Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

deadwing posted:

actually, don't buy any flash memory from amazon at all since the stock is probably polluted with third party seller counterfeits
I have had a 100% success rate over the years but I only buy ones that are directly from Amazon and I only buy brands I've already heard of.

So just don't risk it to save a few bucks and you should be fine is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I have a guilty pleasure of reading the reviews for obvious scam flash storage.

“It’s a scam”
“It’s just programmed to say 2TB”
“2TB for 30 dollars is a scam”
“It’s fine, I right click and it says 2TB”

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Wirecutter has your back

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-microsd-card/

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is Friends of Mineral Town still worth playing? I can’t decide if I should do a run before moving on to Stardew.

Honestly yes. It was peak (handheld) Harvest Moon. Stardew Valley has a bit more to it, but FoMT has more charm, in my opinion. I wish they'd put a port on Switch.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
why isnt stardew patched yet

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The horse in stardew is still slow as gently caress, it's only a 30% increase.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The running speed would be barely acceptable as a walking speed, tbqh

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I stopped playing Stardew very quickly on PC because of the movement speed.

Oh, but you can use items to speed up? Or the movement speed could just be decent in the first place!!!!!!!!!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Movement speed isn't that bad you pussy rear end bitch.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I don’t think you should be that rude in the Switch thread.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Agreed

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Movement speed is super slow, I wish it was like 30% faster when you run. Walking speed is glacial and makes the game way harder and no fun. Palm slam that 'auto run' button day one.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
SanDisk microSD cards are on sale today on Amazon.

256GB - $100
200GB - $63
128GB - $37

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What's the verdict on the elephant game?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Movement speed is fine, the horse makes it trivial, and the carts and totems even more so

Also drink coffee and eat pepper poppers if it's THAT unbearable

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mahoning posted:

SanDisk microSD cards are on sale today on Amazon.

256GB - $100
200GB - $63
128GB - $37

Lol scrubs, you're not a true gamer unless you get the official Nintendo 128gb card for $99.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am still excited to play the new Mummy Demastered game. aliens isolation was a good albeit idiosyncratic little gem and this looks 100% better

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Aliens: Infestation, Isolation was the first person stealth game from Creative Assembly.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have had a 100% success rate over the years but I only buy ones that are directly from Amazon and I only buy brands I've already heard of.

So just don't risk it to save a few bucks and you should be fine is what I'm saying.

I also purchase direct from Amazon and once got a fake SanDisk because of co-mingling, only found out when it failed and I went to SanDisk for warranty repair. Since then I run them through a utility that checks the authenticity of a card.

That said I'm buying a 200 GB from them right now because them prices, so welp

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/919911223541497857

Nintendo will be doomed on November 10th.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I am ready to RIP and TEAR on the Nintendo Switch.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Welp. I know what I’m doing on 11/10 (frickin backwards dates), I will rip and tear all the helldemons. Also I’m pretty sure switchdoom is worth it for the cover art alone.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Playing the Switch long enough in portable mode makes my right hand start to go to sleep, same as every portable console I have ever used save the original Game Boy. Why is that anyway?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Nice, wasn't expecting it that soon.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Any word on whether DOOM and W2 will have motion-aiming?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Nintendo also interviewed some blokes at Bethesda's office about Doom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2GO2ONz3s

Takoluka posted:

Any word on whether DOOM and W2 will have motion-aiming?

No.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Playing the Switch long enough in portable mode makes my right hand start to go to sleep, same as every portable console I have ever used save the original Game Boy. Why is that anyway?

You didn't play Mega Man Zero on a GBA SP enough

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
What's the deal with odd sized ad cards; i.e. 200gb? Are they just 256gb ones that couldn't make the cut?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

You didn't play Mega Man Zero on a GBA SP enough
In lots of science fiction humans undergo shocking physical transformations to adapt to generations living on other planets and stuff. It seems I'd need that to be able to play portable video games comfortably.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Me too. You laying on your back? I get that with extended iPhone use in bed too.

I’m just old and dying slowly but surely so I just assumed it was that.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Lol it's because blood isn't reaching your hands. Blood doesn't like going uphill. Just stop for ten seconds and flex your fists to get the blood pumping so you can game on, gamer.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Paint a picture of Bowser on the wall and then brutalize it every 10-15 minutes.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I am a bit sad that I just got Doom a while ago while it was on a Steam sale. Just a bit.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Boo.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Only 3 hours into Golf Story but it’s insanely epic y’all! Pick it up today!!!

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
even fire emblem warriors is good, I'm genuinely surprised

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Chernabog posted:

I am a bit sad that I just got Doom a while ago while it was on a Steam sale. Just a bit.

Don't be, the thought of playing that game without a mouse feels seems like hell. And not the good and fun hell that DOOM has, the bad hell.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Only 3 hours into Golf Story but it’s insanely epic y’all! Pick it up today!!!

Tim, I know you've been on your nature walk or whatever but this was discusses weeks ago bro.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kawabata posted:

even fire emblem warriors is good, I'm genuinely surprised

Hyrule warriors is the best or second best warriors spin off so this isn't too shocking

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Zelder posted:

Hyrule warriors is the best or second best warriors spin off so this isn't too shocking

I like Hyrule Warriors but I didn't think they'd put as much care (and more) in this one. Hats off to Koei Tecmo, the reviews are rolling in and they're all positive.

Love the visual style as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Golf Story

I'm at Lurker Valley. I've rescued the baby turtles and made friends with the big turtle. Completed the kiddie course as well as whatever side quests I could find. Where do I find a shovel? And how do I find/return the idol? I've searched everywhere and can't figure it out. Help!

• Locked thread