Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I want Liam to win, I like Stephen but feel he is more style over substance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Greg having to pull Nish aside after Incredible Sudoku on the latest Taskmaster had me in tears with laughter. It's been my favourite season yet.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Rarity posted:

Greg having to pull Nish aside after Incredible Sudoku on the latest Taskmaster had me in tears with laughter. It's been my favourite season yet.

Sally continues to be the most amazing filmmaker

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Julio Cruz posted:

Bread's bread wherever it comes from.
Only one challenge had any sort of bread.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I want Liam to win, I like Stephen but feel he is more style over substance.

I don't know how comfortable I feel about baking being his actual job, I dunno.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Jus' coming!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I'm surprised nobody is talking about the surreal Mr Biffo stuff in the thread.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Rarity posted:

"yer not a bad guy nish..."

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm surprised nobody is talking about the surreal Mr Biffo stuff in the thread.

I haven't seen the ones he's done recently, but the early ones he put out were pretty fun. I should catch up with it all. Goujon John is a pretty great character, and I'm glad Biffo is getting the resurgence he's deserved after all these years.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Just be aware never to let Goujon John anywhere near your person.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The number of crystal maze contestants that have been too chubby to do the basic tasks deserves a supercut.
Girl on the cannon :smith:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I just got back from seeing Jools Holland and his band and they were fantastic - their special guest for this tour was José Feliciano, who's still sounding good in his 70s. Got me thinking that his show on BBC 2 is the only big music show left at the moment, isn't it? It's the only one of its kind left at least.

I think there's a new one coming on BBC 1 at some point (maybe it's started already) which says it's meant to be a cross between TOTP and SNL. Would've thought it would make as much sense to just bring back TOTP.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh my god Adam Buxton in Crystal Maze.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

McDragon posted:

Oh my god Adam Buxton in Crystal Maze.

Oh my god he is in the normal people version and not just the celebrity version

I watched like 4 episodes of normal people without that room showing up and just thought he wasn't paid enough to do it for the whole series

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Wheat Loaf posted:

I just got back from seeing Jools Holland and his band and they were fantastic - their special guest for this tour was José Feliciano, who's still sounding good in his 70s. Got me thinking that his show on BBC 2 is the only big music show left at the moment, isn't it? It's the only one of its kind left at least.

I think there's a new one coming on BBC 1 at some point (maybe it's started already) which says it's meant to be a cross between TOTP and SNL. Would've thought it would make as much sense to just bring back TOTP.

Maybe they can't find a nonce to host it?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Taear posted:

I don't know how comfortable I feel about baking being his actual job, I dunno.

Is he a professional baker though? Is he not just baking stuff for family and friends and posting on Instagram?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Is he a professional baker though? Is he not just baking stuff for family and friends and posting on Instagram?

He is doing that but he's unemployed and it seems like as much of his job as it can be, you know?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Rarity posted:

I really need to learn the lesson not to eat while watching taskmaster. The latest episode almost had me vomiting my cereal back in to the bowl after some went down the wrong way.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gum posted:

Maybe they can't find a nonce to host it?

I wouldn't have thought the BBC would have any shortage.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Is there a way to cast the UKTV app to the TV? It hasn't got a cast button in the app and if I just screencopy through the Home app to the Chromecast it's sound and no picture!

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
There’s an app I use that takes a url out of a webpage and direct casts it? TV Cast for iOS.

May not work with the ads and poo poo though.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Taear posted:

Is there a way to cast the UKTV app to the TV? It hasn't got a cast button in the app and if I just screencopy through the Home app to the Chromecast it's sound and no picture!

This ought to work, does on most things and sites - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.instantbits.cast.webvideo&hl=en

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Thanks, I'll try that! I've got AllCast but it requires you to have a prompt to use the app, or download the programme. It won't let me directly cast an app which is annoying.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I think the current lineup on Taskmaster is the best for a few series except that boring unfunny oval office Mark who the gently caress is he and who told him he’s funny?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pissflaps posted:

I think the current lineup on Taskmaster is the best for a few series except that boring unfunny oval office Mark who the gently caress is he and who told him he’s funny?

He's doing Woody Allen's neurotic Jew shtick, as far as I can tell. Something I can relate to.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Pissflaps posted:

Mark is lovely and I think he's funny :shrug:

Robot Wars starts again next Sunday, the 22nd. Blue Planet II starts on the 29th. Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish series 5 starts on the 31st. I'm not used to having this much TV that I want to watch.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Mark isn’t funny and Robot Wars is garbage.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
gently caress yeah Garbage Wars

I hope all the cool destructive robots don't tear themselves apart too quickly, and also that boring flipper bots continue to be marginalized.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Pissflaps posted:

Mark isn’t funny and Robot Wars is garbage.

I'm sorry for your life. :smith:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Mr Phillby posted:

gently caress yeah Garbage Wars

I hope all the cool destructive robots don't tear themselves apart too quickly, and also that boring flipper bots continue to be marginalized.

First episode apparently has Boring Flipper Winner Bot Apollo vs Boring Tantrum Flipper/Failure Pusher Bot Behemoth :dance:

Obviously I hope Behemoth goes out boringly in the first round against all the cool newbies, but we'll see.

