Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

VanSandman posted:

This is a pro-follow on Twitter, btw.

Oh my god.
https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/916088626672488449

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I have no idea what I'm supposed to be seeing or hearing in this video, because I can't see or hear anything about San Diego.

idk, maybe I'm blind or deaf, or dense, or whatever, help

That's a reference to Anchorman. In the movie, Ron Burgundy would read anything written on the prompter. These guys are reading the prompter where it tells them to read the graphic, instead of reading the graphic.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Seriously, it's both text and subtext that the Nazis were and would have been terrible leaders. Stunted creative development, building material built for the explicit purpose of being long lasting (and ends up poisoning their populace), random purgings to the detriment of their society and development, a population that is held within fear that they may be turned against, executed for the smallest perceived slight, etc.

But then again, they all imagine they're Goebbels calling the shots, and not one of their underlings thrown to the frontlines.

Temporarily embarrassed party functionaries

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
There's like 4 posters that I recognize right away by name after a decade, how do you people have encyclopedic repositories of all this dumb loving SA poster drama jesus christ

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Got anything more than just that? The video shows as permission denied now.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

NeurosisHead posted:

There's like 4 posters that I recognize right away by name after a decade, how do you people have encyclopedic repositories of all this dumb loving SA poster drama jesus christ

Goon Legends.

I first visited these hallowed dead gay forums back in 2003, and then dropped off the map for a decade while life got in the way. It didn't take long to get familiar with some of the hilarious poo poo that occurred while I was gone. A good legend never dies, especially a good goon legend.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yes, standing up and taking no prisoners against racist, misogynistic pieces of poo poo casually dehumanising her and all other people of colour is "her bullshit".

I'm amazed you didn't describe her as hysterical :rolleyes:

Which be cool and good, except she never actually does that, instead just screaming whatever the SJW buzzword of the week is.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
http://www.newsweek.com/man-rescued-taliban-didnt-believe-trump-was-president-685861

A Canadian man rescued from a Taliban-linked group in Afghanistan last week said he thought his captors were joking when they told him Donald Trump had been elected president of the United States.

Joshua Boyle and his wife, Caitlin Coleman, were kidnapped and held by the Haqqani network—whose leader is the deputy head of the Afghan Taliban—for five years and one day.

Boyle and Coleman were rarely given any information on the outside world during their time in captivity. They didn't even know Justin Trudeau was prime minister of Canada, for example, until after they were rescued. But when Boyle was forced to participate in a "proof-of-life" video, one of the captors told him Donald Trump had been elected president. At the time, Boyle essentially took this comment as a joke.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Even we she's not around TB can loving ruin a thread.
TB isn't here, all of you shitposters are however.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hScpVY1kXpg

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What is tb

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Jippa posted:

http://www.newsweek.com/man-rescued-taliban-didnt-believe-trump-was-president-685861

A Canadian man rescued from a Taliban-linked group in Afghanistan last week said he thought his captors were joking when they told him Donald Trump had been elected president of the United States.

Joshua Boyle and his wife, Caitlin Coleman, were kidnapped and held by the Haqqani network—whose leader is the deputy head of the Afghan Taliban—for five years and one day.

Boyle and Coleman were rarely given any information on the outside world during their time in captivity. They didn't even know Justin Trudeau was prime minister of Canada, for example, until after they were rescued. But when Boyle was forced to participate in a "proof-of-life" video, one of the captors told him Donald Trump had been elected president. At the time, Boyle essentially took this comment as a joke.

Coming up next: Canadian man wants to return to Afghanistan.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its me, I am the poo poo poster.

Im sorry for not being sorry.

oh and

Randaconda posted:

Which be cool and good, except she never actually does that, instead just screaming whatever the SJW buzzword of the week is.
/

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sneakyfrog posted:

its me, I am the poo poo poster.

