Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cause we're gonna shout it loud...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

In Training posted:

Cause we're gonna shout it loud...

No, say that in chaos language, the best version of the song.

Here, have a violin/piano collab of the two songs I linked to at the end of last page.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxDPUZrcwAc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w11INDVbI8w

And everyone go immediately buy Nier:Automata if you haven't.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Speaking of games that hook you in, I knew I was going to love it as soon as you get past the starting sequence and back to the home base. The mood they're able to create with just the use of color and music and limited framing was so good. And then I looked up the track online and was like, "Yep, there's something magical here"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMBScNW_CNc

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ahhh golf story is so good. it's like mario and luigi but the battles are all taking golf shots. enjoying the writing

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Speaking of Mario & Luigi, I started up Paper Jam this weekend and have been enjoying it way more than I ever did Dream Team.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Speaking of Mario and Luigi, why do you think their particular colours (red and green, respectively) were chosen? What does it tell us about their relationship, their personalities, their roles on a meta level?

What about the shapes of their moustaches?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think at the end of the month a Steven Universe game that's a complete Mario and Luigi ripoff is coming out and if it's anything like the mobile game (this is a new game, not just a port of the mobile game) it'll be a really good Mario and Luigi ripoff

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

steven pooniverse

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

as in, poop, not poon

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I've decided I want to play faxanadu

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Evil Within 2 has a sidequest where your big reward is a fuckin' ghost that will continue to haunt you throughout the game like the ghost in the mansion level of the first game did.

It might be my favorite sidequest in recent memory just because of how hilarious that is.

Please don't tell me that said ghost will one shot you if they get near you like Ruvik did in the first game. In fact, please tell if there's anything like that at all in TWE2.

That crap drove me crazy and made me uninstall the first game without finishing it, that whole segment in TEW1 is a huge buzzkill.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

lets hang out posted:

I've decided I want to play faxanadu

this thing exists if you're interested in giving it a try

https://heroesoflegend.org/affiliate-projects/faxanadu/

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Nate RFB posted:

Late replay but while I don't necessarily disagree, I think I still would take the bulk of ZTD's story over the bulk of DR1/2's story. ZTD's ending is unequivocally worse than at least DR1's but I still like that setting/cast more. And in the end if I'm honest, I mostly like that series on the back of 999/VLR anyway. ZTD coming out at all was a nice surprise but a part of me honestly kind of liked leaving it all at the Empire Strikes Back cliffhanger in VLR.

The thing is, DR1 dug a lot of its own grave with its twist. While the wham line in 999 (You haven't lost.... I have lost.) is fully explained by the end, even though it does require a lot of weird supernatural stuff to be injected at the last minute, DR1's mid-game surprise (Monoworld) is never addressed. And VLR managed to roll with the twist while making the supernatural stuff much fairer by tying it to the game's main play mechanic, while DR2 was presumably pressured to bring back Junko as the villain because moe! and tore itself and the series apart trying to explain how a fashion mad schoolgirl took over the world by "despairing". It's a shame, because DR almost felt like it was about to go proper Battle Royale and make a societal point about selective education, but I guess that got dropped the moment cafes started selling cocktails with wafers shaped like the characters' pigtails.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Colonel posted:

oh cool, thanks

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
on second thought maybe don't bother with that patch

al-azad
May 28, 2009

hyphz posted:

The thing is, DR1 dug a lot of its own grave with its twist. While the wham line in 999 (You haven't lost.... I have lost.) is fully explained by the end, even though it does require a lot of weird supernatural stuff to be injected at the last minute, DR1's mid-game surprise (Monoworld) is never addressed. And VLR managed to roll with the twist while making the supernatural stuff much fairer by tying it to the game's main play mechanic, while DR2 was presumably pressured to bring back Junko as the villain because moe! and tore itself and the series apart trying to explain how a fashion mad schoolgirl took over the world by "despairing". It's a shame, because DR almost felt like it was about to go proper Battle Royale and make a societal point about selective education, but I guess that got dropped the moment cafes started selling cocktails with wafers shaped like the characters' pigtails.

I don't know know what you mean about DR1 going unexplained, they certainly do so, although it took the anime to explain how all this poo poo went global and the result is basically no less plausible than 999.

VR3 is totally a reaction to the series' success. The least spoilery way I can describe the ending is that it's Funny Games except it actually makes a cogent point instead of pure nihilism. I haven't played a game that so beautifully puts a bow on the series and I'll be pretty dismissive if it's brought back in the same form.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sweetgrass posted:

Please don't tell me that said ghost will one shot you if they get near you like Ruvik did in the first game. In fact, please tell if there's anything like that at all in TWE2.

That crap drove me crazy and made me uninstall the first game without finishing it, that whole segment in TEW1 is a huge buzzkill.

It moves really slowly. Also you should finish the first game and play the second one it's fantastic.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Colonel posted:

I was looking at these images and thinking "This doesn't look like how I remember Faxanadu at all!"
and then I realized all these years I'd had it mixed up with The Magic of Scherazade.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yo check out this gif

Alright cool just thought you should see it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

thanks for the gif

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
for a second I thought vaan wasn't moving, which would have greatly improved the gif imo

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

he ain't even mad about being murdered

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

CJacobs posted:

Yo check out this gif

Alright cool just thought you should see it

Cactuar put on weight.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Video game gifs rule

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Here are more cactoids dancing, thanks for viewing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

Video game gifs rule

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://i.imgur.com/IGF3fJ2.mp4

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

edit: and the less flattering version

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
idk who came up with the butterfly molesting and lightning dodging minigames for FFX but they're the worst people in the world. The Worst!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Is there a video game gifs thread? There's one for screenshots but since most are sources from Steam they don't load at work. Gifs though, gifs I can do.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

E: Aw it doesn't loop

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 16, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

VideoGames posted:

I have been trying something slightly different. I am not sure why but I get a restless with avatars and online descriptors. It is a bizarre thing! (Though I did enjoy when I was called KirbySuperscare and I had that avatar of Bayonneta's legs attached to Kirby!)

Wow... who would just shorten their name and put an exclamation point on it like that...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Mods please change my name to CJ! (don't actually, it's what my mom calls me)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Look at these jebs

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Is that Eastern Mind or the sequel?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CJacobs posted:

Mods please change my name to CJ! (don't actually, it's what my mom calls me)

Mom, disappointed: All you had to do was follow the drat train, CJ!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Olive! posted:

Mom, disappointed: All you had to do was follow the drat train, CJ!

That mission was my living nightmare, it was as if Big Smoke was reaching out of the video game to yell directly at me. The most immersive video game experience I've ever had, truly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

Is there a video game gifs thread? There's one for screenshots but since most are sources from Steam they don't load at work. Gifs though, gifs I can do.

There’s a video game glitch thread, it has a lot of fun gifs. I’m phone posting so I can’t link it :(

• Locked thread