Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Eh....my wife!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

[complete earnestness] I love her so much and am so glad that I get to spend the rest of my life with her

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Coffee And Pie posted:

What's some good poo poo to see in NYC stoned? I have a portable vaporizer, a metrocard, and a free train ticket.

Pick a museum - the Met, MoMA, or Moving Image would be my recommendations.

Go to the Flushing Mall food court and eat until you pop. If you don't want to leave Brooklyn/Manhattan Vanessa's Dumplings or Xi'an Famous Food will do

Go to a warehouse party, I would hook you up but I turned 30 and don't find out about cool stuff anymore

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Yo, this is a solid recommendation for Barney Thomson, a British dark comedy from 2015 directed by and starring Roger Carlyle. It's definitely an 'actor's picture,' and the ending is a tad anti-climatic and even kinda cheap, but it has some absolutely amazing cinematography and is overall just a good watch just for its unique mixture of joy and repulsion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N08oMrX0UMs

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
San Diego is a great city and the festival circuit was great, hearing audible reactions to your film is fun.

Only got an extra pat down once at the airport! Hurrah.

Whats your favourite halloween candy?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

K. Waste posted:

Yo, this is a solid recommendation for Barney Thomson, a British dark comedy from 2015 directed by and starring Roger Carlyle. It's definitely an 'actor's picture,' and the ending is a tad anti-climatic and even kinda cheap, but it has some absolutely amazing cinematography and is overall just a good watch just for its unique mixture of joy and repulsion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N08oMrX0UMs

I definitely wanna see a Robert Carlyle directed movie. Very under appreciated actor.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Toebone posted:

Pick a museum - the Met, MoMA, or Moving Image would be my recommendations.

Go to the Flushing Mall food court and eat until you pop. If you don't want to leave Brooklyn/Manhattan Vanessa's Dumplings or Xi'an Famous Food will do

Go to a warehouse party, I would hook you up but I turned 30 and don't find out about cool stuff anymore

I'm turning 24 and I don't even know where to find a warehouse. Food and museums sounds tight tho.

Timeless Appeal posted:

D20 Burlesque is dope as hell. On the 21st, they've transitioned their annual Lovecraft burlesque show to be generally pulp themed with a Stephen King focus. So like almost definitely going to be a Pennywise striptease.

The Night Bazaar in Green Point is alright, but probably more fun high.

Ride the Q train back and forth pass Dekalb to see a little animated art piece.

Get a city bike and ride that section of Eastern Parkway that is more or less a roller coaster.

I'd get a city bike but traffic scares me so I'd just cruise the park lol

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I definitely wanna see a Robert Carlyle directed movie. Very under appreciated actor.

He's a really good director, it turns out.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Death By The Blues posted:

Three Musketeers

What's everyone gonna be for Halloween? I'm going as American Idiot era Billie Joe Armstrong.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

What's everyone gonna be for Halloween?

Drunk.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

...never saw The Simpsons!?

Where are you starting with her and where do you plan on stopping?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'd get a city bike but traffic scares me so I'd just cruise the park lol
Eastern Parkway has a little gated off bikepath safe from the big scary cars. And it leads right into Prospect Park!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Detective No. 27 posted:

...never saw The Simpsons!?

Where are you starting with her and where do you plan on stopping?

So far we've seen the one where Sideshow Bob first appears, the Terror Lake one, and the Scorpio one. I'm not really being systematic about it, just whenever we both have some time to spare and I remember a really good Simpsons episode. Tonight? It's Who Shot Mr. Burns?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jenny Angel posted:

the Terror Lake one

Best episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Okf3XY3Lw

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Jenny Angel posted:

So far we've seen the one where Sideshow Bob first appears, the Terror Lake one, and the Scorpio one. I'm not really being systematic about it, just whenever we both have some time to spare and I remember a really good Simpsons episode. Tonight? It's Who Shot Mr. Burns?
I feel like you need to show "Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk" (The one where Germans buy the power plant) or "Last Exit to Springfield" to give proper context for Burns.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jenny Angel posted:

That's a good approach. Simpsons doesn't really need a binge watch. Treat it like a slow roast...

Definitely watch Citizen Burns.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Jenny Angel posted:

[complete earnestness] I love her so much and am so glad that I get to spend the rest of my life with her

Complete Ernestness

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

I would say just watch every episode from the first Xmas special up to Homer's Enemy.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna show her The Principal and the Pauper sooner rather than later because that episode loving bangs

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Raw is a lot funnier than I thought. The French cannibal movie, not the wrestling, although I did watch it on a Monday night

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

I was ready to see American Made to start my MoviePass with 3 days in a row, but the 65 on Metacritic (despite the 87 on RT) has turned me off the idea, at least for today.