Im sorry for not being sorry.

oh and

/

:golfclap:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

i just cant resist that one man

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Putative schadenfreude: I kind of hope people coming out and confronting Weinstein means Hollywood people will stop defending Polanski next, but to be honest I'm not holding my breath.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Mu Zeta posted:

What is tb

Either Tiny Brontosaurus who is a lovely poster and the posting equivalent of a shaking ball of rage, or tuberculosis which is a terrible disease.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Putative schadenfreude: I kind of hope people coming out and confronting Weinstein means Hollywood people will stop defending Polanski next, but to be honest I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, that will never happen. The people defending him are powerful enough to blacklist anyone speaking against him and it's going to be that way until everyone involved is dead. Same as with any other rich respected person and their crimes.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, that will never happen. The people defending him are powerful enough to blacklist anyone speaking against him and it's going to be that way until everyone involved is dead. Same as with any other rich respected person and their crimes.

this

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how many of the people who are (rightly) calling out Weinstein for his poo poo have been apologists for Polanski.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wonder how many of the people who are (rightly) calling out Weinstein for his poo poo have been apologists for Polanski.

No one could be that dense. Weinstein and O'Reilly are on a whole different level than Cosby and Polanski.

A terrible level, but not the same one, afaik.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Mu Zeta posted:

What is tb

china bot has a new favorite as of 19:01 on Oct 16, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
So far ben affleck has been the most entertaining one thats been called out for that poo poo so far.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Powerful Hollywood dudes will AT MOST use Weinstein as their scape goat and act like he was the only one that did those kinds of things and they're just appalled.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The funniest part is how so many are saying it's an open secret and all of Hollywood knows about it while Weinstein's closest associates like Affleck claim they had no idea. I'm convinced everyone knew and that Weinstein is far from being the only one.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

What is tb

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2634792

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
booo

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Mu Zeta posted:

The funniest part is how so many are saying it's an open secret and all of Hollywood knows about it while Weinstein's closest associates like Affleck claim they had no idea. I'm convinced everyone knew and that Weinstein is far from being the only one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g70XbYd0bZ8

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Let's get this out here right now. I'm a 23 year old law graduate with an IQ of 155. My political beliefs are liberal and leftist, I listen to Metal and I enjoy violent movies, books and videogames, and I've been a Christian since birth.

This is hilarious. Wasn't he big on gamergate?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

nerdz posted:

This is hilarious. Wasn't he big on gamergate?

At this point I just assume "some youtube person who yells racist slurs"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

More from Reddit:

Anti_Snowflake posted:

I'm not getting it. I'm not going to play a loving video game which is designed to appeal to a bunch of violent, misguided, Anti-American thugs, I don't want to play what's essentially the Far-Left equivalent to Ethnic Cleansing. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_Cleansing_(video_game))

This is inexcusable, AntiFa is violent, it's attempted to take the lives of innocent people, and I'm not playing a video game which praises them or their beliefs. I was so excited for this game and I looked past the Nazis talking about how the resistance was violating their free-speech and the heroic, southern commie who'll fight the evil ideology of Nazism with the heroic ideals of Communist but I AM NOT PLAYING A GAME WHICH LITERALLY USES THE PUNCH A NAZI MEME UN-IRONICALLY!

I normally don’t bother to copy over the names, but I did for this one because of the irony.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
the idea people thought the punching a nazi meme was in any way ironic. :rolleyes:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is especially loving rich.

One of Weinstein's victims? Asia Argento:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/harvey-weinstein-asia-argento-fabrizio-lombardo-1202590176/

That awful petition from a few years ago to go easy on Polanski because, after all, drugging a 13-year-old girl and putting your penis in her while she pleads with you to stop is just a "case of morals" in America, and that he should be allowed to go free because otherwise it might have a chilling effect, what with celebrities losing their freedom to travel for doing things like raping little girls? The one signed by Wes Anderson, Darren Aronofsky, and a bunch of others?

One of the signatories? Asia Argento.

Mu Zeta posted:

At the point at which Seth Macfarlane is hosting the Oscars and making jokes about Weinstein's behavior, yes, they all knew.

Unrelated: Several years ago in Philly there was a case where a few drunken assholes decided to beat up a gay couple. One of the award-winning human beings was Kathryn Knott, who pled not guilty and had the chutzpah to claim at one point she was trying to protect the victims. Turns out the anti-gay statements on her Twitter feed didn't really help her, and she was sentenced to prison and subsequent probation. Anyway, she did her time and was released, where she found that someone in Norristown, Kathleen O’Donnell, had set up a parody account about her.

