Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Mordja posted:

There's already one in the first Vermintide, it's called the stash.

This doesn't make any sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Rat Ogre with Warpfire Throwers confirmed.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
VERMINTIDE: NOTHIN' BUT NURGLINGS

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Looking forward to all of Fatshark's endless bugs.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Grondoth posted:

I WOULD be OK with Warhammer: The End Times: Nothin' But Nurglings though.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kerillian IS enough of a dick to pass for a Dark Elf.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

https://go.twitch.tv/fatsharkgames

This spear really looks poo poo I'm sorry.

The guy hasn't explained a single new thing and there are hints of new mechanics in play and it's pissing me off.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
:siren: Bardin has gone slayer :siren:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

kinda bummed we're not getting new dudes but at least sigmar will still bless our ravaged bodies :black101:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The spawn of chaos boss is just magical. Get grabbed, take a load of damage, can't be freed. Owns.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Kerillian IS enough of a dick to pass for a Dark Elf.

I wonder if her trees will be Dark/Wood/High. Which is... odd, but I guess they're all the same elves underneath.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Wonder if we'll see any beastmen, or if it's strictly Warriors of Chaos.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Well, everyone finished their last Career last adventure and now they get to choose what they promote into, obviously.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
chaos are the big bad of warhammer and all but they are the lamest faction in the setting so im not that excited about seeing them

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm reasonably excited to kill them, at least.

They're fine when they're dying like the mooks they are, it's when the writers get a boner for Chaos *winning* that they really start to suck.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mzbundifund posted:

I'd be extremely surprised if we saw non-skaven enemies take a major role in V2. Skaven are the perfect mix of hilarious and easy to kill, but vast in numbers. Undead could fit the bill but I kind of hope we don't have undead because they're just so common as video game trash mobs. Warhammer Orks are way too beefy to be trash mobs, and they're so big they'd block sight lines all the time. Skaven have the nice feature that the trash rats are short but the dangerous rats are tall, so you can see them in the crowd.

Just quoting to say how glad I am that this was wrong.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm not. Skaven are basically the perfect videogame enemies because there's infinity of them but they're lovely and die constantly. But unlike boring poo poo like zombies or basically anything else that fits that description, they have great personality so vermintide 1 wouldn't be the same without the focus on them.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Chaos are big and imposing and make for good minibosses, but yeah, if you end up fighting more marauders than clanrats, then you have a problem.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Chaos is generally lame, but at least they're adding cool poo poo like Bile Trolls and Spawn. If they add Blight Toads I may squeal a little.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'll need to watch the rest of the stream after work but I like that they're decoupling weapon damage from weapon color.

I'm hoping the career thing doesn't end up making a bigger impact than your weapon selection did in vermintide 1. Might sound weird but I was really hoping they wouldn't do something like that because I think the first game's system of all characters being equal with your weapon choice + skill completely deciding what you can do was perfect. I did not like the effect the skill trees had on payday 2 and felt like vermintide ended up the far superior game in the end.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SteelMentor posted:

Chaos is generally lame, but at least they're adding cool poo poo like Bile Trolls and Spawn. If they add Blight Toads I may squeal a little.

A catachan barking toad from 40k. Kill the entire map

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

https://www.vermintide.com

More info on stuff over here. I'm glad Bardin isn't forced to be a slayer since I've never been a big fan of them tbh.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I like Slayers as a concept but they don't fit Bardin. Dude's got nothing to be ashamed of.

I hope Saltzpyre can also go Witch Hunter Captain and get a truly fantastic hat.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
While the Chaos Spawn looked cool, I'm really not hot on the 'get grabbed and be locked in a long animation where you take a lot of unavoidable damage' thing. There needs to be a way to get knocked out of that grab even if it comes down to bombs or strength potions or something.

Norse marauders as the new faceless chaff screen will probably work fine, especially if they are keeping clan and slaverats in and the AI director can ratchet between the three. If you can consider clanrats to be skavenslave++, then it would make sense to have Norse be clanrat++ and be a bit tougher and stronger.

Lot of recycled assets so far, which is fine considering it's still a ways out. I'm sure (or at least hoping) they'll get those voice actors in to do new passes on some of the lines that are being reused from the first game.

