Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
112 farm as Kayle is nothing. Also, ward more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Bleck posted:

13/1/5 as Kayle, A rank. Was 112 farm not enough?

no? thats like the amount of farm you get by accident if you're running away from creeps all game

RealFoxy posted:

If the game was under 20 minutes, yes.

112 in even 15 minutes is pretty bad

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

112 farm as Kayle is nothing. Also, ward more.

I'm pretty sure wards don't matter toward your ranking. I've seen people get S ranks with no wards placed. 20 minute, 30 minute games.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I love League of Legends

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Triple-Kan posted:

I'm pretty sure wards don't matter toward your ranking. I've seen people get S ranks with no wards placed. 20 minute, 30 minute games.
The score is intentionally ambiguous so people don't take advantage of it but generally your warding is compared to other players at your approximate skill level doing the same things, so if you're playing Yasuo mid placing 3 wards will probably get you an S rank but if you're playing utility mid they tend to ward more often

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

RealFoxy posted:

The score is intentionally ambiguous so people don't take advantage of it but generally your warding is compared to other players at your approximate skill level doing the same things, so if you're playing Yasuo mid placing 3 wards will probably get you an S rank but if you're playing utility mid they tend to ward more often
Pretty sure all it cares about it champ, K/D/A, and CS/time, across the champ.

Given I don't have a smurf I don't know about how the ratings work at low levels, but I know the weighting above is heavily favored since champs that both lane and jungle (e.g. J4) are heavily skewed in favor of S+ grading in lanes. That is, you can be 11/1/5 in a 20 minute game but if you only have 50CS you getting slapped with an A or B.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Reminder that you're rated against the top scores that champ puts up, so on Kayle if you pick up a high kda but you're not a literal farm vacuum you're gonna take a hit to your rating

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I like league of legends but sometimes it really peeves me off. I grinded a buddy up to plat, stopped playing for a couple of months, and now I'm bad again. This is BULLCRAP!!

E: I was always bad :(

KicksYouInHalf fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 15, 2017

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I like league of legends but sometimes it really peeves me off. I grinded a buddy up to plat, stopped playing for a couple of months, and now I'm bad again. This is BULLCRAP!!

E: I was always bad :(

me too except i stopped playing for like a year so i am now turbo fail

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Hello, I played with one of my Bronze coworkers again today, and a friend of his who is unranked. We went 2/2 and I made the enemy surrender both times with my S rank Wukong and Karma "skills". I also got an otherwise toxic Akali to sing my praises. Thanks, Bronze league. I needed the self esteem boost.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 15, 2017

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
All the cool kids seem to be running barrier on ADC + heal on support now. What's the deal, theory crafters?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

el dingo posted:

All the cool kids seem to be running barrier on ADC + heal on support now. What's the deal, theory crafters?

Pro play, I think. The idea is that Barrier + Heal is the safest secondary summoner combo that allows you to just farm lane and ideally make it to late game stage since all the 'in-meta' ADCs are hypercarries/all the 'in-meta' supports are Ardent users. So Barrier/Heal keeps you from eating poo poo and losing lane too hard and makes you nigh-impossible to threaten without huge coordinated dives.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That has been the pro thing, though I've seen it on early game ADCs in pro as well so it's not entirely about safe scaling.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

el dingo posted:

Heal is affected by heal power buffs and applies ardent censer and windspeakers, so it's unambiguously better for the support to use it than the ADC. Double heal doesn't work because when you get summoner healed you get a debuff that makes any more summoner heals weaker for a while. Exhaust got nerfed in 7.5 so that it doesn't debuff AS or resists, so unless they have a champion that bursts really hard and has to do their damage in a small window from quite close (like a Zed or something) generally barrier's flat health ends up being more useful on the adc. If Twitch is ulting or Trist is level 18 or whatever, your adc won't be in exhaust range anyway.

This is only in proplay tho because gently caress trusting your support to heal in solo queue

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 16, 2017

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Barrier also comes up a full minute faster, and can't have its effect reduced by grievous wounds, which is ubiquitous thanks to the new thornmail.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Barrier also comes up a full minute faster, and can't have its effect reduced by grievous wounds, which is ubiquitous thanks to the new thornmail.

And Morellos. Someone has one of those items every game it seems

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

My ADC asked me to take Heal over Exhaust and I had a perfect game and they went 7/2.

Conclusive evidence (to just keep your delicate flower of an ADC happy)

But when most supports are building Censer and Redemption anyway Heal is actually a pretty nice choice all round.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Rygar201 posted:

And Morellos. Someone has one of those items every game it seems

Morellos is pretty much in every game because it's unambiguously the best first item for like 90% of traditional mages due to its mix of massive AP, high CDR, mana regen passive, and, yes, Grievous Wounds. It's also the only item that builds out of Lost Chapter which is one of the best bang-for-you-buck partial AP items. There's not really a comparative AP item that gives you what Morello's does (AP powerspike, high mana sustain/cooldown reduction) without the GW, like Lord Dominik's vs Mortal Reminder.