2 days. I only lasted 2 days. :negative:
I ended up going to the 9:45pm showing and... it was fine. Noticeable script issues, Tom Cruise's accent goes in and out, but a solid B/B+.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

San Diego is a great city and the festival circuit was great, hearing audible reactions to your film is fun.

Only got an extra pat down once at the airport! Hurrah.

Congrats on not getting hepatitis A!

Did you have time for any sightseeing?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Yeah, this is a perfect starting point. Easily in the top five episodes they ever did. I crack up just thinking about the scene where the FBI agents are trying to get Homer to respond to a new name.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CPL593H posted:

Yeah, this is a perfect starting point. Easily in the top five episodes they ever did. I crack up just thinking about the scene where the FBI agents are trying to get Homer to respond to a new name.

The joke just before that where Homer fantasizes about being John Elway but in 40s style gear is really funny to me

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I saw the Simpsons version waaaaay before I saw the actual Cape Fear. That movie is actually really hosed up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jenny Angel posted:

I'm gonna show her The Principal and the Pauper sooner rather than later because that episode loving bangs

I'm placing your wife in protective custody.

Safety Factor posted:

I saw the Simpsons version waaaaay before I saw the actual Cape Fear. That movie is actually really hosed up.

That episode completely supplants the movie in my memory when I try to think about it. My only regret is that I can't see it again for the first time, because knowing every joke ahead of time takes quite a bit of the fun away.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 17, 2017

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

For some reason, to me, his iconic role will always be in The Full Monty and not Trainspotting

Safety Factor posted:

Because of the Simpsons the sound cue, that foreboding music score, is ruined for me.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

glam rock hamhock posted:

Here's a silent film era rejection letter

Tag yourself. I'm no strong dramatic situations

I love this so much. I've sent it to a bunch of producers and sales agents.

I think the Prince and the Pauper needs some context to be properly appreciated. One needs to have seen a few episodes to get an idea of what Skinner is like.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Talking about Mr Burns episodes and none of y'all mention the one where he goes bankrupt. Watch that one. "The Old Man and the Lisa."

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

What's some good poo poo to see in NYC stoned? I have a portable vaporizer, a metrocard, and a free train ticket.

I forget the name of the place, but there's a cabaret show that's great. It's in a tiny room downstairs, not easy to find. Sneak in some drinks since they charge out the rear end for them.

Get ready to hear the host say, "Myyy ex-wife!" many times, he introduces every performer that way.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Having to travel this week for work, but I’m going to watch all the Universal Frankenstein movies in order (plus The Wolf Man) in the evenings.

Also, myyyy ex-wife is finally getting her furniture out of my apartment after nearly a year. :toot:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Honest Thief posted:

For some reason, to me, his iconic role will always be in The Full Monty

It was hard to take Robert Baratheon seriously because of The Full Monty.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

It used to be Three Musketeers, but now I'm craving Payday and Snickers more than I ever have before. Love those peanuts.

Coffee And Pie posted:

What's everyone gonna be for Halloween? I'm going as American Idiot era Billie Joe Armstrong.

Do you read Sutter Cane?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Creature from the Lake 2017; 5 min.

Alone in the Woods: Harmony Korine's The Legend of Cambo 2015, 9 min.

The Fall 2012?; 2 min.

Elefante 2012; 9 min.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
my InfoWars subscribing coworker is being fired today and im pretty sure he's gonna try to throw me under the bus for being a member of known terrorist group antifa

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I say poo poo on his desk

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Dude is giving it his all in The World is Not Enough when everyone else except Brosnan is sleepwalking.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

For some reason, to me, his iconic role will always be in The Full Monty and not Trainspotting

For me it's Ravenous. He's also really good in 28 Weeks Later.

The Simpsons didn't ruin Cape Fear for me but it did ruin Rear Window.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

my InfoWars subscribing coworker is being fired today and im pretty sure he's gonna try to throw me under the bus for being a member of known terrorist group antifa

I think u mean ANTIFA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
My theater's doing a double feature of Paris, Texas and Repo Man in tribute to Harry Dean Stanton. I haven't seen either, and I'm very excited.

• Locked thread