Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

That ui feels extremely console though

its only pc for now. so idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I think one of the Sienna paths is going to be that she starts using Dhar (dark magic) to augment her spells. She won't go full Necromancer but there'll be a lot more wailing of the damned when she casts.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Really hoping one of Victor's paths is going heretical if it grants him more rat killing power

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Giant Isopod posted:

Really hoping one of Victor's paths is going heretical if it grants him more rat killing power

dude it's gonna be BH/WH/Flagellant and you know it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the ui looks almost identical to the first game except the other players are up on the left instead of on the bottom and yours is in the bottom center instead of on the right what the heck are you guys on about

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 18, 2017

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Coolguye posted:

He looked like he was wearing a full closed-face helm in the preview video.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Coolguye posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df44935r_do&t=130s

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

the ui looks almost identical to the first game except the other players are up on the left instead of on the bottom and yours is in the bottom center instead of on the right what the heck are you guys on about

are you on drugs

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

AggressivelyStupid posted:

are you on drugs

they've even got literally identical shield icons in there as placeholder assets for stamina

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

idk if it's a testament to the surprising amount of dialogue this game has that I'm still hearing new conversations after 100 hours, or a testament to how inconsistently they actually trigger

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

exactly what i was thinking when i posted that it :cool: :hf: :coal:

dmboogie posted:

idk if it's a testament to the surprising amount of dialogue this game has that I'm still hearing new conversations after 100 hours, or a testament to how inconsistently they actually trigger
the latter. a lot of these things as far as i can tell can only be triggered by using the drat console.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

He looked like he was wearing a full closed-face helm in the preview video.
that's his Bounty Hunter job

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Super fuckin hyped, you don't even know.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Yardbomb posted:

Super fuckin hyped, you don't even know.

yeah, it all looks rad as gently caress and only time will tell how the whole class thing plays out, but for right now i'm optimistic

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Over and over Fatshark showed they're legitimately pretty good at the actual design part of the game, *especially* with their various tweaks to the weapons and characters. I'm really optimistic.

Like, the 1.5 update took it from 'game I really enjoy' to 'Hell yes kill all the rats.'

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The steam page now says release date is Q1, with a preorder up now for 10% off which includes the new vermintide 1 DLC

I'm guessing the DLC is going to be the last bit of setup for vermin2de, following what stromdorf revealed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Here's hoping for a L4D2 scenario where there's a level of transfer between the two games.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Digirat posted:

The steam page now says release date is Q1, with a preorder up now for 10% off which includes the new vermintide 1 DLC

Same prices as the original too and the collector's edition is about the same sort of thing as the first, soundtrack, big map thing, some goodies that dress up your hideout and your portrait.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Here's hoping for a L4D2 scenario where there's a level of transfer between the two games.

Considering mod and dedicated server support are two of their upfront bullet point features, I'd say you could likely bet on it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mod support makes me hopeful for rats only again :gbsmith:

Also they confirmed no pvp! Said they're focusing 100% on making a good coop game like the first.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 18, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Digirat posted:

Also they confirmed no pvp! Said they're focusing 100% on making a good coop game like the first.

Good news.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
20+ enemy types is certainly ambitious, considering the first game only had eight, nine if you count Krench.

Digirat posted:

Oh thank goodness. Super pumped about this.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

thank gently caress, i was worried they would stretch themselves too thin. and with what they've revealed so far? i want them to focus on -that- and get it actually ready

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
this is fatshark so every good thing they do will be marred by about 3-5 other bugs and they might not even be related to the subject they're focused on.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
god. it looks loving awesome. i need to get a new pc. guess i'll wait for console.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

they've even got literally identical shield icons in there as placeholder assets for stamina

Thank God there's more to the user interface than stamina shield icons

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Yardbomb posted:

Same prices as the original too and the collector's edition is about the same sort of thing as the first, soundtrack, big map thing, some goodies that dress up your hideout and your portrait.

Considering mod and dedicated server support are two of their upfront bullet point features, I'd say you could likely bet on it.

preordered it both because it's cheaper for my region, but also because i think there's some pricing error which means that it's :20bux: for the collectors edition (and it's cheaper than the normal version for some reason)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like how even the Collector's edition is still less than it costs to buy a baseline AAA game. And Fatshark have had Vermintide sell like gangbusters.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

I like how even the Collector's edition is still less than it costs to buy a baseline AAA game. And Fatshark have had Vermintide sell like gangbusters.

I went on the steam discussions page and the first topic I saw was someone bitching that the game should be half off to anyone who bought the first vermintide.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Vargs posted:

I went on the steam discussions page and the first topic I saw was someone bitching that the game should be half off to anyone who bought the first vermintide.

So my L4D2 comment was on point.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
With the talk of the sequel I've got the fever to go back and play the first game again. I've forgotten how satisfying it is to play Baradin and go HAM with the pick.

I just got my first orange elf glaive last night, is it still super dominant or did it they ease back on it since back when it was death incarnate?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's still a good one hit ko weapon but they reduced its range so you can only instakill about three rats with one swing tops. It's more of a dedicated special killer than a crowd weapon anymore. Still a good one but you need to be more careful when using it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It has only ever hit 2 rats at a time.

It was heavily nerfed in 1.5 by reducing the damage from 10 to 6 (bodyshot cataclysm clan rat down to bodyshot nightmare rat) and reducing the swing speed. So as a slower swinging weapon it's kind of where the 2h hammer was before they made it headshot cataclysm clan rats: super fun on nightmare but damage suffers heavily on cataclysm since needing one more swing to kill a rat hurts slower weapons disproportionately. But unlike the 2h hammer it doesn't have the CC that will make it useful regardless of damage and its swings keep you from blocking for longer than almost any other weapon, so it's even harder to use than that weapon.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I hope Chaos stays secondary to the strong rat sons and is just there for extra variety.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah I know it was just a small amount of prerelease gameplay but fighting those football players looked so dull and devoid of personality next to skaven. Vermintide is all about chopping up masses of silly rat dudes who pop out of holes and charge into the slaughter chanting "all will die-die" and "stick togethaahhhh, yes-yes"

it remains to be seen whether the variety they bring will outweigh how much more boring they seem to be than the rats

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I would've preferred orcs and gobbos over chaos, for sure. Though it would make a lot less sense for them to be fighting alongside skaven. Maybe they'd just have to kill each other as well.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Add a new bomb type similar to boomer bile except instead it makes the greenskins and skaven fight.
There's also the power divide. The stormvermin are the closest the skaven come to having an organized unit on part with an average human's skill. But chaos warriors are jacked up mutant vikings as a baseline. They don't really fit the horde style of gameplay as much as skaven, orcs and beastmen do.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 18, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Marauders work fine. They're armor-less and no better than the average State Troop mook. It's only the Warriors who have the crazy armor and talent for murder.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Chaos should be fine if used sparingly. I mean, we're not going to see hordes of marauders spewing out of a hole in the ground and crawling up walls. That would be pretty funny though. I'm guessing they won't spawn with nearly as much frequency as skaven and won't be part of horde events.

Chaos warriors are straight-up mini-bosses and that rules. They should be hard to take out.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean the bar for 'are you a badass yet' in Fantasy was always 'can you kill a Chaos Warrior one on one.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well if they stick the the marauders I hope they ham it up a bit with their dialogue. Low grunts and roars are nothing when you could have a bunch of wannabe super men screaming challenges and honor like a bunch of confused Klingons.

• Locked thread