Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Much like people only watch NASCAR for the occasional crashes, I only watch football so I can see the players slowly getting brain damage in real time.

I think the violence is part of hockey's popularity with middle and upper class white people. Folks want their blood sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

2006:

2007:

2008:

2010:

2011:

2014:

2015:

2017:

I can't be mad at someone's love for Pat Dinizio lead singer and songwriter for the band, The Smithereens.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I can't be mad at someone's love for Pat Dinizio lead singer and songwriter for the band, The Smithereens.

Luckily, there's plenty of other reasons to be mad at Stantis.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Any Canadian polcartoonists that might do a John Dunsworth obit cartoon? :smith:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Holy poo poo, I think this is the first Trump drawing Ramierez has done since the inauguration.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Zesty posted:

It's not. Hope that helps!

My bad, didn't realize I was posting in the dimension where HRC blamed herself alone for the loss and quietly left the public eye to do some serious introspection, must've left too many tabs open

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

gowb posted:

My bad, didn't realize I was posting in the dimension where HRC blamed herself alone for the loss and quietly left the public eye to do some serious introspection, must've left too many tabs open
Back to C-SPAM with you.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

there are to be no debates or discussions in D&D

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

gowb posted:

So you think that a child should be responsible for their own costume and transportation?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Stultus Maximus posted:

Also dude ran on a Reform Party ticket so lol.

"He finished 4th with 19,312 votes (0.64%)."

Stantis should be arrested on ~19,300 counts of voter fraud

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

gowb posted:

You either bear 100% responsibility for everything you’ve ever been involved with or else you are dodging responsibility and can’t admit to ever doing anything wrong. There is nothing in between those extremes.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Don't remember seeing this guy before in the thread. Checked out his site and there were a few more:

Presumably before Bannon left the White House

Plus a bunch more stuff from back in the Bush administration.

https://www.artofmarkbryan.com/politics/

Oh great, something good. Now we're going to be forced into a 50 page derail about why it should be banned, or if it isn't banned, then that means we should bring back DBD.

Cythereal posted:

I think the violence is part of hockey's popularity with middle and upper class white people. Folks want their blood sports.
Note how one of the most popular emerging sports in the past several decades has the word "fighting" in the title.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Good evening, shitGHOSTers! It is I, the Griftkeeper, with another terrifying tale that is sure to TAX your bravery!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESxi881e2I4

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

The Boy Scouts are now open to girls. And the Girl Scouts aren’t happy. They want to know what’s wrong with a girl being a Girl Scout. Besides, what would you call a girl in the Boy Scouts?

Some people think this will lead to sex abuse in the woods. But I think it’s all about the cookies.

The Boy Scouts are beginning a hostile takeover of the Girl Scouts. James Hamblin in The Atlantic gets to the heart of the matter: “Girl Scouts sell cookies that are vastly superior to Boy Scout popcorn.”

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Wh- which is line is the mouth on this woman?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Of course. Because as we all know

Not making prayer mandatory for everyone = Banning students from praying.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

If the kid wants to join the Boy Scouts, why is her mother telling the Girl Scouts? Is there a law that you have to tell the competing "team" that you're playing for the other team? (pun intended)

Also kinda surprised it wasn't HE wants to join the boy scouts, considering BoK.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

the_steve posted:

As long as there are Algebra tests, there will be prayer in schools.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cool, literally :thejoke:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Mystic Mongol posted:

As long as there are Algebra tests, there will be prayer in schools.
Get your al-jabber and your prayer carpets outta my kid's school! :freep:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

the_steve posted:

It's been literally decades now. And if any of them had children who felt like praying at school (pretending for half a second they actually care) they would have learned that in an instant.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I felt Winslow's age in the last panel.

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
This whole scout thing is so bizarre. I was a scout here in Australia almost twenty years ago and we had boys and girls in the same troop and no one gave a poo poo. There was, and maybe still is, some sort of girl-only organisation similar to scouts (girl guides?), but the scouts were a mixed-gender organisation and have been for ages. How the gently caress is this an issue people are getting angry about?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Ruptured Yakety Sax posted:

This whole scout thing is so bizarre. I was a scout here in Australia almost twenty years ago and we had boys and girls in the same troop and no one gave a poo poo. There was, and maybe still is, some sort of girl-only organisation similar to scouts (girl guides?), but the scouts were a mixed-gender organisation and have been for ages. How the gently caress is this an issue people are getting angry about?

To get a glimpse into the American mind, remember this country voted W Bush twice and Trump at least once.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
It comes down to Boy Scout units in the US being sponsored overwhelmingly by churches, and the political positions of those churches, and their influence in national scouting policy. Seems the BSA is able to take this step now only because the sponsors realize that the ship is listing badly from all the years of exclusivity and bad PR.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 17, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Can someone explain why, if packing the court with more than 9 justices is a possibility, Republicans haven't done it yet?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wanna complain about desegregation while you're at it, you out of date gently caress?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Fulchrum posted:

Can someone explain why, if packing the court with more than 9 justices is a possibility, Republicans haven't done it yet?

It looks really bad. One of the most popular presidents is US history tried it, and it even blew up in his face pretty hard. Also they don't really have much of a reason to right now. It's not like anything they're doing is being blocked, or even might be blocked by the courts.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Ruptured Yakety Sax posted:

'Boy? no, girl" is the kind of lazy joke hack cartoonist thrive on, so even though actual USians don't give a single poo poo about this change, they all have to draw a cartoon about it. They are physically incapable of resisting.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

[wrong thread]

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Oct 17, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

Oh great, something good. Now we're going to be forced into a 50 page derail about why it should be banned, or if it isn't banned, then that means we should bring back DBD.

Note how one of the most popular emerging sports in the past several decades has the word "fighting" in the title.

Hobby horsing does not have "fighting" in the title :confused:

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Sandpuppy posted:

Hmm...feels like someone's missing here...

This poo poo needs to stop. Clinton knew better than to get involved with his subordinates, that was wrong, (so was cheating on his wife) but, there is no evidence that he ever did things without consent. Weinstein is a serial rapist, equivocating Clinton and Weinstein does not help.

I've never been very important, but, I have been the guy behind the desk and had entry-level employees make inappropriate advances for one reason or another. Don't exploit people, not your secretary, not your call center employees.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Old Swedish scout here: Back here in communist-Sweden we haven't split up scouts by genders since forever. Also, there was never mandatory use of the uniform here (not really relevant but it always struck me as odd when I encountered scouts from abroad that had a strict uniform policy). With that in mind: What the actual hell is wrong with you people?! Chill the gently caress out and let boys and girls interact already you lunatics.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Christian conservatives will never stop projecting their sexual hangups onto children.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I care deeply about keeping little boy and girl scouts from intermingling. - Definitely a not creepy conservative

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Christian conservatives will never stop projecting their sexual hangups onto children.

Which republican said "I'd tell my coach I was a girl if he would let me in the girls lockerroom"? You know the one who admitted to being a creepy gently caress if he could get away with it.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In Norway there's a breakout group that's not religious and lets in anyone no matter what. According to my nephew it's really cool and one time he got to meet the PM. Instead of talking about how much her political opponents suck and sex clubs in the 90s, she treated them to ice-cream.

Sure beat the 50s when my dad got molested by his scout master.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Ularg posted:

Which republican said "I'd tell my coach I was a girl if he would let me in the girls lockerroom"? You know the one who admitted to being a creepy gently caress if he could get away with it.

Kind-Eyes Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ularg posted:

I wanna say Mike Huckabee?

• Locked thread