Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
I’ve never had a bad game with TCjimbo. There I said it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

tcjimbo is a fine hots player and a terrible human being

so it depends what you're looking for out of your games

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Haven't played in about 18 months. What's the most important stuff to catch up on?

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Loot boxes and overwatch characters.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

surfboard mounts, kel'thuzad, and tychus' crotch bulge

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Beware Garrosh.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
My problem with Jimbo is that he comes across as always pissed, and that's frustrating even when he's right.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Man I can't believe I'm still hearing about tcjimbo in 2017. I quit dota and hon years and years ago (like 2014?) and even back then it was real bad

and DnC is still a bit abrasive.

It's like i never stopped playing mobas in the first place :q:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Idk I think the part about jimbo people have trouble with is that his voice and mannerisms sound like a really normal person so you don't brush off him being mad like you would some obvious weirdo with a total nerd voice.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

No voice helps when all he does is whine passive-aggressively, at least it's all they ever did in Dota.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Actually the problem i have with tcjimbo is his misogyny
dont let one racist shitheel be the golden standard of players that dont play with tcjimbo

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

jimbo said i was wrong for picking a main healer because someone else picked tyrande after me. that's my story.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
I out some idiot for sexualizing Oprah and using the n-word and it turns into an attack on my character. No wonder people didn't out Harvey Weinstein.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

not the sanctity of oprah!!

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

you made more than one post and mine is in reference to the one not about the racist goon that got rightly probated

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Today I had the restraint to win several ranked games in a row and not keep playing :)

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I would rather hear tcjimbo lambast me for bad decisions than hear another mouth breather scream about how he needs the nana boost while he unleashes the dragon only to die and poo poo about not getting the graviton surge and or what ever other support he was demanding and then leaving games in overwatch.

Jimbo may act/be a shitter but there is far worse fates.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

why didn't you heal me

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Finally, the best hero is finally coming to the Nexus tomorrow. Instead of throwing fools over a wall I will now launch them over

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Maiev isn't slated till next year

...I hope.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Macaluso posted:

Finally, the best hero is finally coming to the Nexus tomorrow. Instead of throwing fools over a wall I will now launch them over

Enjoy launching enemies until level 13 when your mine goes on "only use on yourself" mode

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

appropriatemetaphor posted:

why didn't you heal me

team???

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

tcjimbo posted:

I out some idiot for sexualizing Oprah and using the n-word and it turns into an attack on my character. No wonder people didn't out Harvey Weinstein.

It seems much like Weinstein years of being unpleasant to people has come to haunt you.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Anyone else get a bizarre performance hit recently? Suddenly my frames are dropping to ~40 randomly and stuttering in team fights? Audio also randomly goes out for like 1 second. Could be something funky with the latest nvidia drivers?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Anyone else get a bizarre performance hit recently? Suddenly my frames are dropping to ~40 randomly and stuttering in team fights? Audio also randomly goes out for like 1 second. Could be something funky with the latest nvidia drivers?

I'm doing fine with two monitors running at maxed graphics 1440p.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Does halloween start this week too?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Somebody please tell me how to counter Chromie if I'm playing solo queue. I will learn a new character, I don't care. I am just so tired of escaping a teamfight to lick my wounds and getting loving nuked from the fog of war.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Pick someone with dive like Anub. Or pick Nazeebo. New Muradin should be great too.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

Somebody please tell me how to counter Chromie if I'm playing solo queue. I will learn a new character, I don't care. I am just so tired of escaping a teamfight to lick my wounds and getting loving nuked from the fog of war.

Run serpentine patterns.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Dietrich posted:

Run serpentine patterns.

This works unless she loops you. Also try not to stand near your minion waves in the early game. Her only wave clear is also her biggest nuke and it has a fairly long cooldown, make her choose between clearing minions and poking you.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Dietrich posted:

Run serpentine patterns.

I try to and sometimes it works but it's not always a real solution. In teamfights trying to dodge around chromie's poo poo will probably get you killed by someone else and if she's in the fog of war there's no way to tell she's even there.

bamhand posted:

Pick someone with dive like Anub. Or pick Nazeebo. New Muradin should be great too.

Yeah I need to learn Anub I think. I've been playing some Nazeebo but he's squishy enough that if you get caught by her mine she can probably just end you with her combo.

I think that really sums up my issues with that character. It's just not fun to play against a hero with invisible traps who can do so much damage as soon as it ends that you are either dead straight up or have to flee and hope one of her teammates doesn't finish you off.

Doing some more research, it looks like Tyrael is also considered a good counter. I can actually play some Tyrael so he'll probably be my "gently caress you chromie" pick from now on.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 17, 2017

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah I need to learn Anub I think. I've been playing some Nazeebo but he's squishy enough that if you get caught by her mine she can probably just end you with her combo.

Take superstition at 13.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I find butcher to be a decent chromie stopper.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

bamhand posted:

Take superstition at 13.

Also, Nazeebo is not squishy unless you are really bad at building his trait stacks. When you see Chromie stop moving, put a wall around her. Her cast animation is long enough that she will not be able to avoid being trapped. Then throw spiders in there and spam frogs. Dead chromie.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Seebach posted:

I find butcher to be a decent chromie stopper.

Oof, I tried that last night and got absolutely reamed as a result. Problem with butcher is if you try and charge her and hit a mine you are fuuuuuucked.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Dietrich posted:

Also, Nazeebo is not squishy unless you are really bad at building his trait stacks. When you see Chromie stop moving, put a wall around her. Her cast animation is long enough that she will not be able to avoid being trapped. Then throw spiders in there and spam frogs. Dead chromie.

Good idea, I'll give that a try.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

PantsBandit posted:

Oof, I tried that last night and got absolutely reamed as a result. Problem with butcher is if you try and charge her and hit a mine you are fuuuuuucked.

90% of the time, if your hero has a charge move, save it. Mount up and approach from a bush. Hamstring, auto a couple times, then charge after their cc/escape is down. That way, if you walk into a time trap, you can charge to catch her.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Leap Sonya is my favorite anti-chromie because she also does everything else well.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Chromie's telegraphs are fuckin huge, you need to be able to read/interpret what you think she's going to do, her cast time is like freakin seconds long and you can see exactly where she's shooting (the drop you have to interpret, but hey it isn't any different than a tiny nova ult, and she's gonna have to hit you with both to pop you)

Countering the rewind is all about proper positioning and ensuring the only way she can get it off is to put herself in a bad position, this requires being aware of your team's positioning in relation to your own

It's like silver players complaining about playing against stealth, if they show up and you weren't already ready, it was on you

It may be worth playing her to understand? I always find that the easiest path to discerning counterplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Stealth characters have to expose themselves to damage you though, and even then I don't think any of them can output the amount of damage chromie can. Her abilities are dodgeable, sure. But dragon blast has a massive aoe so you have to get a little lucky to dodge that one. And her kit revolves around taking skill shots that should be hard to land and making them extremely easy, whether by doing it from the fog of war, or after a time trap, or during a teamfight or while you're stuck in her massive aoe slow.