Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Chorus of Hams posted:

Mould Line Remover, Mould Line Remover

Thanks internet :thumbsup:

Speaking of Neophyte Hybrids, they come with 25mm bases and I want to stick them on 32mm ones (not that I'll actually use them in a game anyway), but does 8th Edition's rules now use measuring distance from the model or is still base edge?

EDIT: To clarify the blade thing, my eyes were nowhere near the blade when it snapped, it snapped while cutting on a table and flew backwards and up because physics or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

chutche2 posted:

Sounds like typical corporate greed to me, invent a problem like "mold lines" and sell you a mold line remover

It's true. Blame Big Plastic for exploiting Physics.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

richyp posted:

Thanks internet :thumbsup:

Speaking of Neophyte Hybrids, they come with 25mm bases and I want to stick them on 32mm ones (not that I'll actually use them in a game anyway), but does 8th Edition's rules now use measuring distance from the model or is still base edge?

EDIT: To clarify the blade thing, my eyes were nowhere near the blade when it snapped, it snapped while cutting on a table and flew backwards and up because physics or something.

Still base edge. 25mm is about an inch though so if you stick 'em on 32, just measure from base center and add .5 inches

25mm should mostly go away, models need room to breath man, specially all the newer stuff which is at a bigger scale due to scalecreep.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I put off getting the mold line remover because I figured it was a dumb money grab and I was fine with an exacto knife. I picked one up like 6 months back after I heard a bunch of good things from people down at the local nerd store. I was pleasantly surprised. I still need to use the back or blade of an exacto from time to time, but the mold line remover covers most things pretty well and there's no risk of accidentally slicing off a chunk.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Liquid Communism posted:

Xenos are hosed, because your 4-man 4k point army has to share faction keywords

Dunno where you're getting that from, it's not in the rules you quoted.

RAW if they're using those detachments then Factions don't even matter as none of the ones they've written up feature the 'all units in this detachment must share a faction' that all the official ones have.

Remember: Battle Forged is not the same as the matched play requirement on everything needing to share a faction. Battle Forged is literally just 'Uses detachments and gains CP'.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

bonds0097 posted:

Still base edge. 25mm is about an inch though so if you stick 'em on 32, just measure from base center and add .5 inches

25mm should mostly go away, models need room to breath man, specially all the newer stuff which is at a bigger scale due to scalecreep.

Yeah 25mm is too small, I remember painting a friends Necron Army a few years ago, and those guys looked stupid with their feet hanging over each edge of the base.

The Genestealer guys and their Hybrid Guard Buddies are going on some 32mm bases like the god/patriarch intended. If my Flying Pirate Air Dwarves come with 32mm bases then these guys can have some too.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Dude you get free shipping at £80 with EG - don't you need a couple paints or something?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

xtothez posted:

Dude you get free shipping at £80 with EG - don't you need a couple paints or something?

I was waiting for rules clarification for the bases. The 32mm Sector Imperialis Bases pushed it past £80 and order processed before the 14:30 next day cut off (by about 2 mins) :)

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The first of my Knights of House Taranis is ready for war. Learned some stuff about painting knights along the way. Mostly - I need to get better at the heat burn on the barrels, and I should make a base first then put the model onto it.

Next two should be better.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Corrode posted:

Dropped my hobby knife and instinctively tried to catch it with my legs, shoved it straight into my calf. At least I know the blade's sharp.

never try to catch a falling knife, scrub

Shadowsword built and is being painted. Can't wait to outflank dat volcano cannon at Dragonfall

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/16/craftworld-focus-iyanden-oct-16gw-homepage-post-3/

Iyanden effectively get a free :commissar: on all units, and anything with a damage charge doubles its current wounds count when working out which profile line to use.

Also Wraithguard, Wraithblades and Wraithlords for all Craftworlds get +1T for no extra cost, and Spiritseers drop from 66 to 45pts.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Holy poo poo, I was hoping that they previewed Iyanden first, and they sound great. Trying not to get hyped

e: I hope Wraithblades' ghost axe + forceshield combo gets a bit of a discount... no mention of it so they probably didn't

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

xtothez posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/16/craftworld-focus-iyanden-oct-16gw-homepage-post-3/

Iyanden effectively get a free :commissar: on all units, and anything with a damage charge doubles its current wounds count when working out which profile line to use.

Also Wraithguard, Wraithblades and Wraithlords for all Craftworlds get +1T for no extra cost, and Spiritseers drop from 66 to 45pts.

Eldar bullshit is never absent for long

Naramyth posted:

never try to catch a falling knife, scrub

Shadowsword built and is being painted. Can't wait to outflank dat volcano cannon at Dragonfall

just in time to meet Guard bullshit.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I finally finished Magnus over the weekend. The dude was almost too big for my new (cheapo) light box! The wings too for-loving ever, but I'm happy with how they turned out.

May do some final touch-up on the armor plates when I get a pot of Stormhost Silver, but I'm p happy with him. I also really like the way they did the wing construction on the model, since I think I can get away with just not gluing or magnetizing the wings.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

That's awesome. Well done.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
drat son. Those wings are stunning!

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TheChirurgeon posted:

I finally finished Magnus over the weekend. The dude was almost too big for my new (cheapo) light box! The wings too for-loving ever, but I'm happy with how they turned out.

May do some final touch-up on the armor plates when I get a pot of Stormhost Silver, but I'm p happy with him. I also really like the way they did the wing construction on the model, since I think I can get away with just not gluing or magnetizing the wings.

Christ I want to gouge my eyes out after just edge highlighting for a couple of hours, great job.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pages late, but goddamn, it's like you played the Tyranid player Dan and I played at NOVA but with him being a dick on top of it. I also totally feel that stubborn urge to win, because if you're going to spend 6+ hours on a bad game, you better walk away with a victory.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Man that's a good looking nipplewizard. My only complaint is that his base seems really plain, it needs some rocks or grass tufts or something to break up the generally flat space. Those feathers are incredible though.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

TheChirurgeon posted:

This is amazing. Very nice.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Dude, that is gorgeous. Fantastic job.

Mind shooting me the info on that basing? I've been on a basing kick lately, and am interested in your specific technique. Your Martian soil turned out a little darker/browner than mine, and I kinda dig it.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SRM posted:

Man that's a good looking nipplewizard. My only complaint is that his base seems really plain, it needs some rocks or grass tufts or something to break up the generally flat space. Those feathers are incredible though.

Thanks!

The base is indeed very plain. I may add something to it later. The final hours of painting the fucker definitely got close to the "gently caress it, I want this thing done" side of the process because those wings took so goddamn long. May just add some skulls or more dreadnought bits if I can find some in my bitz box. I'm generally not huge on elaborate bases generally, though.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Thanks!

The base is indeed very plain. I may add something to it later. The final hours of painting the fucker definitely got close to the "gently caress it, I want this thing done" side of the process because those wings took so goddamn long. May just add some skulls or more dreadnought bits if I can find some in my bitz box. I'm generally not huge on elaborate bases generally, though.

If you want, I can mail you the dead MkIII Space Wolf from the 30k Ahriman kit. I have a few spares. Along with some SW bits. You might be able to just toss a few little things on there to spice it up.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Broken Record Talk posted:

Dude, that is gorgeous. Fantastic job.

Mind shooting me the info on that basing? I've been on a basing kick lately, and am interested in your specific technique. Your Martian soil turned out a little darker/browner than mine, and I kinda dig it.

Sure! I'll actually post a guide later on this week. Enough people have asked me that I should make one. But the basic steps are:

1.) Undercoat the entire base Mephiston Red
2.) Martian Ironearth
3.) Liquitex Professional Acrylic Ink! - Pyrrole Red. I put this on fairly heavily, don't mix at all with water.
4.) Dry brush Baylor Brown
5.) Optional, but I also do a light dusting in some spots of Martian Dust.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Posting on the same page as that amazing Magnus is probably a mistake but I broke ground on my Grey Knight termies.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Corrode posted:

Eldar bullshit is never absent for long

just in time to meet Guard bullshit.

Apparently they are changing the outflank thing to be only one vehicle and the outflank dagger can only go on an infantry unit. loving cowards.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Naramyth posted:

Apparently they are changing the outflank thing to be only one vehicle and the outflank dagger can only go on an infantry unit. loving cowards.

I really want you to bring this and then someone to form a square of Kroot 13" from every board edge.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Winner of the first official UK GT heat is up on WH Community: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/16/the-grand-tournament-heat-1-the-roundup/

Surprising no-one, it's a Guilliman gunline.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Corrode posted:

I really want you to bring this and then someone to form a square of Kroot 13" from every board edge.

I did that with conscripts in my DZ against flayed ones once.

Thankfully they can come on my board edge and I have a bunch of crap in my deployment zone so I'm safe almost all the time.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

gently caress yeah. Fantastic job on those wings. That's an intimidating model and the final result is rad as hell.

One thing though: I'd hit some of that gold with bright silver highlights on the sharpest edges/points. I know his armor is silver too, but it really helps define the gold better.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

Me looking at you and your suss-rear end posts:

(Looks amazing, really)

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Corrode posted:

Winner of the first official UK GT heat is up on WH Community: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/16/the-grand-tournament-heat-1-the-roundup/

Surprising no-one, it's a Guilliman gunline.

Hey that's the tabletop tactics guy, good on him, their batreps are fun to watch because they always look like they are having fun.

Im super curious to what that genestealer cults list was too.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Hey that's the tabletop tactics guy, good on him, their batreps are fun to watch because they always look like they are having fun.

Im super curious to what that genestealer cults list was too.

Oh poo poo it is him, that's awesome. Those guys make the only battle reports I ever bother to watch anymore since they do seem like a fun bunch.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

Stephenls posted:

This is what "Fine then he's Kayvan Shrike and they're just Raven Guard and they're temporarily repainted their armor in different colors and painted over their real chapter logo with a fake one for reasons; all my talk of successor chapters and Layvan Thryke was just typical Raven Guard attempts at deception, which you have seen through!" is for.

(This isn't even out of character for the Raven Guard! They're sneaky!)

~Unspecified warp mishap~ is also a pretty unassailable excuse for any painting/modelling choice.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.
Eldar thoughts - day 1 does not disappoint, I’ve been gradually leaning towards benching my wraithlords because they weren’t tough enough, T8 makes a *huge* difference to that.

45 point spiritseers look extremely viable - I know what I’ll be counting my planned bonesinger purchase as.

That new psychic power might be the best thing there though - currently only “conceal” is any good at all, whereas this new one looks like it has diverse applications, anywhere from shutting down a melee death star to giving an infantry squad on your side a chance to punch up for a a turn.

Just sad that I’ll have to wait till at least Wednesday to find out what my Biel Tan bad bois get.

I’m assuming the schedule will broadly be (based on craft world theming)

Tuesday: Ulthwe + any guardian changes + new farseer powers
Wednesday/Thursday 1: Saim Hann + bike changes + vehicle changes
Wednesday/Thursday 2: Biel Tan + aspect warrior changes + autarch changes
Friday: Alaitoc + any other business because what kind of theme is “has rangers”

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

Oh poo poo it is him, that's awesome. Those guys make the only battle reports I ever bother to watch anymore since they do seem like a fun bunch.

I will have to check them out.

How many points was the tournament?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

One_Wing posted:

Friday: Alaitoc + any other business because what kind of theme is “has rangers”

-1 to hit beyond 12", probably.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How many points was the tournament?

2k points as is usually standard.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

2k points as is usually standard.

Unless the warhammer community post got the list wrong, the winning list came in at 2030 points. The only way to get it down below 2k would be for the stormraven to have twin heavy bolters instead of twin multimeltas.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

One_Wing posted:

Eldar thoughts - day 1 does not disappoint, I’ve been gradually leaning towards benching my wraithlords because they weren’t tough enough, T8 makes a *huge* difference to that.

45 point spiritseers look extremely viable - I know what I’ll be counting my planned bonesinger purchase as.

That new psychic power might be the best thing there though - currently only “conceal” is any good at all, whereas this new one looks like it has diverse applications, anywhere from shutting down a melee death star to giving an infantry squad on your side a chance to punch up for a a turn.

Just sad that I’ll have to wait till at least Wednesday to find out what my Biel Tan bad bois get.

I’m assuming the schedule will broadly be (based on craft world theming)

Tuesday: Ulthwe + any guardian changes + new farseer powers
Wednesday/Thursday 1: Saim Hann + bike changes + vehicle changes
Wednesday/Thursday 2: Biel Tan + aspect warrior changes + autarch changes

Happy about changes but enhance/drain is also pretty good on something like banshees. That's -2 to hit them in fight phase when stacked with acrobatics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Empower/Enervate is the real deal, you're gonna want at least Warlocks for that. One can only assume that Runes of Battle and Fate are both getting the full complement of six (6) psychic powers

e: they must really want to move Spiritseer kits because they're totally worth the 10 point premium for 2 more wounds alone, plus they have real Smite and stuff

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 16, 2017