Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

i'm on episode 7 so probably the first one? the russian guy's hanging out naked in the bathhouse and everyone else is getting their gently caress on psychically.

it actually was more uncomfortable than the mom deadnaming nomi over and over because ive had that done to me irl but ive never seen an orgy and that xtian poo poo went off hard in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

echinopsis posted:

idk why you wouldn’t want to have a nice dinner, enjoy the food and the company, and THEN see a movie

because time and money tend to be finite, and not everything warrants an upper class restaurant

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

graph posted:

im not sure i get the hands holding drinks out of the holes

im ps sure that was an opening ceremony promotion thing, i dont even know where a place like that would be located in the theatre

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Trig Discipline posted:

i feel like the thing those are going to entirely miss that makes the drafthouse special is all their little special events. special film series, silent films with a live soundtrack performed by a local ensemble, singalongs, girly night, master pancake theater, happy fun monkey bash etc. forever. they're not just the nicest theater experience, they're a sort of communal presence that no chain theater can really do
im glad they'll miss it, everything you described sounds annoying

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

because time and money tend to be finite, and not everything warrants an upper class restaurant

i guess

ugh

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

cinci zoo sniper posted:

im glad they'll miss it, everything you described sounds annoying

no u

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

why_not_both.meme

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVWQfFAyhZ0

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

bump_fn posted:

terminator is better than terminator 2

yeah

cyberpunk beats expensive action movie any day

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

cool titan beetle. I have on one of those in my office right now, but dead and in a collection drawer.

they are not that rare in parts of South America, and the larvae is still completely unknown. it probably burrows in large hardwood trees and is the size, shape and color of a grande burrito.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

in the early days of reserved seats at drafthouse they only had one or two rows of reserved seats. i had picked them because then you get to show up just a few minutes before the movie starts.

when i showed up, the "reserved" sign for our row was on the floor rather than on the table, and there was a couple in our seats. i asked the guy in our seats about it and he said "it was like that when he got there".

i asked the drafthouse usher, and they immediately got the manager and she was not going to deal with that poo poo.

it quickly escalated to the dude who stole our seats saying "go ahead and call the police" and the manager said "it wouldn't be the first time" then his date started crying because they were delaying the start of the movie and keeping the lights up so the manager could argue with this dude. when they left we got confirmation from the people around us that the people in our seats were the ones who had thrown the sign on the floor and said "gently caress this" to the reserved section.

drafthouse rules and will make other people cry if they try to steal your seat, i am 100% sure they are serious about the no talking policy too.

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Oct 16, 2017

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
it was the ultimate white person experience, i let a theater manager get in a huge confrontation to make room for me to sit down, then i got to sit down and watch a bad movie (prometheus) and eat a pizza at the same time

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/ternus/status/919668720032714752

funy favicon

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

p sure my isp has a row of these with one for every road they serve and a crack team of toddlers who totter up and down adjusting the valves in between double fisting m&ms

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

duTrieux. posted:

humanity has a sexual harassment problem.

i alllivesmattered your post

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

C.H.O.M.E posted:

in the early days of reserved seats at drafthouse they only had one or two rows of reserved seats. i had picked them because then you get to show up just a few minutes before the movie starts.

when i showed up, the "reserved" sign for our row was on the floor rather than on the table, and there was a couple in our seats. i asked the guy in our seats about it and he said "it was like that when he got there".

i asked the drafthouse usher, and they immediately got the manager and she was not going to deal with that poo poo.

it quickly escalated to the dude who stole our seats saying "go ahead and call the police" and the manager said "it wouldn't be the first time" then his date started crying because they were delaying the start of the movie and keeping the lights up so the manager could argue with this dude. when they left we got confirmation from the people around us that the people in our seats were the ones who had thrown the sign on the floor and said "gently caress this" to the reserved section.

drafthouse rules and will make other people cry if they try to steal your seat, i am 100% sure they are serious about the no talking policy too.

this owns

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

the grown up movie theaters in town are ones that could not compete with the suburban hyperplexes that have 20 screens and 100 showtimes. they are one or two screen theaters from an earlier era and are in lovely buildings.

benefits include:

charming surroundings.
no wailing infants/children.
can have a cocktail if you want.
nice couch to snuggle with a buddy on.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i hope those are actual couches and not joint recliners like here in latvia. that rim in the middle is not conclusive for cuddling

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lol at paying extra for zinc-plated fittings

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i hope those are actual couches and not joint recliners like here in latvia. that rim in the middle is not conclusive for cuddling

yes actual two-rear end and three-rear end couches.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ultravoices posted:

yes actual two-rear end and three-rear end couches.

nice

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

#ophelia is 90% people who got sent home from work only to go to the pub

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

St Evan Echoes posted:

good for them :thumbsup:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

St Evan Echoes posted:

https://twitter.com/Koci71/status/919814656851632128

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

do i need to teach you how to behave like a polite human in a cinema/symphony/opera setting? it's simple decency. you may have a hushed conversation, but keep it short and quiet. if you need more than that, then step outside. don't use your phone, that's rude; it's bright and distracting. the one thing to keep in mind is that people paid money to go out and see a show, and anything you do to devalue that experience is thievery, so keep it to a minimum.

Source your quotes

Yea i follow the same guidelines you laid out, but their ads make it sound like a zero tolerence policy. I'm talking about whispering, never phone stuff. PHone touchers during movies are very very bad people

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

i feel like the thing those are going to entirely miss that makes the drafthouse special is all their little special events. special film series, silent films with a live soundtrack performed by a local ensemble, singalongs, girly night, master pancake theater, happy fun monkey bash etc. forever. they're not just the nicest theater experience, they're a sort of communal presence that no chain theater can really do

i had a friend visit austin and we were just walking down sixth and i was talking about this beer i really like that you can't get many places. we walked past the draft house and i was like "oh poo poo yeah they have it" so we walked in just to grab a quick beer at the standing bar in the waiting area. but then it turned out they were having a queen singalong where everyone got a fake mustache and inflatable guitar and if you hear that and don't immediately say "whatever else we were doing tonight is cancelled" then gently caress you, i don't want to know you

it was an absurdly fun night, just two hundred strangers drunk af and singing along to queen videos

I saw Escape From New York last night and the audience, myself included, clapped

It was nice

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

local university cinema shows its a wonderful life every day in the run up to Xmas each year and i think ppl usually clap at the end of it. kinda weird but im not gonna judge, it’s a good movie :unsmith:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

local university cinema shows its a wonderful life every day in the run up to Xmas each year and i think ppl usually clap at the end of it. kinda weird but im not gonna judge, it’s a good movie :unsmith:

I finally watched it all the way and its a rollercoaster, like a bad trip that you come out of

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the moral of the story: why wish you’d never been born when you could wish it on your dipshit uncle instead

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Like you know how when you are in the last couple hours of a trip and its fading off and you're realizing "everythings O.K. I'm gonna be fine. The world is as it should be" :)

But just 4 hours earlier you thought you might be dead or never have existed?

Thats how "It's a Wonderful Life" makes me feel

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
do look out please

https://i.imgur.com/nh4WbLP.gifv

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

i had an experience running down a hallway once that this very much reminds me of

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
postbot 3000 is finally operational

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

KoRMaK posted:

Source your quotes

Yea i follow the same guidelines you laid out, but their ads make it sound like a zero tolerence policy. I'm talking about whispering, never phone stuff. PHone touchers during movies are very very bad people

what do you need to whisper during a movie

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

when i went to see inception there was a guy who whispered IS THIS BIT A DREAM like every 2 minutes for the first half hour

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Riptor posted:

what do you need to whisper during a movie

this movie is terrible let's go somewhere else

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roosevelt posted:

this movie is terrible let's go somewhere else

good thing they let you order alcohol then

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes