Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some of my favorite bits of the above clips are Saitama's animation; the way he moves is so... Normal. Casual. Kind of lame even, like when he's running in the Genos fight. It wonderfully demonstrates how he has no real training or particular skill, he is just ludicrously powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The lack of serious Saitama animation is what make the fight with the subterraneans so good. It's one of the few times where he's animated like a real anime protagonist, and is able to have an actual fight, and of course it's just a dream.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Roland Jones posted:

Some of my favorite bits of the above clips are Saitama's animation; the way he moves is so... Normal. Casual. Kind of lame even, like when he's running in the Genos fight. It wonderfully demonstrates how he has no real training or particular skill, he is just ludicrously powerful.

There's another wonderful segment of this in the anime where genos and saitama are running through a forest and Genos runs like an anime ninja with his hands behind his back and leaning forward while saitama is doing this super goofy regular jog - but at superspeed. It's wonderful

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Zzulu posted:

There's another wonderful segment of this in the anime where genos and saitama are running through a forest and Genos runs like an anime ninja with his hands behind his back and leaning forward while saitama is doing this super goofy regular jog - but at superspeed. It's wonderful

A still doesn't really do this justice

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Boros vs Saitama is probably one of the most wonderful fights I've seen, period. Because it's a completely one sided fight with a 100% known outcome but I actually started rooting for Boros to just "deal some damage" which would probably be great for Saitama as well :psyduck:

It's SUCH a strangely hype fight

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Zzulu posted:

Boros vs Saitama is probably one of the most wonderful fights I've seen, period. Because it's a completely one sided fight with a 100% known outcome but I actually started rooting for Boros to just "deal some damage" which would probably be great for Saitama as well :psyduck:

It's SUCH a strangely hype fight

Its entirely this, Saitama wants to relieve the old days, when he would bleed and get smashed around while fighting a monster.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
A fight where you go :stare: simply because the bad guy DIDN'T immediately explode into a shower of gore when he got punched the first two times and then you go :catstare: simply because when the bad guy actually does explode into a shower of gore he literally pulls himself together again out of sheer willpower and goes super saiyan while the hopeful protagonist music swells up in the background

It's so good

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Zzulu posted:

And then in later arcs (meteor, I think?) we see that Genos has adopted his master's far more practical running technique, while holding a suitcase.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Keeshhound posted:

And then in later arcs (meteor, I think?) we see that Genos has adopted his master's far more practical running technique, while holding a suitcase.

Genos may be kind of a dweeb, but he is also a very good boy who learns from his mistakes and pays attention to his superiors.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
One thing I never noticed until it was pointed out: After Boros punches Saitama through the pillars, a single frame before his dropkick will hit Saitama you see Saitama rocket up out of frame.

Also one thing the anime did really good was the parallels between Boros and Saitama's dream. When they did the heartbeat thing I literally yelled.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Aside from the parallel mentioned, my favorite bit of the Saitama vs Boros fight was how the anime implied Serious Punch's impact reached the other side of the planet by cutting to a grassy field waving in the middle of the night.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The sky splitting across the entire globe didn't get that across?

I don't think I noticed the grass though, neat catch.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ONE has said that Saitama could destroy half of the universe with one punch if he threw at full strength. I would imagine the only reason is that it's only half the universe is because he can't punch in a 360 degree angle.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
He does have two hands.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

that would be two punches.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

So we merely need to find someone who can withstand a concentrated force capable of destroying the universe for Saitama to find a good fight, then

:stare:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Fartbox posted:

So we merely need to find someone who can withstand a concentrated force capable of destroying the universe for Saitama to find a good fight, then

EzEight posted:

He does have two hands.

he could punch himself

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

where the red fern gropes posted:

he could punch himself

whoa

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Saitama vs Bizarro Saitama

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Bizarro Saitama am train with Air Conditioning on at all times

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Zark the Damned posted:

Bizarro Saitama am train with Air Conditioning on at all times
Bizzaro Saitama am do 100 pull ups, 100 good mornings, 100 handstand pushups, and swim 1km every day. For dinner have one graperfruit.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bizarro Saitama and the search for an easy fight.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Bizarro Saitama and the search for an easy fight.

crush mosquito, mission accomplished

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The Saitama who'd feel inordinately accomplished for crushing a mosquito is just regular Saitama.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Yeah, I think :thejoke: was that an ordinary mosquite would be Bizarro Saitama's easiest fight.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

where the red fern gropes posted:

crush mosquito, mission accomplished
Mosquitos.... rock

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Would Bizarro Saitama have hair?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Fargin Icehole posted:

Would Bizarro Saitama have hair?

Too much hair.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/920546826645671936

poor mosquito girl. also,

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/920536917388562432

MiniFoo fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 18, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Real heroes wouldn't bully poor mosquito-chan :mad:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mosquitoes are poo poo and I gladly endorse killing every mosquito, no matter how cute one is.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That mosquito had a great butt

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

a kitten posted:

Real heroes wouldn't bully poor mosquito-chan :mad:

I'd say it's a better fate than being smashed into a building so hard that she explodes.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Hate-Senpai posted:

Mosquitoes are poo poo and I gladly endorse killing every mosquito, no matter how cute one is.

^^^^^^

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/920604441534873601
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/920620998315012096
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/920626745090252800

some good doc browns

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I like that he draws George as very obviously a nervous goober, but Marty as basically a discarded concept for Shin from Eyeshield 21. Definitely some good Docs, though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Love that "remember me eddie" face.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Is he drawing Doc Browns to practice for the inevitable face reveal of Metal Knight??!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Feed your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
ONE's storyboard for the latest chapters.

https://imgur.com/a/z2xZa