Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The Saboteur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dewgy posted:

There’s a tiny, tiny moment in this new Wolfenstein trailer that I think is gonna rile up a bunch of internet assholes, more than usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H561RVqNy4s

See if you can spot it. :allears:

Yeah, for some reason a lot of people get super angry about the DD/MM/YY date format, idgi

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm loving dying at this stupid rear end top heavy robot just falling over instantly

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I took a peek at the robot fight thing and those robots aren't even close to what I would call 'giant'

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Saint Freak posted:

The Saboteur

doesn't it have really bad compatibility with newer systems though, and virtually no modding community? such a shame, saboteur is such a great game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Whoops wrong thread

Edit: answer is Hearts of Iron 2

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Olive! posted:

I took a peek at the robot fight thing and those robots aren't even close to what I would call 'giant'

The robots could eat my car

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The White Dragon posted:

doesn't it have really bad compatibility with newer systems though, and virtually no modding community? such a shame, saboteur is such a great game.

I have it on Origin and I can run it on Win 10 with no issues. Nth'ing that it's good.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

precision posted:

okay now post the article where the winner tells what happened

like did they just straight up hire the winner prostitutes??? lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
fractured but whole making a bid for GOTY:

:allears:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

blue squares posted:

What is the best World War Two video game of all time?

Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
advanced war: blackened but whole

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I agree this fight was a bust, but I'm fine with it as a first effort.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ometeotl posted:

:lol: GT Sport is always online. If you're offline, you can't even save your single player progress or collect in-game currency.

That seems like a hilariously stupid decision

I'm amazed they were still around after working on their Star Wars game for 4 years without anything to show for it. That project must've been really hosed.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

can you actually skip the cutscenes in the new wolfenstein

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dewgy posted:

There’s a tiny, tiny moment in this new Wolfenstein trailer that I think is gonna rile up a bunch of internet assholes, more than usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H561RVqNy4s

See if you can spot it. :allears:

is it the slow move speed, boring weapons and lame level design? lol nailed it. keep the change kid.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The White Dragon posted:

Works fine on my PS3

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I just read this article and got really depressed :(

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/farewell-visceral-games-push-towards-destiny-model-claims-another-victim

Visceral closing is so loving sad, and for what it represents too.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

blue squares posted:

What is the best World War Two video game of all time?

The vampire nazi one from atlus. Or valkyria chronicles

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That seems like a hilariously stupid decision

I'm amazed they were still around after working on their Star Wars game for 4 years without anything to show for it. That project must've been really hosed.

I mean, they only hired Amy Hennig and started production on it mid-2014. The EA statement is pretty transparent that they decided they don't want a single player story-driven experience and want something players can "replay for years to come" or some poo poo, meaning some sort of games as a service lootbox model like with Battlefront and their other properties

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

is it the slow move speed, boring weapons and lame level design? lol nailed it. keep the change kid.

lol drat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's harsh bc I did kind of enjoy TNO but it's not nearly as good as I was led to believe it would be. Same with the recent doom

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

In Training posted:

That's harsh bc I did kind of enjoy TNO but it's not nearly as good as I was led to believe it would be. Same with the recent doom

The setting was more interesting than the gameplay, but I was okay with that because I'm super picky about my FPSes. Just needed to be good enough for me to blow up robo Nazis.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In Training posted:

:yeah: but without the exclamation point, just a sad period instead

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I liked TNO a lot more than new Doom.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I liked TNO a lot more than new Doom.

:same:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sakurazuka posted:

Works fine on my PS3

i got a 360 that gen, i needed lost odyssey and blue dragon and, well, we know what happens to 360s that are decade old :(

In Training posted:

tno was enjoyable, skipped doom 2016, and 2017's first person darling PREY blew my fuckin mind

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Prey has too much unavoidable combat with repetitive enemies and low ammunition

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

You know, i played -but not beaten- the first Mordor game. I was gifted and I thought it was pretty cool.

I bought the new one yesterday and felt... Totally unenthused. To the point where I'm just going to get a steam refund (first time ever doing). I dont know if I'm unimpressed with the game itself or if the LOTOR setting just doesnt do it for me. Because i played arkham knight and ate that poo poo up with its similar combat system.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I will say that the game has barely even started two hours in, but you're probably not missing much in the embarrassment of riches that is 2017 in video gaming

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
holy poo poo the scene in south park 2 if you choose to be a girl

seriously great

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
just beat castlevania iv. should i play chronicles or skip to rondo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was going to say that you had missed Bloodlines but somehow both Rondo and Chronicles are actually older...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Chronicles is just CV 1 with nicer graphics and remixed music and twice as hard. The PS1 version replaces the main character sprite with one that looks more like an Ayami Kojima character instead of old barbarian Simon and remixes the music yet again to sound like Dracula has a disco constantly set up in his castle.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can tell Bloodlines is a really late Megadrive game because everything is made out of a million smaller sprites and slows down constantly.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Finished episode 3 of Umineko last night.

I got tricked

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9E1E71eTmY

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Getting so antsy with the limitations of your technology that the game runs like poo poo" is a staple of the end of game console generations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The techno soundtrack in Chronicles is the best Castlevania OST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
treasure was the only game company who could make their games poo poo billions of tiny sprites without murdering performance, and that is why they are the greatest game devs of the 90s

• Locked thread