Must help to have a police chief as a father. She complained about the parody account to daddy, who talked to the DA, who sent a couple of detectives to see O'Donnell. They visited her at work, traveling out of their jurisdiction to do so, and threatened her with arrest and got her fired.

She's suing them all for millions of dollars. Even better: She's suing them in their individual capacities, not their official capacities, so they're on the hook for the judgement themselves. The DA wanted the court to dismiss, pleading absolute immunity. The cops wanted the court to dismiss, pleading qualified immunity, just-following-orders, and I-don't-know-what-the-law-says. The court just said nope, nope, and nope, it's all going to trial. It's a fun read:

http://www.paed.uscourts.gov/documents/opinions/17D0709P.pdf

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I blame Spielberg. This is what happens when you make the first Indiana Jones movie in twenty years and don't have him punching Nazis.

e: For the Nazi thing, not Weinstein. Although maybe the next Indy movie should have him punching Nazis and rapist movie executives.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Platystemon posted:

More from Reddit:

I normally don’t bother to copy over the names, but I did for this one because of the irony.

I like that he's not even mad that it's a game about punching nazis, but that it's using the punching nazis "meme' wrong.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Phanatic posted:

Unrelated: Several years ago in Philly there was a case where a few drunken assholes decided to beat up a gay couple. One of the award-winning human beings was Kathryn Knott, who pled not guilty and had the chutzpah to claim at one point she was trying to protect the victims. Turns out the anti-gay statements on her Twitter feed didn't really help her, and she was sentenced to prison and subsequent probation. Anyway, she did her time and was released, where she found that someone in Norristown, Kathleen O’Donnell, had set up a parody account about her.

Must help to have a police chief as a father. She complained about the parody account to daddy, who talked to the DA, who sent a couple of detectives to see O'Donnell. They visited her at work, traveling out of their jurisdiction to do so, and threatened her with arrest and got her fired.

She's suing them all for millions of dollars. Even better: She's suing them in their individual capacities, not their official capacities, so they're on the hook for the judgement themselves. The DA wanted the court to dismiss, pleading absolute immunity. The cops wanted the court to dismiss, pleading qualified immunity, just-following-orders, and I-don't-know-what-the-law-says. The court just said nope, nope, and nope, it's all going to trial. It's a fun read:

one of those cops is named Martin McDonough :getin:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

china bot posted:

one of those cops is named Martin McDonough :getin:

idgi. (all Google tells me is that it's the name of some minor-league MMA dude?)

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Besesoth posted:

idgi. (all Google tells me is that it's the name of some minor-league MMA dude?)

he's the writer/director of this film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Slugnoid posted:

:siren::siren: turn your volume RIGHT down :siren::siren:

also, open in an incognito window if you don't want your youtube recommendations full of alt right toilet people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFCjqfAXZRg

Well you give the kid credit, he seems to have learned English pretty well in just a few years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYB4v8uThXc

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Phanatic posted:

Yes, inject this straight into my veins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

syscall girl posted:

No one could be that dense. Weinstein and O'Reilly are on a whole different level than Cosby and Polanski.

This didn't age well:

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/oct/01/entertainment/et-polanski1/2

quote:

In an opinion piece in London's the Independent, Weinstein Co. co-founder Harvey Weinstein, who is circulating the pro-Polanski petition, wrote: "Whatever you think about the so-called crime, Polanski has served his time. A deal was made with the judge, and the deal is not being honored. . . . This is the government of the United States not giving its word and recanting on a deal, and it is the government acting irresponsibly and criminally."

In an interview, Weinstein said that people generally misunderstand what happened to Polanski at sentencing. He's not convinced public opinion is running against the filmmaker and dismisses the categorization of Hollywood as amoral. "Hollywood has the best moral compass, because it has compassion," Weinstein said. "We were the people who did the fundraising telethon for the victims of 9/11. We were there for the victims of Katrina and any world catastrophe."

"So-called crime."