The spear seemed fine, moveset seemed kind of similar to a slightly slower WH Rapier and I'll bet it probably gets used in a similar fashion. Repeater crossbow is kind of a headscratcher from a lore perspective, but it would be kind of funny if the big character reveal for this game was that Kerellian was actually a dark elf in disguise (they do that kind of on the regular in lore IIRC, though mostly just dressing up as High Elves rather than Wood Elves) that happened to be in and around Athel Loren for whatever reason when she got whatever that curse that she is alluded to having in the first game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DeathSandwich posted:

The spear seemed fine, moveset seemed kind of similar to a slightly slower WH Rapier and I'll bet it probably gets used in a similar fashion. Repeater crossbow is kind of a headscratcher from a lore perspective, but it would be kind of funny if the big character reveal for this game was that Kerellian was actually a dark elf in disguise (they do that kind of on the regular in lore IIRC, though mostly just dressing up as High Elves rather than Wood Elves) that happened to be in and around Athel Loren for whatever reason when she got whatever that curse that she is alluded to having in the first game.
:lol: I'd love it if Kerillian turned out to be a Naggarondite with a lovely dye job.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mordja posted:

:lol: I'd love it if Kerillian turned out to be a Naggarondite with a lovely dye job.

That happens like all the time.

That's how they started the dwarf war.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Night10194 posted:

That happens like all the time.

That's how they started the dwarf war.

To be fair to the torture and murder happy Canadians, High Elf smuggitude started the dwarf war.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mordja posted:

To be fair to the torture and murder happy Canadians, High Elf smuggitude started the dwarf war.

Elves being the authors of their own dooms owns.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Mordja posted:

Dwarven Emmisary: "Hey looks like your dudes like... fuckin' killed our dudes and stole our poo poo, can you pay us recompence"

High Elf King: *Thinks very hard, the Dwarves don't know that there was a civil war and that there's now a bunch of evil elves out there, this could even be a plot BY those elves to weaken the relations between the two nations and make it easier for the Dark Elves to make moves on Ulthuan. This is an incredibly delicate situation that could lead to the downfall of both empires if handled poorly.*

High Elf King: "gently caress you, I'm gonna cut off your beard"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Night10194 posted:

I like Slayers as a concept but they don't fit Bardin. Dude's got nothing to be ashamed of.

This is nothing but good news for my 'cousin okri' gimmick though

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
From the Website Kerillian seems to have fallen for Khaine in that Carrier. So she pretty much just became a Dark Elf.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm guessing there'll be a light, dark, and neutral option for all five. Like Bardin becoming Sad or Kerillian edgelording so hard she pledges herself to the Edgelord God.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

All of saltzpyre's options are "hate rats" except for one which is "hate rats more"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Digirat posted:

All of saltzpyre's options are "hate rats" except for one which is "hate rats more"

His options will be, I am guessing, 'hates rats so much he becomes a renegade cop who lives by his own rules, which are all about hating rats', 'hates rats so much he decides to follow all the rules to get people to give him more guns to kill the rats he hates with' and 'hates rats so much it becomes a religious experience. The religion is hating rats.'

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Night10194 posted:

His options will be, I am guessing, 'hates rats so much he becomes a renegade cop who lives by his own rules, which are all about hating rats', 'hates rats so much he decides to follow all the rules to get people to give him more guns to kill the rats he hates with' and 'hates rats so much it becomes a religious experience. The religion is hating rats.'

Well option 1 is confirmed. He becomes a Bounty Hunter that wants to hunt down Skaven because the Rest of the Witch Hunter Order kept telling him not to talk about it.

Sienna becomes a Battle Wizard to temper herself is one of hers.
And Kruger is Knighted and starts climbing the political ladder reluctantly is one of his.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 17, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Night10194 posted:

I mean, the blurb from the website makes it sound like Saltzpyre left the Witch Hunters and is now a bounty hunter, so he's taken a pretty significant step back in the social hierarchy of the Empire. That's made up for by Kruber being knighted, I guess.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Option 2 better come with the biggest fanciest hat possible because option 1's dumb helmet is just not doin' it for me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DeathSandwich posted:

I mean, the blurb from the website makes it sound like Saltzpyre left the Witch Hunters and is now a bounty hunter, so he's taken a pretty significant step back in the social hierarchy of the Empire. That's made up for by Kruber being knighted, I guess.

Well one of his other options is likely he ascends in the Witch Hunter Ranks and decides to make his inferiors focus more on Skaven.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
looks great. probaly wont get a console port for a year or so though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

That ui feels extremely console though

• Locked thread