Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Whereas I, as a red mage, just got a full set of merlinic with avg 31 MAB on my augs for all pieces, and I just soloed t3 einherjar for the first time in 25 minutes.

half-geared blues can do it in like 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Botman
Mar 3, 2006
DASH DASH DASH!!!!

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

level MNK if you enjoy and like it but be warned it's extremely out of the current endgame meta cause it produces too much TP and all its weaponskills suck ultimately.

I'm not concerned with the endgame (I never even made it there 10 years ago when it was 75). Like I said, this is mainly about coming back 10 years later, and seeing/playing the content I couldn't do back then. MNK was just the job I started with, and was my "Main", so I'm going with it first.

In case anyone is curious, my levels were 55 MNK, 30 WAR, 20 DRK, and 15 THF.

Anyway, judging by the Linkshell Concierge post-maintenence, my server is a ghost town, so I'll probably transfer once I'm done grinding a bit in Crawler's nest later today.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Whereas I, as a red mage, just got a full set of merlinic with avg 31 MAB on my augs for all pieces, and I just soloed t3 einherjar for the first time in 25 minutes.

half-geared blues can do it in like 8
BLU and BST are super efficient at grinding content. I suggest everyone leveling one of those jobs for grinding.

Botman posted:

I'm not concerned with the endgame (I never even made it there 10 years ago when it was 75). Like I said, this is mainly about coming back 10 years later, and seeing/playing the content I couldn't do back then. MNK was just the job I started with, and was my "Main", so I'm going with it first.

In case anyone is curious, my levels were 55 MNK, 30 WAR, 20 DRK, and 15 THF.

Anyway, judging by the Linkshell Concierge post-maintenence, my server is a ghost town, so I'll probably transfer once I'm done grinding a bit in Crawler's nest later today.
Unless you're on Asura or maybe Odin, your server is gay and dead.

And MNK sucks for even not endgame.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ambuscade Vol 2 sees you throw down with spooky skeletons.

The fear is real.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Ambuscade Vol 2 sees you throw down with spooky skeletons.

The fear is real.

Vol 1 is a acrolith (gold looking mechanical guys from toau) with millions of hp and a increased damage mechanic

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Burning down nyzul tokens this weekend to finish murgleis. /tell kusamotu if you have a half hour to help. Pubbies are legit terrible.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Pubbies are legit terrible.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

WOMP WOMP

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
loving nailed it.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I was really hoping thered be a glitch where id get hosed out of it so i could raise holy hell while the rest of asura debated the merits of murgleis over yell

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

we both got Sarameya so let's coordinate and not waste pops

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

isnt the trial "killing blow <mythic weaponskill>?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure that one is just killing the ZNM while the weapon is equipped.

It's the 1200 previous kills that require the WS to be used.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

:toot::toot::toot:

nice congratulations!!

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

$18 for world transfer even with dead servers, on a dead game.. considering coming back but ugh..

Can someone check my account on ffxiah and tell me how long it'd take to just catch up a new character to where I left off mission/job/gear-wise? I'm imagining I'm behind the curb big time but still I remember some of this gear being annoying to farm.

Nishida@Quetzalcoatl

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Zaekkor posted:

$18 for world transfer even with dead servers, on a dead game.. considering coming back but ugh..

Can someone check my account on ffxiah and tell me how long it'd take to just catch up a new character to where I left off mission/job/gear-wise? I'm imagining I'm behind the curb big time but still I remember some of this gear being annoying to farm.

Nishida@Quetzalcoatl

About a week if you play hard every day. Other than epona's ring, your gear is outdated. Sparks or coalition gear is easily obtained and surpasses your Manibozho gear.

Kieyen fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 18, 2017

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kieyen posted:

About a week if you play hard every day. Other than epona's ring, your gear is outdated. Sparks or coalition gear is easily obtained and surpasses your Manibozho gear.

OK sounds good how hard is Eponas ring to get nowadays? I remember it was somewhat of a pain back when I played is it easier?

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Zaekkor posted:

OK sounds good how hard is Eponas ring to get nowadays? I remember it was somewhat of a pain back when I played is it easier?

Easier due to gear and being able to summon five trusts. It's a 3.8%, or 43% if you blue proc it. Probably best to two man it because it can charm you. If it does that, then it despawns by the time charm wears off and you have to hunt down the items to pop it all over again.

Kieyen fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 19, 2017

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kieyen posted:

Easier due to gear and being able to summon five trusts. It's a 3.8%, or 43% if you blue proc it. Probably best to two man it because it can charm you. If it does that, then it despawns by the time charm wears off and you have to hunt down the items to pop it all over again.

Will I need to farm up all the atmas for abyssea content still?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Zaekkor posted:

Will I need to farm up all the atmas for abyssea content still?

Not really. They frequently do an abyssea event that gives you a shitload of atmas. And it being outdated content, nobody gives a gently caress and you lowman it all due to ilevel 119.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Cool..coming back to re-live the nightmare and I'm bringing my buddy from work who has never played FFXI in his life. Definitely going to be following the 1-119 guide on BG wiki. The game seems really interesting now.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Got past the sarameya trial, started doing the long armed chariot trials.

Attempt 1: forgot to equip murgleis
Attempt 2: forgot to equip murgleis
Attempt 3: got to chariot, network went dead.
Attempt 4: got distracted by kids, died.
Attempt 5: killed the chariot with murgleis, nothing happened. Checked weapon, no trial on it.
Attempt 6: didn't get an hp cell, got killed by fomors
Attempt 7: ran SSR2, that chariot doesnt count
Attempt 8: first successful kill
Attempt 9: second successful kill
Attempt 10: third successful kill

goddamn that sucked.

Paladine_PSoT fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 21, 2017

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
sounds like my Kam'lanaut farming the last week

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

all kinds of mythics being completed by goons these days, speaking of which....

:woop: finished my Kenkonken finally :woop:

is Abyssea still the best place for the killing blow trials? Any specific atmas or just go wild with the typical RR/Apoc/etc..

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Happy Blue Cow posted:

all kinds of mythics being completed by goons these days, speaking of which....

:woop: finished my Kenkonken finally :woop:

is Abyssea still the best place for the killing blow trials? Any specific atmas or just go wild with the typical RR/Apoc/etc..

Congrats. Abyssea has a short respawn time for regular monsters. Atmas are whatever keeps you WSing faster. Use non-attacking trusts for killing blow trials.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

My friend and I need pearls.. do you guys not use the concierege? What is best way to get pearls? Won't be on til 1230am EST or so..OT all week..:/

Edit: friend is goon poster below me

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 24, 2017

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
ISO pearls as well but stuck in the same boat as zaekkor

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Zaekkor posted:

My friend and I need pearls.. do you guys not use the concierege? What is best way to get pearls? Won't be on til 1230am EST or so..OT all week..:/

Edit: friend is goon poster below me

Concierge means anyone can pick up a pearl. List your ingame names and someone will give you a pearl.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kieyen posted:

Concierge means anyone can pick up a pearl. List your ingame names and someone will give you a pearl.

Zaekkor and Theboat are our IGNs

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Happy Blue Cow posted:

:yotj:

I did mine in abyssea with regain and storetp atmas up. use a healer like cherukiki or apururu who won't attack (enfeebles almost never draw hate for quick kills like this). Add ulmia and cornelia for the boosts and moogle if you need mana for some god awful reason. Find linking or aggressive mobs and just mass pull/murder as you see fit.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Looks like at the end of november we'll be able to get job cards from SKCNM fights for a little while http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53287-Returnee-Support-Campaign-Phase-One?p=601822#post601822

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Looks like at the end of november we'll be able to get job cards from SKCNM fights for a little while http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53287-Returnee-Support-Campaign-Phase-One?p=601822#post601822

They had it before, the drop is random and the droprate is shiiiiit. Dont expect to even be able to +2 a single piece without serious grinding, it takes 10 of a single job's card to get 1 of the job you want.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah. Grab two other people and without even having to worry about job comp you can get 2-3 cards easily in a 30min omen run.

Enter as 3 in a party. Drop group as soon as you are in and each person can then call a full contingent of trusts.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Gonna give this another try I think after about 10 years.

Should I use a controller or did they make using a keyboard not terrible at some point?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Verbose posted:

Should I use a controller or did they make using a keyboard not terrible at some point?

Everything is terrible.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Verbose posted:

This was a PS2 game, so definitely use a PS2 inspired controller.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
the only controllers worth using are easyfarm and cure please

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

CubsWoo posted:

the only controllers worth using are easyfarm and cure please
:agreed:

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Whats old is new again! Nu-dynamis, forever called double Ds is pretty closely an ilevel version of old original dynamis, down to the statues in formation popping random poo poo.

They also hilariously made finishing dynamis tavnazia a prerequisite for entry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

3 rockfin teeth per +2 relic? Time to get rich on Daquwaqa again.