That might change in the post-preseason patch since I know Riot has wanted to do an AP Itemization pass for a while now and are aware of the problems Morello's creates in the AP item space but :shrug: who knows how long that'll take.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 16, 2017

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'd say morello's vanity item being popular is in a large part due to lost chapter + d ring passive nerf. Lost chapter is so vital for traditional mages in laning that you sort of are compelled to rush the full item because what, are you going to do lost chapter and then build into something else which might well include a codex? Just finish morello

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
20% CDR and 100 AP is massive in a single item. That included with a huge pool of mana, an amazing mana restoration passive for teamfights, and grievous wounds makes Morello an obvious choice for almost every mage that likes CDR/Mana. Just about the only mage I can think of that skips Morello is Annie because she doesn't need CDR or Mana to do her job.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I'm not really sure what they can do to fix the root of the issue without adjusting mages as a whole so that mana regen from items is a luxury and not a necessity. Otherwise people are just going to figure out which one has the best combination of power and efficient build path and then we'll have 90% of mages building that item instead of Morellos.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It was actually a little different back when death fire grasp was in the game, or at least I think so.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Morellos used to be 100% mana Regen, 80 AP, and non-unique 20% CDR, it's always kind of been a problem in some way or another. I think reducing it back to 80 AP would be a decent start - 100 AP is just too drat much for an item as stat loaded as Morellos is natively.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Morellos makes mages more enjoyable to play and it's only a problem if those champs are outperforming others. If you want more build diversity then make 2 or 3 slightly different versions of it like with the zeal items.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

On some level they must be okay with just pushing every mage onto Morellos though - when they realized Taliyah was doing too much damage consistently, their solution wasn't "reduce her damage," it was "increase her mana costs." And since she obviously would never build Athene's....well, what's up Morellos.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tales of Woe posted:

Morellos makes mages more enjoyable to play and it's only a problem if those champs are outperforming others. If you want more build diversity then make 2 or 3 slightly different versions of it like with the zeal items.

making Lost Chapter the Zeal of AP items would honestly be the best possible route they could take, since Fiendish Codex just doesn't have the stat weight to be that item.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Morellos is also great item because it fucks tanks who get a lot of regen in fights (WW, maokai, darius, for example).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Monathin posted:

making Lost Chapter the Zeal of AP items would honestly be the best possible route they could take, since Fiendish Codex just doesn't have the stat weight to be that item.

I agree. Just give like, 3-4 different mana options that you can pick from with varying effects and you're golden.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
i only purchase items that are DTF

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

I like olaf mid. Zero wind up time, unlike anivia where you're useless for the first 15 minutes of the game.

That xin camped me so hard, but if you're olaf you can just 1v2.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 17, 2017

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I like this game but the more heroes I buy the closer I come to the realization that eventually I'm gonna run out of cheap heroes and saving 4800+ IP for a new one will take weeks, and I refuse to spend a single cent in a f2p pay to win scheme.

Thank god they're getting rid of runes, but would it kill them to drop their prices a little? A 5 year old hero shouldn't cost as much as one released today.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Elman posted:

I like this game but the more heroes I buy the closer I come to the realization that eventually I'm gonna run out of cheap heroes and saving 4800+ IP for a new one will take weeks, and I refuse to spend a single cent in a f2p pay to win scheme.

Thank god they're getting rid of runes, but would it kill them to drop their prices a little? A 5 year old hero shouldn't cost as much as one released today.
They're slowly dropping prices of older heroes like every two months or so down to 4800 but yeah, there was a while where they'd release a new champion every month so there's still a LOT of champions to go before it gets to the modern ones

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Additionally once the new system kicks I think you will get chests (containing champ shards sometimes) as you level. Sounds like the lower level you are, the more you get champion related stuff whereas people who have been playing longer will get more vanity focussed stuff

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Methanar posted:

I like olaf mid. Zero wind up time, unlike anivia where you're useless for the first 15 minutes of the game.

tell king cob web that olaf mid is in fact as good as i always told him it was please

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
hey guys i love playing sivir !!

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Got my first penta!

Started playing in 2009...

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Methanar posted:

Build path And runes/masteries?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

rabidsquid posted:

tell king cob web that olaf mid is in fact as good as i always told him it was please

ive also told him this. he has dumb opinions on olaf, maybe mid

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lovechop posted:

hey guys i love playing sivir !!
Sivir is good.

sucks to your rear end-mar posted:

Got my first penta!

Started playing in 2009...
I got my second a few days ago after almost 6 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sexpansion posted:

Build path And runes/masteries?

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=casterminion

edit wait why doesnt op.gg have builds anymore?

edit 2 oh it was a normal

• Locked thread