Carbide's back so I'm interested to see who's taken hints from Battlebots and built something to wreck it. Pulsar could do it if the kid could get the thing to work, so maybe third time lucky. Minotaur in Battlebots was very similar to Pulsar and did well. But Carbide based their thing on Tombstone who won Battlebots s2. That kind of spinner, with the power they've given it, is horrible. You've gotta hope to break it, really.

Team Carbide failed out of Battlebots s2 with their Carbide-twin Cobalt, didn't even get a full match shown in the show. And previous Battlebots winners are interesting, Bite Force was a Razer-like crusher thing. Wonder if anyone's gone crusher/pincer this time, since Razer flunked out in the first round last time we saw them.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 16, 2017

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Mark is pretty great, I love him but he is the weakest in an amazing lineup.

He kinda looks not all that healthy tho, as if he's melting slowly?

Red Dwarf is back! and it's funny so far!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Hooray for Robot Wars!

Also, for some reason I am watching this ancient documentary about Peter Gabriel and suddenly Brian Pern is about a million times funnier.

It has some excellent moments of unintentional comedy, like stopping production on the album to go and play croquet, and going to a scrapyard in a garish jumper to record blowing on pipes.

Also, I'm pretty sure Peter is on the spectrum somewhere, it's almost like a bizarro episode of The Undateables in places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scmYG1Pv1_Q

Rondette fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 16, 2017

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

eating only apples posted:

First episode apparently has Boring Flipper Winner Bot Apollo vs Boring Tantrum Flipper/Failure Pusher Bot Behemoth :dance:

Obviously I hope Behemoth goes out boringly in the first round against all the cool newbies, but we'll see.

Has Behemoth been in it from Robot Wars 1 or did they only join for Robot Wars 2? I know they'll do basically anything.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Behemoth gets points for not being wedge shaped and having their team captain wordlessly flounce out of the out of the control booth after losing to children. Funniest moment of that whole series.

Edit: having looked it up, behemoth debuted in the second series and apparently holds the record for most battles lost despite reaching the finals multiple times.

Mr Phillby fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Oct 16, 2017

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

eating only apples posted:

Carbide's back so I'm interested to see who's taken hints from Battlebots and built something to wreck it. Pulsar could do it if the kid could get the thing to work, so maybe third time lucky. Minotaur in Battlebots was very similar to Pulsar and did well. But Carbide based their thing on Tombstone who won Battlebots s2. That kind of spinner, with the power they've given it, is horrible. You've gotta hope to break it, really.

Team Carbide failed out of Battlebots s2 with their Carbide-twin Cobalt, didn't even get a full match shown in the show. And previous Battlebots winners are interesting, Bite Force was a Razer-like crusher thing. Wonder if anyone's gone crusher/pincer this time, since Razer flunked out in the first round last time we saw them.

Battlebots seems to just not "do" flippers though. While I'm not saying a flipper is always superior to a big spinny blade it's still the only counter to it I can think of other than spending fuckloads on super-armour which you're probably not allowed to do.

I do hope Razer is back though. It was sad not to see them in series 2.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Phillby posted:

Behemoth gets points for not being wedge shaped and having their team captain wordlessly flounce out of the out of the control booth after losing to children. Funniest moment of that whole series.

Is it still the same guy? I know that the original teams for Storm 2 and Dantomkia sold their machines so they were being driven by different people (the Dantomkia guy was a right prat as well) in the most recent series; has Behemoth done the same?

Flippers are a bit boring after a while but I think it was a testament to how well Chaos 2 did in Robot Wars 3 and 4 that everybody copied them. I kind of liked the Cassius or Firestorm style flippers (where it was more of a weaponised self-righting mechanism than anything) which nobody else ever really did. :shrug:

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is it still the same guy? I know that the original teams for Storm 2 and Dantomkia sold their machines so they were being driven by different people (the Dantomkia guy was a right prat as well) in the most recent series; has Behemoth done the same?

Flippers are a bit boring after a while but I think it was a testament to how well Chaos 2 did in Robot Wars 3 and 4 that everybody copied them. I kind of liked the Cassius or Firestorm style flippers (where it was more of a weaponised self-righting mechanism than anything) which nobody else ever really did. :shrug:
P. Sure Behemoth is the same guy.

I'd actually love to see the guy who bought Dantomika come back, he was a very good heel and watching him lose was most satisfying, especialy as the other team were just so nice and genuinely happy to be on the show.

The lingering camera shot of his face after he lost was a really nice touch.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Phillby posted:

I'd actually love to see the guy who bought Dantomika come back, he was a very good heel and watching him lose was most satisfying, especialy as the other team were just so nice and genuinely happy to be on the show.

The lingering camera shot of his face after he lost was a really nice touch.

Yeah, wasn't there one bit where he's all grumpy and doing this big exaggerated thumbs-down and Dara Ó Briain clearly loses patience with him and pushes his arm down as well?

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Red Dwarf was really funny and the hitler actor was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Sean Hughes of NMT Buzzcocks fame has died at just 51.