Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Amuys posted:

So would Chaos Dwarves be a lot like Dark Elves mechanics wise? Also, are they aligned with the big 4 or do they just kinda do their own thing?

Chaos dwarves will almost certainly get a version of slavery. They're completely unaligned with the four gods, they follow their own deity, like the skaven. Hashut's things are fire, brass and bulls. Doesn't give a drat about combat, likes industry and fire. Because of this the Chaos Dwarves are the single most gun and artillery heavy race in the game. (Don't know if they'd be the most gun-heavy faction though, as they have to use lots of greenskin slaves)

Kainser posted:

Some have been datamined. Vampires get a unique building in Mousillon and dwarves get one that buffs gyrocopters somewhere.

toasterwarrior posted:

I'm guessing the latter is in Zhufbar; that Karak is particularly known for technological advances.

It's in Kraz-A-Karak, actually, according to Honga

NewMars fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

deathbagel posted:

In my High Elf campaign I united all the hostile Ulthuan factions then went right into Canada and started taking all the DE lands (and norsca and pirates) and I never had a problem with public order at all. Though, High Elves seem to be a lot better than the Dark Elves at public order.

Public order is easier as Tyrion than Teclis. High elves basically don't get any unique buildings in Lustria aside from the elven port colonies and they don't have easy access to wine for the +public order research. That plus the fact that you'll be dealing with skaven corruption until you can muster the forces to go stick your fingers in Skrolk's eyes means you'll probably be dealing with uprisings on occasion if you're playing on any difficulty beyond hard on a Teclis game.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

deathbagel posted:

In my High Elf campaign I united all the hostile Ulthuan factions then went right into Canada and started taking all the DE lands (and norsca and pirates) and I never had a problem with public order at all. Though, High Elves seem to be a lot better than the Dark Elves at public order.

How did you do that? There's like 3 factions with the -30 Aversion malus for diplomacy and I can't think of a way other than dumping all of my influence into them and not decent lords to make up for that.

Unless you mean "united" as like, at the point of a sword. That I can see working.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I can train level 11 mages in Saphery as Tyrion after uniting Ulthuan and confederating with Teclis. +7 from the White Tower, +2 from research and +2 from Teclis' unique item. If I had done it the other way around, they would be level 16! Can't wait to play with this in the ME campaign.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Is there a list of unique buildings for each faction yet?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

RBA-Wintrow posted:

Red climate provinces need a lot of +public order effects. You can make them worth your time and effort, but you'll need to invest heavily into them. An occupying force to beat up rebels periodically is often required.

I usually don't bother. The downsides and needed investment in turns aren't worth it unless the province has something I really, really want. A goldmine or strategic location for example.

I took Albion in my Tyrion campaign because the norse were being huge bitches with all the raiding, and yea, it was a huge pain to try and build up the province to the point where I didn't need an army sitting there, especially since you can't build walls there.. Then I realised I can just sit outside the settlement, let the rebellion happen, then smash the rebels while they only have 4-5 units. Rinse and repeat and I've got quite a good xp farm going for my army.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

NeurosisHead posted:

How did you do that? There's like 3 factions with the -30 Aversion malus for diplomacy and I can't think of a way other than dumping all of my influence into them and not decent lords to make up for that.

Unless you mean "united" as like, at the point of a sword. That I can see working.

When they Ally with Dark Elf factions to attack. They no longer count as High Elves.

Maybe it was more a case of united all the true High Elves?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
e: Wrong thread

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I hope they go back and make the core races red Lord skills structured little the wh2 lords because I really like it. So for dwarves it could be like this :

Axe Lord:Bonuses to Miners Warriors and Longbeards
Tactical Acumen: Bonuses quarrelers, Thunderers, and grudge throwers.
Powderkeg : Bonuses to cannon, organ gun, Irondrakes and flame cannon
Thwoppa Thwoppa: Bonuses to gyrocopters
Grimnir's Heirs: Bonuses to Hammerers, Slayers, and Ironbreakers

Then the tier 2 upgrades that require rank 7 veterancy:

Shield runes: Bonus missile block, melee defense, and magic resist for all shielded units.
Grimnir's Might: Bonus vigor, weapon strength, and bonus vs large for all two handed weapons and Slayers.
Artillery Spotters: Bonus accuracy, splash radius and splash damage to all artillery units.
Always Prepared: Bonus ammunition, rate of fire and 50% charge resistance vs large for all missile units.
Gyro Aces: Bonus vs flying units, missile resist, and speed for all gyrocopter units

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
High Elves get so impossibly wrecked by Skaven in online battles. I'm still not sure how to handle this

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
Someone earlier was saying how good Warp Lightning (Ruin) is if you can tie a unit down with summoned rats. Well, looks like they were right. Doubly so if the units you're targeting are jammed in a bunch on a wall, having come out of a siege tower.
EDIT: Sorry for huge image

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Truecon420 posted:

Someone earlier was saying how good Warp Lightning (Ruin) is if you can tie a unit down with summoned rats. Well, looks like they were right. Doubly so if the units you're targeting are jammed in a bunch on a wall, having come out of a siege tower.
EDIT: Sorry for huge image

This is a work of art, but also showcases the magic kill-count bug, namely, that magic kills don't count for the wizard.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

NeurosisHead posted:

I definitely meant at the point of my sword/boot. I like to think of it as force-annexing them instead of conquering my HE brethren! The only groups that didn't either ally me (and get confederated pretty quickly) or get force-annexed was Avelorn and Chrace and I eventually managed to get them to like me enough to confederate.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm so torn over high elf campaigns. On one hand I really love all of their campaign mechanics: spying on trade partners, balancing spending influence on covert diplomacy vs awesome lords, it all works really well. But the armies you field are just so loving boring for so long, I'm so sick of efficient spearmen + archer stacks; at least dwarf campaigns in 1 let me mix in cannons and thunderers and longbeards early on without feeling like I'm gimping myself by not picking more warriors and quarrelers.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
It's such a shame the screaming bell doesn't ring. If it were me, I'd turn the passive buff into an active 13 second buff with 13 uses, and make the bell ring real loud every time.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Grumio posted:

It's such a shame the screaming bell doesn't ring. If it were me, I'd turn the passive buff into an active 13 second buff with 13 uses, and make the bell ring real loud every time.

It does, it's just quiet

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
You get a really good bell ringing noise when you cast The Dreaded Thirteenth, as well.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I'm so torn over high elf campaigns. On one hand I really love all of their campaign mechanics: spying on trade partners, balancing spending influence on covert diplomacy vs awesome lords, it all works really well. But the armies you field are just so loving boring for so long, I'm so sick of efficient spearmen + archer stacks; at least dwarf campaigns in 1 let me mix in cannons and thunderers and longbeards early on without feeling like I'm gimping myself by not picking more warriors and quarrelers.

Sea guard are cool though and you can get cavalry really early on? And then later you get eagles and dragons what's not to like.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Sea Guard are great, I like that they benefit from many spear and bow upgrades. They work well on walls since they do decently in melee. High Elves bow and spear core is excellent for defending walled settlements, and have it augmented by good magic as well.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Sea guard are cool though and you can get cavalry really early on? And then later you get eagles and dragons what's not to like.

Eh I get where he's coming from. Like Spear/archer spam is the majority of your time with a HE campaign. Sea Boys being archer and spears doesn't really change it up that much beyond how much fire power you can bring. Yeah you can get eagles and dragons but it doesn't feel that fun? Compared to like the DE where your power unit is Shades and shades are real fun to use and hydras which are just fantastic.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Sea guard are cool units for sure, but when your entire early game is spearmen + archers, your new unit being a spearman with a bow isn't exactly thrilling. The late game stuff with dragons and phoenix guard is cool too, it just takes too long to get there imho. My complaints apply more to Teclis than Tyrion, but at least Teclis isn't fighting elves for the first 100 turns

The good takeaway from all this is that the missing units from the roster is a lot of their mid-tier options, like the good chariots and shadow warriors, so once the FLC starts coming this will probably get better

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 17, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sedisp posted:

Eh I get where he's coming from. Like Spear/archer spam is the majority of your time with a HE campaign. Sea Boys being archer and spears doesn't really change it up that much beyond how much fire power you can bring. Yeah you can get eagles and dragons but it doesn't feel that fun? Compared to like the DE where your power unit is Shades and shades are real fun to use and hydras which are just fantastic.

Its true I guess. But IDK I just have a great time having the best loving archers on the planet and then having a few dudes of this and that to play defense for them. That's what high elves should be IMO.

Reminds me of playing Rampart in HoMM.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Sea guard are cool units for sure, but when your entire early game is spearmen + archers, your new unit being a spearman with a bow isn't exactly thrilling. The late game stuff with dragons and phoenix guard is cool too, it just takes too long to get there imho. My complaints apply more to Teclis than Tyrion, but at least Teclis isn't fighting elves for the first 100 turns

Yeah that is fair. But cavalry aren't hard to fast tech into if you want some variety.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
With tomb kings on the horizon I wonder what their plan is for chariots. I don't really find any chariots worth bringing except for the monster ap chariots that Chaos get.

For everyone else id just as well bring cavalry instead. Cav can charge just as well plus they can tie up large single targets (giants/dragons) to prevent escape.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Chariots are good, they just require way too much micro for me to ever bother with.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It doesn't take long to build a glade with Teclis.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I don't bother with chariots most of the time because like you said, too much micro, just do cav instead. But chariots are wicked good against elves.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Captain Beans posted:

With tomb kings on the horizon I wonder what their plan is for chariots. I don't really find any chariots worth bringing except for the monster ap chariots that Chaos get.

For everyone else id just as well bring cavalry instead. Cav can charge just as well plus they can tie up large single targets (giants/dragons) to prevent escape.

I liked doomwheels until I realized they had a nemesis: stairs

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Captain Beans posted:

Would larger units than the current 3-on-Large-unit-size help, do you think? Because one of the main things that set TK chariots apart in tabletop was that on top of being one of a few factions able to field Chariots as a Core unit (Beastmen could as well), they were also one of few (the only?) faction that could actually field a large amount of chariots as a single unit - the aforementioned Core unit type Beastmen chariot was a solo unit, while TK chariots were iirc 3+ in a unit.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Tomb Kings Chariots were extra hilarious due to their magic letting them endlessly raise destroyed chariots (and anything else)

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Ralepozozaxe posted:

This is a work of art, but also showcases the magic kill-count bug, namely, that magic kills don't count for the wizard.

I'm pretty sure they do, unless my Teclis killed 800 Skaven with his sword

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Some spells count, some doesn't. Direct damage spells like Melkoth's Mystifying Miasma doesn't count but vortex/wind spells does.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The easiest DE win is to just focus all your energy on destroying the high elves since the other factions can't ritual as fast as them. Malekith is having a very fun time in the land of rainbows and sunshine sacking and looting poo poo from his new FOB Naggarythe.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Finished my lizardman campaign in TW2 and fell back in love with the game. Went back to TW1 and I can't find a faction that I really wanna play.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I wonder how Dark Elves will get Black Arks in mortal empires without the rift at makes them. Probably some building like a high level port.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I wonder how Dark Elves will get Black Arks in mortal empires without the rift at makes them. Probably some building like a high level port.
I think the WH2 factions keep their Rites, but they aren't giving rites to WH1 factions.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Really want mortal empires. I've got the bug bad, boys. Dorfos were my first playthrough and I want to play them again in the big bad world. Are new start positions modifiable? Can you start in that dwarfpile in south lustria?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Ralepozozaxe posted:

What I hope they keep is the Ritual resource but use that as a resource for their rites. This gives them some unique resources similar to Wood Elf Amber that they can try and obtain in Diplomacy, and gives the option of having some of the 4 core race territories potentially rich in these areas giving you incentives to go across the ocean and steal that sweet, sweet, Interdimensional Cocaine.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't care as long as I can build a big loving money pit under karaz a karak and never leave the region unless someone really pisses me off.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

JBP posted:

I don't care as long as I can build a big loving money pit under karaz a karak and never leave the region unless someone really pisses me off.

Some of that gold had been previously melted down from some Tomb King's Royal Chamber Pot and he's gonna be hellbent on throwing a hundred chariot demolition derby at you to get it back. Hope you likely skellingtons rocking like an Egyptian by doing donuts all over your formations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Panfilo posted:

Some of that gold had been previously melted down from some Tomb King's Royal Chamber Pot and he's gonna be hellbent on throwing a hundred chariot demolition derby at you to get it back. Hope you likely skellingtons rocking like an Egyptian by doing donuts all over your formations!

The Hammer of Algrim is rightfully a trophy of war belonging to King Alkharad of Mahrak, and the claims to the contrary by the stunted whelps of Karak Azul are completely illegitimate!