Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

paragon1 posted:

. . . and that bote lobby has so far been cruelly denied our precious.

Ah huh. What I hear is, "Baby want bottle now!!" :colbert:

power crystals posted:

Voting Mirage + Invisiboat because that one stands a chance of winning over an actively bad choice (sorry, Cour!)

Its cool buddy. :respek:

How about this, instead of voting for something that 'might win', you help us and vote for something we're passionate about?

I'll trade you a vote down the line? Maybe HereticMIND is willing to make that deal too?

power crystals posted:

PS Top Gun owns, gently caress the hater

Heck yeah. Tomcats and Kelly McGillis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Mirages and Bote.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

CourValant posted:

Its cool buddy. :respek:

How about this, instead of voting for something that 'might win', you help us and vote for something we're passionate about?

I'll trade you a vote down the line? Maybe HereticMIND is willing to make that deal too?

Hey I am more passionate about not crippling our finances with boondoggle missiles/bombs than I am about Tomcats.

And I really like Tomcats.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
:ussr: Ivanov Lenin :ussr:

shas
Jul 27, 2011

honestly I'm willing to flip flop either way on the Mirages or Gripens so long as we get the goddamn boat

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

CourValant posted:

Ah huh. What I hear is, "Baby want bottle now!!" :colbert:

All I hear is "Nihao Comrade".

Tell me Cour, what does it take to make a man turn Maoist? Women? Precious gems? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality the Little Red Book?

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

CourValant posted:

...Maybe. As long as we get these Tomcats at the earliest opportunity (preferably now).

Because DESTINY DEMANDS IT.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

If you change the vote just make another post. Please don't go back and edit your original. That way I can start tallying early and not have to run through the list again. I haven't started tallying yet, so no need to revise anything.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
Mirages + invisibote

Stealth aircraft, bote, and more sexy delta winged french fighters? Whats not to love?

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
Mirages + Bote for me

pinchofginger
Nov 7, 2009
Fallen Rib
Tomcats & 'Murica

Noshtane
Nov 22, 2007

The fish itself incites to deeds of hunger
Gripen + Invisibote

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
K&P Gripens + Invisibote

The catbird will rise from the ashes.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Mirages + Invisibote

e: what the gently caress is that avatar

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Gripens and invisiboat

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

Gripens and Bote.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

sparkmaster posted:

Mirages + invisibote

Stealth aircraft, bote, and more sexy delta winged french fighters? Whats not to love?

I'm getting SOMETHING from Area 88, goddamnit, even if I know the F5s would be totally worthless.

I'm with this.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Just Mirages

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

power crystals posted:

Hey I am more passionate about not crippling our finances with boondoggle missiles/bombs than I am about Tomcats.

And I really like Tomcats.

What if I tell you Kelly McGillis also comes with the Tomcat?

Are you really going to refuse Charlie?

paragon1 posted:

All I hear is "Nihao Comrade".

Tell me Cour, what does it take to make a man turn Maoist? Women? Precious gems? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality the Little Red Book?

Not likely, have you seen Maoist Women? :stonk:

That being said, HG sure buys into that philosophy, especially Team War Crime, going around with the 'Power extends from the barrel of a gun'.

pinchofginger posted:

Tomcats & 'Murica

:wave:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

CourValant posted:

Not likely, have you seen Maoist Women? :stonk:

That being said, HG sure buys into that philosophy, especially Team War Crime, going around with the 'Power extends from the barrel of a gun'.

Team War Crime is a seditious rumor spread by the agents of hostile foreign powers.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

paragon1 posted:

Team War Crime is a seditious rumor spread by the agents of hostile foreign powers.

Now who's going Maoist, Comrade Paragon?

Vote with us; Tomcats are cool, we'll redeem the F-117 in another Balkans conflict, and Intruders seat side-by-side, I'll hold your beer for you. :)

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Whatever K&P option is ahead + invisibote.

If i'm not allowed to do that, then I pick the Gripens.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Gripens and Invisibote. It might not necessarily be the optimum choice (despite Bac's excellent post), but by drat Gripens are the Hired Goons schtick. We started with em, we'll go down in flames with em.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
Gripens & Bote

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Mirages + bote. luv me some vintage eurotrash.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

CourValant posted:

Now who's going Maoist, Comrade Paragon?

Vote with us; Tomcats are cool, we'll redeem the F-117 in another Balkans conflict, and Intruders seat side-by-side, I'll hold your beer for you. :)

Now where would you get the crazy idea that I'm some sort of communist?

Anyway no can do, I just got my business cards that say "Bote Lobbyist" on them. That's not the kind of commitment that you just walk away from.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Tomcats and Aardvarks

Never not swingwing and I guess the P-3 is cool

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Tomcats and A-10's

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing
Gripens & invisibote!

Lamadar
Nov 24, 2007
Gripens & Invisibote, let us get Grey Hunter his ship for him to sink

cannonfodder43
Jul 15, 2004

Lamadar posted:

Gripens & Invisibote, let us get Grey Hunter his ship for him to sink

Gripens & Invisibote indeed. If we get the invisibote, then Grey Hunter gets to be the head of fleet intelligence. I do not see how this could go wrong.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Mirages + Invisibote

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
K&P, Gripens + Invisiboat

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

A reminder that Grey Hunter went from winning the battle of Midway using surface combatants to losing a gunfight with the entire continent of Australia.

He is the perfect admiral for Hayard Gunnes.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Mirages and intel Bote.

If the MURICA option had an equal number of 117s I would be far more conflicted.

I should also mention that the bote looks like it can launch Helos, so we could send Cobbie out on Tactical Insertions.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 18, 2017

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Gripens + invisibote

Even without the SDBs, the gripens can carry 4x paveway or 2x cluster bombs + 2x mavericks, and the IRIS-T apparently doesn't get a huge tax on it.

And with the Gripens we actually have some good planes.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Gripens & invisiboat

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Mirages+Invisiboat

pinchofginger
Nov 7, 2009
Fallen Rib

Tuna-Fish posted:

Even without the SDBs, the gripens can carry 4x paveway or 2x cluster bombs + 2x mavericks, and the IRIS-T apparently doesn't get a huge tax on it.

And with the Gripens we actually have some good planes.

IRIS-T has a gimpy range though (15nm), and good planes still die to below-average AAMs if you have to close to within the no-escape zone.

Basically if we don't get AMRAAMs on our Gripens, they're probably going to die to them.

pinchofginger fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Mirages + Invisibote