Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

This doesn’t make me think Portis is hard at all. Cheap shots don’t count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Bobby Digital posted:

There have been way more than 10 Duke players in the league.

I'm praying the Bulls keep Bobby Portis and draft Grayson Allen

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
My internet died tonight so yay phone watching to start the NBA season.

But also holy loving :lol: Bulls. Portis broke Mirotic's face is the crazy capstone to the off-season.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Nobody's kneeling during the first anthem, we'll be free of bad takes for a while, hooray

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

EvanTH posted:

Nobody's kneeling during the first anthem, we'll be free of bad takes for a while, hooray
I kneeled

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

EvanTH posted:

CBA says the literally cannot kneel

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Jota posted:

By the way it is incredible that the NBA kept the offseason drama going until literally hours before the first game of the season. What a summer it has been

This has got to be the greatest NBA offseason of all time. Glad we got it after such a boring season.

Dexo posted:

Rip Niko's face

Crazy if he is permanently disfigured. For some reason I'm reminded of the time doctors had to cut off Najera's face and it looked fine after.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Was it Evan or Dejan who said Bobby Portholes was a dangerous, unstable rogue when he entered the league because he had sanpaku

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

straight up brolic posted:

Might not have been a cheapshot tbh

If they had already gotten into it and into a shoving match.

It might have been a fair one.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

NickRoweFillea posted:

Everyone reply to this with your most absolutely thermonuclear spicy take for the season. It can be anything.

I'm looking forward to watching James Harden and Chris Paul play together

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I wonder if Portis could also face serious legal repercussions.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/920431663959724032

Yeah this seems like a fair one

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Everyone reply to this with your most absolutely thermonuclear spicy take for the season. It can be anything.

Prediction: Lebron and President Deals go after each other again when Lebron suffers a huge unseen loss

all of the dumb NBA drama that we all love so much is at least 35% fake

e: just skipped from page 3 over to this, totally missed the Krazy Eyez Killa drama on the Bulls, that's got to be it for Portis as a Bull, the man who took one too many pump fakes

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

That doesn't speak to anything. There's a shoving match in half the practices; 99% of the time it doesn't end up with someone in the hospital.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

fairness isn’t finding the only account that matches the side of the story that you’d like to believe lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

EvanTH posted:

Kerr was raised in the neighborhood rappers use to hyperbolize the violence of their own cities and the PLO murdered his Dad he's hard as steel

https://youtu.be/YXfXJsNlyT4

Counterpoint imagine I posted a picture of Steve Kerr here

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

are we at the point where we don't trust Woj reports?

Then sure yeah.

But the way beat reporters have talked about it made it sound like this was something that was getting chippy shovey and portis swung.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Gordon Heyward's leg is at a 90 degree angle from his body. That was one of the most horrific sports injuries I've ever seen

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

also holy poo poo Gordon Hayward's leg jesus christ that was shown too long.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
HOLY poo poo the gently caress is going on with the bulls

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
So like, Portis’s career is over I assume?

Edit: Portis corrects to “Portia” hmph

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Doltos posted:

Gordon Heyward's leg is at a 90 degree angle from his body. That was one of the most horrific sports injuries I've ever seen

I've never reacted to an injury i saw like that before. That was unbelievable. Feel so bad for the dude jesus christ. The looks on all the players' faces really said so much

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/920443423802429441

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

fairness isn’t finding the only account that matches the side of the story that you’d like to believe lol

That was my point.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Dr.Radical posted:

So like, Portia’s career is over I assume?

probably not.

It depends on what led to it and if it Portis was provoked into it.

Not that that it seriously excuses swinging on someone, but it's treated completely differently if it was instigated or just an outright blindside cheapshot.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Not even breaking your leg can get a foul called.

Dexo posted:

probably not.

It depends on what led to it and if it Portis was provoked into it.

Not that that it seriously excuses swinging on someone, but it's treated completely differently if it was instigated or just an outright blindside cheapshot.

If you're hospitalizing coworkers you've got to be talented. Portis doesn't have the talent to survive this.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress could mirotic have been doing to bobby for three years
https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/920426155341221890

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Well I'm now glad I'm at work and not watching the game

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

what the gently caress could mirotic have been doing to bobby for three years
https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/920426155341221890

leaving googley eyes all over the facility

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm gonna be the edgy dude and say that Hayward is probably just excited to have a excuse to sit around and play LoL for the next 9 months

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hope we find out this whole thing happened because Mirotic has spent 3 years yelling BRICK! every time Portis shoots in practice

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

drat that was loving brutal

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I'm upset and someone has to hug me right now. Get well soon Gordon.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I loving hate it when this poo poo happens on opening day

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

:laffo: this weak rear end poo poo ain't changing nothing

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Goddamn Hayward’s foot looked like if he had a prosthetic and it slipped off.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

RIP Gordon Hayward

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jota posted:

I've never reacted to an injury i saw like that before. That was unbelievable. Feel so bad for the dude jesus christ. The looks on all the players' faces really said so much
Was it like the Garabjosa injuyr where a player goes to help him up and sees the injury and then just like staggers back covering his eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm upset and someone has to hug me right now. Get well soon Gordon.

Sorry Cool Buff Man. I was super excited for the Celtics lineup this year and now it’s all hosed.

• Locked thread