Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Don't worry, Falcons — the Saints are having a hilarious collapse of their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Sent from my iPad posted:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm optimistic. They're getting sloppy now though.

This is why I’m never optimistic about the Saints.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sent from my iPad posted:

SAINTS D BABY

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I like that the goal post is still shaking after that Saints D TD dunk.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
What’s Kamara done the whole game? Looks like he played some the first half and then not at all the second?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Joey Freshwater posted:

What’s Kamara done the whole game? Looks like he played some the first half and then not at all the second?

The Saints haven’t done poo poo in the second half generally, but Kamara has looks explosive the whole year. He’s really versatile. Also he had a badass hurdle earlier in the game.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

He's been playing well. Ingram has just been the one getting the TDs today.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
falcons are going to finish 3-13

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Saints win!

Saints win!

Three straight wins, and first time we've been over .500 since 2013!

It was all because of the Saints D.

What bizarro times we live in.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jesus loving Christ, the Bucs.

So much for this being our year. We're going to be a huge bust. 7-9 at best.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sup dudes :smug:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I like how poo poo the saints defense is that 45 wasnt enough to win safely

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Barudak posted:

Offense and special teams gave the Lions a lot of help in the second half. Also, a bunch of penalties.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Also, Tampa is the latest to fall victim to the "they've got so much talent" curse where people talk about your team like it's impossible that all of those good players will make a bad team, but that exactly what happens.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

It doesn’t help that Jameis died in the first half...

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Well, Jameis isn't good, so...

The Bucs are talented otherwise though.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Also, Tampa is the latest to fall victim to the "they've got so much talent" curse where people talk about your team like it's impossible that all of those good players will make a bad team, but that exactly what happens.

It also doesn't help that a lot of our defensive starters are injured.

But yea, Jameis is terrible, he can't get into an offensive rhythm to save his life, he's totally inconsistent and still makes a ton of risky/bad throws.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Barudak posted:

Oh yeah. Definitely not sold on this team. Just surprised that we are above .500 at all even if this is likely fleeting.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

That Works posted:

Oh yeah. Definitely not sold on this team. Just surprised that we are above .500 at all even if this is likely fleeting.

Take it when you can get my friend. Congrats! Someone has to win this trash division...

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

Take it when you can get my friend. Congrats! Someone has to win this trash division...

Looking like Carolina at this point, though they always have the potential to crater.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

We are both only one game behind Carolina, but we do have the win over them. The NFC South is rising again.

Also, three teams over .500 is not trash. :colbert:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

remember at the beginning of the season when we thought our division was good

lmfao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sword_man.gif posted:

remember at the beginning of the season when we thought our division was good

lmfao

Didn't we think 3/4ths of the division was good? It just turned out that the entire division is only good at 3/4ths of a game.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://www.pewterreport.com/forums/topic/fire-koetter-2/

Posted this in the bad posts thread but figured I’d share it here too.

This guy wants Koetter to go ahead and be fired which, ok fine whatever I don’t really agree with that. But, I want to draw your attention the the guy that says Jameis was an affirmative action QB and is the anchor that would drag Koetter down.

Then he doubles down and says he said the same when he was drafted.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Why would they fire Koetter? It’s not his fault Jameis can’t throw a football and the defense’s bones are made of glass.

e: lol

quote:

Yeah. I’m loving sick and tired of seeing Koetter airmailing open receivers. I’m sick of seeing Koetter throw behind them and unable to lead them. I’m totally over Koetter, Koetter, Koetter, Koetter, and Koetter not being able to open decent running lanes for Koetter. I’m sick of Koetter dropping passes too.

And I swear to loving God, if Koetter misses one more kick, I’m done.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 16, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it a dumb post but got overshadowed by the other dude

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Jameis is going to be just fine. He's 23, playing the most difficult position in sports.

That D tho, whoo boy, that scheme needs some work. I don't think Palmer had an incomplete pass in the first half. Hargreaves is probably the worst defender in the NFL.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Jameis is going to be just fine. He's 23, playing the most difficult position in sports.

That D tho, whoo boy, that scheme needs some work. I don't think Palmer had an incomplete pass in the first half. Hargreaves is probably the worst defender in the NFL.

wtf do the buccs do to talented corners to make them play like poo poo?

Revis, Verner, Hargreaves... it's uncanny.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

We blew our load with Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

otoh Brent Grimes is playing the best football of his life. But yeah, it's been pretty dire at the position for some time.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

every team in this division will end 8-8

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

otoh Brent Grimes is playing the best football of his life. But yeah, it's been pretty dire at the position for some time.

I miss Brent Grimes and I wish he hadn't injured himself badly in his contract year. :smith:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Alaois posted:

every team in this division will end 8-8

Embrace the suck

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I mean, WHATEVER the Seahawks are trash, the Packers are trash, wildcards are wide the gently caress open right now.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, WHATEVER the Seahawks are trash, the Packers are trash, wildcards are wide the gently caress open right now.

The whole conference is trash which makes it that much more frustrating. A good team would be running roughshod and running away with the #1 seed.

Oh well.

Chili, are you going to watch the Pats game? I didn't realize they were next up when I decided to not watch next week and now I feel very justified in that decision.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The whole conference is trash which makes it that much more frustrating. A good team would be running roughshod and running away with the #1 seed.

Oh well.

Chili, are you going to watch the Pats game? I didn't realize they were next up when I decided to not watch next week and now I feel very justified in that decision.

I'm watching every loving game. Fairweather, I am not. I've got 8 other months of the year to recover from these body blows.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I'm watching every loving game. Fairweather, I am not. I've got 8 other months of the year to recover from these body blows.

God bless you. I am not fairweather either, I've just found myself getting waaaaaaaaaaaaay too emotionally invested and charged in these games since the SB and I don't want to turn into Lloyd Christmas :smith:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

God bless you. I am not fairweather either, I've just found myself getting waaaaaaaaaaaaay too emotionally invested and charged in these games since the SB and I don't want to turn into Lloyd Christmas :smith:

Much respect. No sense in being a fairweather fan. :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Meh, be like me and drink some beers and play your star wars galaxy of heroes phone game between the plays. Gotta keep your interest split between two different types of soul crushing bullshit in order to truly reach zen.

Oh, and drinking really loving helps.

• Locked thread