Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I wanna say Mike Huckabee?

Correct.

quote:

“Now I wish that someone told me that when I was in high school that I could have felt like a woman when it came time to take showers in PE,” Huckabee said on stage at the 2015 National Religious Broadcasters Convention back in February. “I’m pretty sure that I would have found my feminine side and said, ‘Coach, I think I’d rather shower with the girls today.'”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The Boy Scouts of America have always been a very distinct entity from the rest of Scouting around the world. Scouting started in Britain, but the BSA and GSA in the US are just different and Scouting organizations elsewhere in the world do not have much in common with these groups in the US.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Hey guys, I got a joke for you. Women's rights.

*Crowd erupts in laughter*

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Lodin posted:

In Norway there's a breakout group that's not religious and lets in anyone no matter what. According to my nephew it's really cool and one time he got to meet the PM. Instead of talking about how much her political opponents suck and sex clubs in the 90s, she treated them to ice-cream.

Sure beat the 50s when my dad got molested by his scout master.

I suspect this was one of the organizations affiliated with a political party; Norway has a bunch of those set up as quasi-scouting youth wings. Breivik infamously began his rampage by attacking one of their camps.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Starving Wolf posted:

Wh- which is line is the mouth on this woman?

Mercury Hat posted:

...yeah I got nothin'.

More horror-edits, please

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I can only really parse Ophelia Kretch as having a meticulously-waxed moustache

and the lady I'm assuming is the principal in the newer one has a very large soul-patch over a very pointy chin

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
That's classic Ophelia, always interrupting people mid-sentence with that one catchphrase we all know; "The remote was broken".

*Winks at audience*

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Remember friends, Brawny is owned by Georgia-Pacific, an independently operated and managed company of Koch Industries. (Ditto Vanity Fair paper napkins and eleven trillion other brands I forget.)

This is your periodic reminder that there's a low-effort consumption switch you can make to keep very tiny amounts of money away from horrible people.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I’m gonna assume without checking because I know I’m 100% right, that Ramirez was all for the Iraq War and has never admitted guilt or fault for boosting for it and probably has never come to terms with the millions of bodies partially on his hands. So it’s good to know with this Iran thing that he hasn’t learned a goddamn thing in the past 15 years. Hopefully he and everyone else pushing for war with Iran loving dies.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ruptured Yakety Sax posted:

This whole scout thing is so bizarre. I was a scout here in Australia almost twenty years ago and we had boys and girls in the same troop and no one gave a poo poo. There was, and maybe still is, some sort of girl-only organisation similar to scouts (girl guides?), but the scouts were a mixed-gender organisation and have been for ages. How the gently caress is this an issue people are getting angry about?

Many Americans dislike mixing genders almost as much as they dislike mixing races.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Cythereal posted:

The Boy Scouts of America have always been a very distinct entity from the rest of Scouting around the world. Scouting started in Britain, but the BSA and GSA in the US are just different and Scouting organizations elsewhere in the world do not have much in common with these groups in the US.

No, this is not at all true. All scouting organizations and federations around the world are distinct from each other.

Powell's Scouting Association stayed in the UK, while the movement was spread by people seeing what he was doing and making their own versions in their home countries. Eventually they all got together to make the World Organization of the Scouting Movement/ World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, but those organizations have no authority over their members and no real ability to dictate policy within them.

BSA and GSA are both WOSM/WAGGGS members, which puts them on the same level as Girl Guides of Canada or Scouts and Guides of Lichtenstein. I think they stand out to people because they've remained single-gender over the years, especially the BSA. Seems like the majority of other WOSM members have gone coed. But again, BSA is propped up by a very conservative culture.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

I’m gonna assume without checking because I know I’m 100% right, that Ramirez was all for the Iraq War and has never admitted guilt or fault for boosting for it and probably has never come to terms with the millions of bodies partially on his hands. So it’s good to know with this Iran thing that he hasn’t learned a goddamn thing in the past 15 years. Hopefully he and everyone else pushing for war with Iran loving dies.

Wrong! Michael Ramirez was very much against Barack Obama's war in Iraq.

That's what you meant, right? Obama's war in Iraq? Which took place right after 9/11 happened in Clinton's watch?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

D.N. Nation posted:

In fairness, the "Mission Accomplished" speech was a pretty embarrassing moment for Obama, almost as bad as his Katrina response.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I enjoy the "Dukakis" helmet for its pettiness, but the detail of the golf cart is especially funny now.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Remember friends, Brawny is owned by Georgia-Pacific, an independently operated and managed company of Koch Industries. (Ditto Vanity Fair paper napkins and eleven trillion other brands I forget.)

This is your periodic reminder that there's a low-effort consumption switch you can make to keep very tiny amounts of money away from horrible people.

Ok but like is there a paper towel company that isn’t owned by ridiculous poo poo heads?

I just buy all mine at Costco cuz I’m bougie as gently caress

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

D.N. Nation posted:

That's what you meant, right? Obama's war in Iraq? Which took place right after 9/11 happened in Clinton's watch?

Weird, I don't see Obama in any of those cartoons. Weird design choice of him to draw Bert from Sesame street as black, though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FishBulb posted:

Ok but like is there a paper towel company that isn’t owned by ridiculous poo poo heads?

I just buy all mine at Costco cuz I’m bougie as gently caress
Bounty is owned by Procter & Gamble, as far as I know they're only shitheads about child labor and generic "no ethical consumption under capitalism" like that and not also Team (R).

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
What about piggly wiggly or dollar general store brands cause I'm broke as gently caress?

haha, nothing I buy or can afford is ethical!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

FishBulb posted:

Sofidel seems okay. Either that or the WWF is more corrupt than I expect, you be the judge.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Johnny Walker posted:

I enjoy the "Dukakis" helmet for its pettiness, but the detail of the golf cart is especially funny now.

Even back then it was awful because Obama spent way, way less time on vacation than Bush.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

4 mg]

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dow soars! Economy humming!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think if it were anyone else besides Branco or maybe Garrison I'd believe the (((NEWS ALERT!))) echo was an accident or mistake

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
(((JEWS ALERT!!)))

Kimmel's made at least one joke about Weinstein, which is one more than McCoy's made about Trump's boasting of sexual assault.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Oof. drat, Ohm.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I used to work for Georgia Pacific. On one of the walls, there's this creepy collage about the Koch family, playing up their incredible innovation and entrepreneurial spirit. One bit that really stuck out to me was a picture of Fred Koch as a kid, with the caption "Even as a child, Fred Koch shows great determination". It was one of the most Hitler things I had ever seen (this is before the actual nazis marching in the actual street raised that bar way the gently caress up)

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Yo, I wanna roll with the Skeleton Gang :killing:

Alt: Sans, no! :ohdear:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

drat, Bennett is back in form.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Lich posted:

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pleads guilty to desertion. Remember when Obama swapped 5 Taliban detainees in exchange for this guy? Worst deal since Babe Ruth was traded for a musical.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

This needs to day :justpost:

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Guns and sexual

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hey, this 5-year-old's drawing might have a point

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I, too, condemn guns and sexual.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Some real gems, thanks guys who take the time to post toons.

Zelda loves tight bods and so do I

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

loquacius posted:

I think if it were anyone else besides Branco or maybe Garrison I'd believe the (((NEWS ALERT!))) echo was an accident or mistake
As I recall he's done this twice now. That poo poo is definitely intentional.

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!
[/quote]

I don't get it, what does POS mean?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sans has fallen on hard times

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

goethe42 posted:

I don't get it, what does POS mean?

Piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU