Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, unlike rwby them looking bizarre and inhuman is intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Is this Rwby?

Ruby, maybe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MMO Junkie seems okay

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I love it.

I'm the camp gay elf.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Everything Burrito posted:

gems without inclusions

now i am thinking about mineralogy again

there better be some Albite twins in this show
they have Bort (who they really could have called Carbonado which is a much better name) which is already a kind of obscure thing

wolfs fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 15, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Do they have a kyanite?

My favorite mineral being in a show would be ... hilarious and awesome.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Anime fandom has evolved beyond monster-girls. Sexy minerals are the future.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Darth Walrus posted:

Anime fandom has evolved beyond monster-girls. Sexy minerals are the future.

Steven Universe has been on this train for the last three or four years.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

What do you think was driving the evolutionary process? :v:

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Do they have a kyanite?

My favorite mineral being in a show would be ... hilarious and awesome.

dunno! we've only met like 7 or 8 of the 26 minerals at this point and I refuse to look anything about this series up

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

rincewind101 posted:

dunno! we've only met like 7 or 8 of the 26 minerals at this point and I refuse to look anything about this series up

I'm looking forward to meeting talc if she exists.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

I'm looking forward to meeting talc if she exists.

Sounds like a dull one.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey now, if we're going there, LoL scooped SU by over a year.
Once again, beaten by the Japanese

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Sailor Moon did it ages ago.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

nielsm posted:

Sounds like a dull one.

She's just a big softie.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

no, i was talking to my gem, who is also named Bort

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Is Ancient Magus' Bride good?

The premise of some horse skull demon buying a young kid to be his child bride does not seem like a good show to jump on but it seems to be rated pretty highly.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nitrousoxide posted:

The premise of some horse skull demon buying a young kid to be his child bride does not seem like a good show to jump on but it seems to be rated pretty highly.

The premise is handled well so far as far as I can tell.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

The important thing to emphasise here is 'horse skull demon'. Elias is really, really not human, and wouldn't even consider the predatory interpretation you're thinking of because he has virtually zero idea what marriage happens to be (or, for that matter, that human beings aren't supposed to be purchasable goods). It's basically a sweet little comedy of errors of Cthulhu and a suicidal teenager teaching each other to be more human than the kind of awful human subculture they live and work with.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The manga's super good. Alternately eerie, cute, mysterious, and touching.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's also gorgeous :swoon:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
NEW THREAD

quote:

Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous)
Orange | Kyogoku, Takahiko | Oono, Toshiya | Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Seinen | Manga | October 7, 2017
In the distant future, a new life form called Houseki (gems) are born. The 28 Houseki must fight against the moon dwellers who want to attack them and turn them into decorations, thus each gem is assigned a role such as a fighter or a medic. Though he hopes to fight the moon dwellers, Phos is a gem who is given no assignment until the gems' master Adamantine asks him to edit a natural history magazine.
PV
Thread

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Also in the second episode, the skull man is instantly called out on his weird bullshit and beaten up for it so its not giving him at all free pass despite him not having any idea how bad buying a teenage bride is

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm still enjoying Animegatari, even though I'm still not sure what direction it's heading

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, it's surprisingly interesting. Like 90% of the time it's characters talking about other recent shows with one letter changed, but there's some kind of plot involving a talking cat slowly building in the other 10%.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I just finished binging Kuromukuro, which turned out to be the AldNoah/Valverave mecha I never knew I wanted, but a whole lot better. A google search on a third season turned up a lot of clickbait and rumours. Has there been any confirmed info about a season 3?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
did you ever watch majestic prince? it was from the same season as valvrave and gargantia, both of which had a lot of hype but ended up disappointing. mjp was the low budget dark horse mecha show, but it ended up being much better than the other two.

as for kuromukuro, i don't think a third season was ever planned. the japanese school life was a pretty big part of the premise, plus any third season would have ditched the majority of the cast.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

did you ever watch majestic prince? it was from the same season as valvrave and gargantia, both of which had a lot of hype but ended up disappointing. mjp was the low budget dark horse mecha show, but it ended up being much better than the other two.

as for kuromukuro, i don't think a third season was ever planned. the japanese school life was a pretty big part of the premise, plus any third season would have ditched the majority of the cast.

I liked Gargantia. It was a lot more heartfelt than some other mecha shows I've seen in recent years.
Also, holy poo poo I never put 2 & 2 together regarding these recent Code Geass followers. Aldnoah, Valvrave, AND Gargantia all had a white hair from the space power as an adversary, at least initially

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kuromukuro is pretty good as it is. I still find it hilarious that the show is called "Black Corpse", but otherwise yeah, another golden nugget from the Darker than Black, Wolf's Rain and Zvezda Plot.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Kuromukuro is pretty good as it is. I still find it hilarious that the show is called "Black Corpse", but otherwise yeah, another golden nugget from the Darker than Black, Wolf's Rain and Zvezda Plot.

Wait, how are these related?

Also I ended up deciding to finally finish Iron Blood Orphans, which will hopefully satisfy the mecha space battles that Kuromukuro wont have because it wont exist. Man, they could have done so much with it...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Wait, how are these related?

Tensai Okamura worked on all four in some combination of directing/writing capacities.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

Tensai Okamura worked on all four in some combination of directing/writing capacities.

Huh, that's neat. I like all of the to some extent. Maybe ill pay more attention to him.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soeGx0Lmob4

really scratches that post-NierA itch

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I thought that sounded familiar.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Watched the first ep of King's Game and thought it was kinda neat, but I I'm almost 180 on it after the second episode. Will it get more interesting or is it just a downward spiral of death and depression from here?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Animegataris gets a special pre-emptive "shows without threads" review for taking itself a little too seriously and relying too heavily on referential humor, so it all feels kinda flat, and gets a drop from me. Also if I wanted to read bickering between anime-only watchers and original media snobs I could just read threads in this subforum :v:

Thanks atleast for this

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AnacondaHL posted:

Animegataris gets a special pre-emptive "shows without threads" review for taking itself a little too seriously and relying too heavily on referential humor, so it all feels kinda flat, and gets a drop from me. Also if I wanted to read bickering between anime-only watchers and original media snobs I could just read threads in this subforum :v:

Thanks atleast for this

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT~

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Huh, Tiger & Bunny just popped up on Netflix.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

Huh, Tiger & Bunny just popped up on Netflix.

Hot drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

iospace posted:

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT~

desu wa

• Locked thread