Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

30 is the new 20, yall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

a new study bible! posted:

30 is the new 20, yall

Yeah keep telling yourself that.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I was always told it would be tough turning 30. Frankly, turning 31 last month was worse. Not sure why, but being in my 30s just felt different than being 30.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

fishing with the fam posted:

I was always told it would be tough turning 30. Frankly, turning 31 last month was worse. Not sure why, but being in my 30s just felt different than being 30.

Just wait until you're 35.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I don't wanna.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well no one has to turn 35 if they really don't want to.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
well this took a dark turn

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’m 38. It’s not so bad. I’ve got a lot of extra money and job security and I’m dating a 24 year old and I’m stronger than I was in my 20s and still wear the same pant size. Plus I’m gonna die before most of you so my odds of not having to live through the impending ecological catastrophe are better.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Not being able to date girls in their 20s anymore scares the poo poo out of me so you are truly an inspiration to us all.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m 38. It’s not so bad. I’ve got a lot of extra money and job security and I’m dating a 24 year old and I’m stronger than I was in my 20s and still wear the same pant size. Plus I’m gonna die before most of you so my odds of not having to live through the impending ecological catastrophe are better.

Nice. I had my fun in my early 30s before I got married again. Good times.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I honestly don't believe I will ever die :shrug:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I remember when Vince Wilfork ended up with the Texans and I thought how he was this wily old veteran who'd been in the league a long time and whoops, he's a year younger than I am.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Ehud posted:

i'm the protagonist of reality actually so it's me who is immortal

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I was almost in high school when Jameis Winston was born.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

pubic works project posted:

Nice. I had my fun in my early 30s before I got married again. Good times.

Never been married, never had kids. Though I may end up marrying this one. I think I’ve definitely worked through my “just having fun” stage at this point. Dating is loving exhausting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not being able to date girls in their 20s anymore scares the poo poo out of me so you are truly an inspiration to us all.

I’ve discovered, being an old, that there is always a subset of women that range from somewhat younger to much younger who are interested in dating you. Though I wasn’t TRYING to date that much younger, it just happened.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

As I was once told by my co-worker on getting old chat (Turned 30 in July)

"Yeah it is a little weird once your favorite athletes are younger then you. Just wait until the President is younger then you."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Carter/Bernie 2020

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Volvo wagon

Next up is likely a used z71 Tahoe for towing I just love driving SUVs. Think after 2-3 years I’ll sell the volvo and get something dumb like another Roush Mustang

Now I really wanna know what D Link has for a car

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
i'll be 40 in a few months.

grave, open your embrace.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Volvo wagon

Next up is likely a used z71 Tahoe for towing I just love driving SUVs. Think after 2-3 years I’ll sell the volvo and get something dumb like another Roush Mustang

Now I really wanna know what D Link has for a car

2005 A6 5 speed quattro. 36k miles

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why wouldn't you want to date people around your own age when you're in your 30s?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I turn 30 in a couple weeks and don't really care.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well no one has to turn 35 if they really don't want to.

I for one will be celebrating my fourth annual 29th birthday early next year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I'll be 38 in June and now me would beat the snot out of early-mid 20s me. Age is only a number friends.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I was born on weed day so I'm not actually sure how old I am

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

You're 420 months old

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

2005 A6 5 speed quattro. 36k miles

Oh those are really cool. I like the little Audi’s. Almost grabbed an a4 wagon before the v60

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I didn't realize until now that The Warriors new stadium isn't using any public money. Slightly more okay with them moving across the Bay now.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

pubic works project posted:

You're 420 months old

nice

YOLOsubmarine posted:

nice

Skwirl posted:

I didn't realize until now that The Warriors new stadium isn't using any public money. Slightly more okay with them moving across the Bay now.

nice

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I just got Basketball (And Other Things) and I'm 2 chapters deep and it's so fuckin good

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I worked once on a leap year, and asked what they did when a kid was born on Feb 29. Turns out they make you choose either Feb 28 or March 1st as the day of birth on birth certificate. I always thought that qas kind of unfair.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh those are really cool. I like the little Audi’s. Almost grabbed an a4 wagon before the v60

I rarely drive it, but it is fun bc of the manual 5 speed. It's also nearly immaculate bc I never drive it. Black on black, full power package etc. I keep thinking about trading it in on a Telsa model S. Between the truck and my bike, I average about 3k mile per year on the car. It's basically my date vehicle

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Are you Hitler?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I will allow it. Honestly I think the issue comes from people using it *only* as a daily driver (i.e. half the truck owners in LA) but that's just me. Own it, baby

How about gently caress off if you're gonna be a prick about sharing past/current cars in the chat thread of all places?

Type R is obviously a joke, you idiot

e: sry, i actually don't mean it

I forgive you.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

weird Asian candy posted:

I'll be 38 in June and now me would beat the snot out of early-mid 20s me. Age is only a number friends.
This guy gets it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

I worked once on a leap year, and asked what they did when a kid was born on Feb 29. Turns out they make you choose either Feb 28 or March 1st as the day of birth on birth certificate. I always thought that qas kind of unfair.

they should have a Feb 29 birthday and age at 1/4 the rate of normal human beings

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm 32 and I have never been this handsome

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

I'm the opposite I am genuinely surprised I lived past 30 much less 35

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I popped up my head to ask my coworker a question and saw on his screen that he was browsing the_donald :negative:

I'm hoping it was more of a safari and not that he's an actual follower. He's not given me any indication that he'd be a follower like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's really a hosed up market. I originally wanted a Nissan Frontier because I like the way the club cab Frontiers look, but the smaller truck actually gets significantly worse gas mileage than the full-size Titan. By like 10 mpg.

I think they just stopped actually developing and trying innovative stuff on anything but full size trucks at some point, shortbeds are #1 a lot huger than they used to be and #2 there aren't very many of them period anymore.

I had a Chevy S10 that I just about literally drove into the ground, I had around 370k miles on that thing. What finally killed it was the front axle pulled away from the horribly old, tired, and damaged chassis. I miss that damned little truck.

e: shortbed is probably the wrong term, whatever those pickups that were pickups but smaller versions are properly called. Compacts?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 18, 2017

• Locked thread