Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CactusWeasle posted:

Brad will outdrag Jr to the line due to lack of antenna aero advantage

Brad got an antenna. :ohdear:

e- https://twitter.com/XRayDunlap/status/919692147095457794

LOL NASCAR instead of ARCA.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

What a stupid, incredible race

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
WORTH IT :getin:

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
I like Brad, but I can't help but be super disappointed that Jr didn't win. Fate seemed to be doing all it could to give him that race, but it just didn't happen. It has been a long time since I've been this disappointed in the finish of a game/race/match.

Edit- BTW, am I the only one who thinks that Bowyer's outburst was ridiculous and indefensible? Man, I get frustration, but you're a professional, and by trying to make your team look like the assholes all you did was show that you're the rear end in a top hat instead. Bowyer strikes me as a charming shithead. If I were on his crew, I would think a lot less of him after today.

SpitztheGreat fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 16, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

A Good Race.

SpitztheGreat posted:

Edit- BTW, am I the only one who thinks that Bowyer's outburst was ridiculous and indefensible? Man, I get frustration, but you're a professional, and by trying to make your team look like the assholes all you did was show that you're the rear end in a top hat instead. Bowyer strikes me as a charming shithead. If I were on his crew, I would think a lot less of him after today.

Reminder that he did this last year at HSM as well.

I haven't been able to stand him since the spin and his ensuing "Nah, I done didn't spin the racecar on purpose!" campaign. For somebody who seems liked because he's folksy and has a sense of humor, the man can be a oval office.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hot tip: most people who are 'folksy' are actually shitbags

never trust some 'aww shucks'-type motherfucker

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

financially racist posted:

hot tip: most people who are 'folksy' are actually shitbags

never trust some 'aww shucks'-type motherfucker

Carl Edwards is probably the poster boy for this rule.

And you're right, he didn't become a shithead today, he's always been one. But the HMS thing, I have a little bit of sympathy for him there because that team was F-grade material. Bowyer knew he was walking into a tough situation, but I don't think he had an idea of how bad it was going to be. They sold him a lie, like they were scrappy little team that would be the next Furniture Row, but in reality they were likely borderline insolvent before the season even began. From my understanding, at the end Bowyer wasn't even getting paid- if that's true then I can't blame him for throwing that team under the bus.

But there is no excuse for today.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I refuse to believe Junyer is anything but awesome.

You guys, I've never pulled for him as my main driver but I am legit loving bummed out that he's retiring. I choked up listening to his interview.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Junior is awesome, so there's not much to argue about there.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Junior is the only recorded case in human history of Twitter making someone more likeable.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Junior is the only recorded case in human history of Twitter making someone more likeable.

excuse me, perhaps you are unaware of the brilliancy that is cher's twitter. she's the master of it and it owns.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Carrie Fisher's Twitter was great. :eng99:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Dale Jr. had sex.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Dale Jr. had sex.

*Mrs. Dale Earnhardt Jr. had sex. It's not always mutually inclusive.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Must...resist...Kenseth advice...joke...

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Dale Jr. had sex.

perhaps there's hope for me... after all......

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I would like to congratulate Dale Jr on having the sex. He is a model for goons everywhere.

https://twitter.com/TeamBKR/status/920079339399602177

Can I buy one of the trucks Austin Cindric wrecked somebody with?

This was pretty accurate.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/Christian_Racin/status/920319847778615297

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I can see turn 2 being a poo poo show

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lol that is the dumbest track in the world

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Like I didn't think you could make Charlotte a more awful, boring thing to watch but I think NASCAR figured it out.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
preview of Charlotte roval

https://twitter.com/18diego_dd/status/917589909426249728

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Having run the iRacing version of that track it I believe the race will be either incredibly boring or incredibly clowncar. The chicanes at turn 3 and the tri-oval just add to the stupidity.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

big nipples big life posted:

Like I didn't think you could make Charlotte a more awful, boring thing to watch but I think NASCAR figured it out.

It's going to be a clown fiesta and it's going to either be amazing or absolutely boring.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

We need to have a group watch of that Speed World Challenge race in Winter Heat.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Or R/C oval racing in Winter Heat.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I love how much the car pushes through 1. The crash is gonna be tremendous.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The infield section looks so miserable--all these winding corners in 2nd gear.

And yeah there's gonna be a massive wreck somewhere around turns 1 and 2, and it's going to be fabulous.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

L_Harrison posted:

And yeah there's gonna be a massive wreck somewhere around turns 1 and 2, and it's going to be fabulous.

Imagine the entire track being blocked between the concrete barriers, a la Bathurst. Lordy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

No more cheater air guns for JGR next year:

http://jeffgluck.com/nascar-standard-pit-gun-beginning-in-2018/

...or anybody else.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

No more cheater air guns for JGR next year:

http://jeffgluck.com/nascar-standard-pit-gun-beginning-in-2018/

...or anybody else.

By cheater, do you mean the 15k RPM ones or something else?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hi why doesn't NASCAR go to a single lug?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

~reasons~

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Norns posted:

Or a pit limiter

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
because that would be less entertaining

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I doubt it

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

because i like when they go WREEEE WREEEE WREEEE WREEEEE

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Norns posted:

The same reason they didnt want to go to EFI, or composite bodies, or away from pushrods, or to magnesium wheels, etc. The concept of the rules set was that it was locked in from long ago, and the point was not to have spending/technology wars. Thats partially from Petty kicking everyones rear end with better technology/equipment for decades, but also because of the general philosophy that the cars were supposed to be boring everyday drivers, and the teams and drivers the stars.

Of course, when the budgets exploded, the technology war just moved into the stuff you couldnt see... internals on the engines, chassis geometry and assembly techniques, building 20 cars and trashing all but a handful when they were .000001 off on the shaker rig, etc.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The concept of the rules set is "Eat a dick, Yunick"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

shame on an IGA posted:

The concept of the rules set is "Eat a dick, Yunick"

He'd find a way to eat two

• Locked thread