horse snortin' side

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Odddzy posted:

Could it be inflammation from bad snorted heroin that causes swelling? I believe he mentioned once that he can't snort through one nostril anymore. One thing I've heard is that sometimes drug dealers are going to cut drugs meant for snorting with broken glass to cut the small blood vessels and create a bigger high from cheaper drugs. The beet red nose is what's making me wig out. He could probably chop it up and invent a story about a Hooker that bit it off and still look better than he currently does.

He told a story about snorting broken glass accidentally. Some chick he was with broke glass, left the room, then he came out of the bathroom and snorted the glass or something like that.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I've only just seen the poster for Beer League. It's so photoshopped that it looks like one of the old animations from Monty Python -

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w1280/1bXWzLeJRHMyxgc1E8WNjBd49Fy.jpg

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I've only just seen the poster for Beer League. It's so photoshopped that it looks like one of the old animations from Monty Python -

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w1280/1bXWzLeJRHMyxgc1E8WNjBd49Fy.jpg

"Ed's Bar & Swill"

:cripes:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

https://instagram.com/p/BaOpgEtAeZg/

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I thought Anthony's podcast was pretty successful without needing Artie? Why would he, or anyone, get into business with Artie at this point? Unless Anthony couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a former Stern show member help him badmouth Howard in between complaining about minorities and liberals and gun control advocates.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Ant's too busy bad mouthing Opie to care about Howard. Opie was the one that hated Howard anyway. Ant didn't give a poo poo.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

On the surface I really like what Beth does because regardless of if it's self-serving or not any benefits to animal welfare and adoption are net positives but ugh, this stuff. Throw the fish back in the water don't make a thing out of it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/cwotd/status/919251457450397698

Richard is literally an inspirational story :allears:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Under 2 hour half is pretty good

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I love Richard. I know some of it is a bit for the show, but I hate when Howard and some of the other guys poo poo on him just because he's happy and has hobbies and seems to genuinely enjoy life.

"HOW DARE YOU WASTE A WHOLE DAY FILMING A CAMEO IN A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE?!!!"

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

That's a really good time and Richard was probably hung over on pumpkin beer and full of Papa John's during the race.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

haljordan posted:

I love Richard. I know some of it is a bit for the show, but I hate when Howard and some of the other guys poo poo on him just because he's happy and has hobbies and seems to genuinely enjoy life.

"HOW DARE YOU WASTE A WHOLE DAY FILMING A CAMEO IN A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE?!!!"

Those moments make me so angry that I guarantee you, if I just happened to appear in the studio as a guest, I'd rip Howard up, verbally (or at least would attempt to). Meeting the King of All Media for the first time ever? Whatever, gently caress YOU, stop making GBS threads on Richard! (that's Sal's job :smug:)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

With Sal it's good natured, you can tell. Howard comes off as confused/angry because Richard is happy even though he doesn't have a ridiculous mansion in the Hamptons and probably doesn't order his Chinese food with sauce on the side.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 15, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

haljordan posted:

With Sal it's good natured, you can tell. Howard comes off as confused/angry because Richard is happy even though he doesn't have a ridiculous mansion in the Hamptons and probably doesn't order his Chinese food with sauce on the side.

The joke was that it was meant literally, about Sal.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The joke was that it was meant literally, about Sal.

Lol I see that now, I am not smart.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

haljordan posted:

Nor does he and his wife film themselves and post saving fish from the side of the road

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Howie get your phone out Im going to toss this fish back in the water. Also ew I don't want to touch a fish!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I think that fish was already dead

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Seems that Artie cancelled is show last night due to a medical emergency. Some posts on reddit are saying it was heart surgery.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Bonzo posted:

Seems that Artie cancelled is show last night due to a medical emergency. Some posts on reddit are saying it was heart surgery.

He really needs to stop walking to Saint Louis over the weekend.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Artie's whole life is a medical emergency

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Hey Gar, it's me, Art. I had to have heart surgery. I'm sick as a dog. *Fake coughing*

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've long since stopped giving a poo poo about Artie, but when news like that comes out I still feel for his mom and sister. As if they didn't go through enough with the paralysis of a loved one, now you've got this continual, miserable weight hanging off you for years and years. Decades of drug abuse at this point. Can't imagine.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I can't wait for the statement from Artie about how the doctors and nurses are all saints and saved his life and if it weren't for them blah blah and also Marci Turk is a oval office.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Apparently it's "high blood sugar"

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The problem is I believe the words "high" and "sugar" in relation to Artie, but I question if he is successfully pumps blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

How many pancakes and chocolate shakes does it take to put you in the hospital?