Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

nopantsjack posted:

We're so hosed but I'm too lazy to move elsewhere

lol

It's a glorified trade agreement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

that story is from a TERF facebook group, not sure why we're taking it at face value.

there's better reasons to hate Sam Kriss

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

JFairfax posted:

lol what's happening?

A completely anonymous account was posted to the #Monitoring the left's support of r pe culture facebook group, alleging that Sam Kriss forced someone to kiss, drink alcohol, and groped her at a bar when she didn't want to.

Of course, people are now cottoning on to the fact that this account also supports TERFs.
https://www.facebook.com/Stop-Trans...qZ8V9UboiN_oMDw

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1984754671762631&id=1529979340573502

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
who is sam kris though?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

JFairfax posted:

who is sam kris though?

popular weird twitter/chapo twitter personality

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I didn't realise that was an anti-trans group, if that's the only primary source for the account that is extremely suspect

JFairfax posted:

who is sam kris though?

Smug, extremely public school left twitter guy, writes weird lacanian political-philosophy pieces

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
also incidentally british and sometimes gets published in the opinion section press

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

World War Mammories posted:

I have the vague idea that Sam Kriss was Red Ken in LF, am I confused?

pretty sure youre right

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

oh wait it's true lol what a poo poo

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/920312961826213893

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Oh dear

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i am friends with many women

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

9 months in the oubliette imo

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

kriss is probably the worst writer i've ever seen published in mainstream news media, stylistically speaking. didn't know he was a creep though

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this thread is for talking about corbyn not some lovely writer gently caress off to the chapo thread or something

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

kriss is probably the worst writer i've ever seen published in mainstream news media, stylistically speaking. didn't know he was a creep though

I see you've literally never cracked open a newspaper in your life. Garbage heaped upon garbage.

Anyway, looks like the cocaine lifestyle finally caught up him, RIP.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

live by the dubstep die by the dubstep

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nah Kriss' articles suck.

Nationalize him imo.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
of the many dull, humourless british leftists out there kriss was one of the most boring

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i think this thread has the weirdest red text in cspam

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sam Kriss, like Brexit, is good.

Welp, he assaulted someone. I've liked his writing in the past, but he's now milkshake duck.

Frijolero has issued a correction as of 20:10 on Oct 17, 2017

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

pretty sure youre right

I always thought he was an rear end in a top hat so I'm just gonna appreciate the congrats

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Frijolero posted:

Sam Kriss, like Brexit, is good. :colbert:

I can get your support for Lexit but would love to hear the left wing argument in favour of sexual assault.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

UrbicaMortis posted:

I can get your support for Lexit but would love to hear the left wing argument in favour of sexual assault.

As the official ambassador to leftism I want to take this moment to disavow Sam Kriss and his sexual aggression and deviance.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

before everyone calls me a rapist, i think its important that you know the context behind my rapes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TomViolence posted:

European free movement laws only apply within Europe, it's not like it's an ethical or equal border policy, there's still plenty of people drowning trying to get into europe. An end to european free movement could be a good thing if it was replaced by a more egalitarian policy. Which it won't be, of course, but pretending that the EU's vision of a selective free movement that favours white europeans above all others is the only progressive choice is bad imo.

that's why i never understand why rich white people hate the EU so much, almost everything about it explicitly benefits them

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

that's why i never understand why rich white people hate the EU so much, almost everything about it explicitly benefits them

Many rich white people can't tolerate not getting to do whatever they want whenever they want, and the EU stops them from doing a minuscule fraction of that which is unacceptable.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Cerebral Bore posted:

Many rich white people can't tolerate not getting to do whatever they want whenever they want, and the EU stops them from doing a minuscule fraction of that which is unacceptable.

they have to see lesser whites and nonwhites

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yinlock posted:

Rich white people are fairly split on the issue. The super-rich are largely pro-EU. Most of those opposed are driven by racism/hyper-nationalism rather than any rational basis.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Yinlock posted:

before everyone calls me a rapist, i think its important that you know the context behind my rapes

tbh that's every rapist's apology, when they bother with one

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ElNarez posted:

tbh that's every rapist's apology, when they bother with one

tbf its kind of hard to apologize for a rape. somehow "im sorry about those rapes i did, boy am i embarrassed" doesn't quite cut it

i would recommend not raping at all, personally

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The joy of callout culture, even though he didn't rape anyone he will still be a rapist forever. He's clearly a creep though and should be avoided.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
sliding into this thread with some fresh Bigly lols

Exclusive: Neo-Nazi and National Front organiser quits movement, opens up about Jewish heritage, comes out as gay

https://www.channel4.com/news/neo-nazi-national-front-organiser-quits-movement-comes-out-as-gay-kevin-wilshaw-jewish-heritage

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Yinlock posted:

I think you should just refer to this classic post from ferretball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubbbNj0ZpA4

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ya it's not fair to call him a rapist. Save that for the likes Trump and Bill Clinton.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Frijolero posted:

Ya it's not fair to call him a rapist. Save that for the likes Trump and Bill Clinton.

The continuing overstatement of stuff by outrage culture types is already loving everything up. But idk, maybe TERFs are trustworthy people we should definitely endorse?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Byolante posted:

The continuing overstatement of stuff by outrage culture types is already loving everything up. But idk, maybe TERFs are trustworthy people we should definitely endorse?

i mean he's still a sexual assaulter so who cares

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

if you see a breast, i must insist that you do NOT grab it and make honking noises without consent

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
consent is metaphysics

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
no ethical breast grabs under crapitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013