Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm not really good at tanking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

lol i should've started josh the clown over matty ice

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lol I only just realized, spermy is already done for the week, nobody left to play. kinda takes away the suspense but I'll take it

e. oh wait two guys still playing, douggie could still get three touchdowns and sink me

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 15, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You wanted a close game with a bottom 4 team?

You should have known better!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

there's one martin td

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I feel like my chances are rapidly diminishing since the game ended.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's always stat corrections! They could have missed two or three touchdowns in there somewhere, you never know.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

There's always stat corrections! They could have missed two or three touchdowns in there somewhere, you never know.

I wish they could stat correct the abuse they gave ASJ.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Per person? It could happen!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
:lostseason:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Alright just gotta wait for the Monday game and hope my boys come thru with another 50 pts.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Another 15 minutes and my boys are going to put the hurt on Leper.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm still waiting for Elvis Dumervil's points. I figured he'd be a great IDP plug-in! I know a man named Elvis would never be a disappointment.

Also Coby Fleener.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I am surprised that fleener, who is pretty reliant on garbage time didn't do anything in that scoring explosion.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I was looking for an injury report, it was really confusing seeing NO rack up those points with zero contribution from Fleener. Rotoworld says he got a single target. Yeesh.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

To be fair, brees didn't do much.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Zauper posted:

To be fair, brees didn't do much.

Tell me about it. At least my opponent had Rodgers (RIP)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oooh man, almost had you tonight Leper. That was a close one!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Wait, I dropped Jason Pierre-Paul and he puts up 33? He had only put up more than 8 once before.

gently caress this game.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'm not really good at tanking

Lots of poo poo talk from a guy who hasn't beat a single team with a winning record...

I suppose there are only 4 teams with a winning record, but you lost to me and McLean, and beat the two bottom teams. You beating the 0-6 Chefs isn't exactly a surprise.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Zauper posted:

Lots of poo poo talk from a guy who hasn't beat a single team with a winning record...

Lots of poo poo talk from a guy who has a lower PF than Straight Bass Homie.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Lots of poo poo talk from a guy who has a lower PF than Straight Bass Homie.

Total PF is irrelevant when you're talking about an average of under 1.5 points per game (aka under 1%), because margin of victory is pointless. Especially compared to, you know, having had played him and won.

Aside from week 1 -- since which time I've re-vamped my defense and he hasn't done much of anything -- my 5 games have been in a 10 point spread -- roughly 149 points to 159 points. He's scored above that spread two times and below it four times (and never in it), with his two high weeks coming against the 1-5 and 0-6 teams. Who cares about racking up PF against the worst teams in the league if you're losing the games against other winning teams?

So in spite of him having 'higher average PF', he's more likely to lose to me than beat me.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Okay, a different conversation.

I was looking at the rules to check in on trade / waiver deadline, and it looks like the rules currently state:

quote:

[Should the waiver process be locked for the playoffs?]
[What should happen during the post-season?]

in the FAAB waiver section, and there is no trading section.

Do we have a plan for this? Should we be discussing it?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

u know what's really funny

if we played each other each week we'd be 3-3 and ur tryin 2 win :kiddo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7reeeApqWo

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I now return you to your regularly scheduled nerdery

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zauper posted:

Okay, a different conversation.

I was looking at the rules to check in on trade / waiver deadline, and it looks like the rules currently state:

in the FAAB waiver section, and there is no trading section.

Do we have a plan for this? Should we be discussing it?

Yeah right now there's no trade or waiver deadline. It seems like so far people have recognized that they're in a dynasty league and aren't likely to sell out their team to the contenders, and similarly the contenders aren't willing to mortgage their futures to try and grab a guy to maybe be more likely to win a little bit this year.

We talked a bit this year about what to do during the offseason. I think one thing we generally agree on is that we need to fix some of the holes in the rules earlier rather than waiting till the end of the summer/two weeks before football begins to try and hash it all out. The drawback to that is, if one or two owners drop out of the league, then they're voting and affecting league rules and then leaving, and that's kinda off.

But I think we gotta just accept that and try and get everyone to discuss/vote on key issues in like February so it doesn't get forgotten about by August.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm stealing George Kittle from Ash Ketchum!!!

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I'm stealing George Kittle from Ash Ketchum!!!

I will start him.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

dangit

you've got Kelce and Reed, you don't need him :(

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

you don't need him :(

How's it feel?

:argh:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I didn't realize I was sitting on a goldmine with Bradford.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah holy LOL those bids
$14 for a linebacker? Kuechly only costs me $12 (when he's healthy)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Plus I think Bradfords career is over.

Man that first game he was throwing some amazing balls. Too bad his knees are jello.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I have some good IDPs if people are looking. Mosely, Neal, Jones, and Vaccaro are kinda pointless when I can only start 3 at most of I'm including Jack

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
good day so far for the brick squad

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What the gently caress you guys. I barely break 100 and you guys push 200.

Eat my rear end.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

my defense guys are going apeshit

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
drat,I shoulda started Baldwin. I'd be over 200 easy by now

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

holy poo poo zeke keeping me in it also holy poo poo why is josh mccown my best qb also alshon please have a good monday night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
what's the league record for points in a week?