Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i use him on the venom/carnage floor where they CC you all the time, which they cant do to him cos hes in permanent iframe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think that's the big one because its got a "flame is more effective" buff to it so he can do the necessary damage. I can't win with him in a general wave or Universal stage.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I use T1 OG Ghost Rider w/ uni to solo a low level universal relay every week. Not super fast cause only his 2 and auto attacks hurt the other GR but he never dies. The more lovely t1s I use on low stages the more good t2s I can use on late stages to faceroll them. Keeps SL from taking too long each week.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

So, am I right that Scarlet Witch and Apoc are generating a solid “meh”?

I ask because I just got Witch and before I commit to the lovely slog that is leveling up a “super native T2” or however you want to put it, I’d be mad if I’m better off saving BAM and bios for better poo poo from Ranagarok.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I see NO Apocalypses in Invasion/Timeline and I'm starting to see Scarlet Witch now. So I imagine not a lot of people have them built up yet and haven't battle tested them. Or maybe I'm wrong and they're just not using them because they suck.

I wouldn't know because I'm still working on getting Jean up so I can hopefully get the 15 second thing to get Cable so I can get Quicksilver up so I can get Witch and... if Ragnarok is an Epic Quest its really going to slow my poo poo down.

Cinara posted:

I use T1 OG Ghost Rider w/ uni to solo a low level universal relay every week. Not super fast cause only his 2 and auto attacks hurt the other GR but he never dies. The more lovely t1s I use on low stages the more good t2s I can use on late stages to faceroll them. Keeps SL from taking too long each week.

My OG Ghost Rider just can't do poo poo against the other GR and then eventually he just gets double teamed and taken out. I must be using his skills wrong because I definitely don't find him unkillable.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

navyjack posted:

So, am I right that Scarlet Witch and Apoc are generating a solid “meh”?

I ask because I just got Witch and before I commit to the lovely slog that is leveling up a “super native T2” or however you want to put it, I’d be mad if I’m better off saving BAM and bios for better poo poo from Ranagarok.

That's the word, yah. My level 55, 6 star Witch is blowing away a teens level Shadowland stage solo for me though, but that's not really worth it for the cost

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fart simpson posted:

That's the word, yah. My level 55, 6 star Witch is blowing away a teens level Shadowland stage solo for me though, but that's not really worth it for the cost

Also hardly anyone's unlocked Apocalypse yet. I'm pretty sure it's less than 10k, maybe less than 5k players globally.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
She's still good but underwhelming, yeah. She really feels unfinished because of how janky her skills are: poor tracking, 4th skill will fire outside of range doing no damage, the remove buffs effect on her slow rear end 3rd skill triggers at the end of the animation meaning she's forced to take reflect damage before removing it, etc.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

STAC Goat posted:

My OG Ghost Rider just can't do poo poo against the other GR and then eventually he just gets double teamed and taken out. I must be using his skills wrong because I definitely don't find him unkillable.

You're using his uni, right? Concentrate on taking out Thor and Ronan first and just ignore the other GR. Then just spam your invuln (where the model T does a sick donut and burns out) and fill with your autoattack. Both are physical, and he can't do jack poo poo to you. It takes a while though.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Get the GR and Thor right next to each other, then do 2 - 5 - 2 - 3 repeat, staggering just a bit between skills so the 5 / 3 will stun them for a sec while the 2 comes back. When the Thor dies re -position so Ronan and GR are grouped up and same rotation again. Once Ronan dies just mash 2 until the fight ends, GR is immune to everything else. You didn't mention uni either, but if you don't have that he is 100% garbage, as the uni invuln is what keeps him alive.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Applied to Goonlactus as Thaddeus Dugan. (Waifu Squad is apparently not picking up calls.)

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
Applied to Goonlactus as Xerri. (Missed that they were at 39/40)

Tulenian fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 18, 2017

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

STAC Goat posted:

I see NO Apocalypses in Invasion/Timeline and I'm starting to see Scarlet Witch now. So I imagine not a lot of people have them built up yet and haven't battle tested them. Or maybe I'm wrong and they're just not using them because they suck.

I wouldn't know because I'm still working on getting Jean up so I can hopefully get the 15 second thing to get Cable so I can get Quicksilver up so I can get Witch and... if Ragnarok is an Epic Quest its really going to slow my poo poo down.

I don't know if you've got the stuff for it, but I managed to hit the 15 second unlock by using Hela(L), Sharon Rogers(w/ uniform), and War Wolf. Strikers were: Doctor Strange (w/ uniform), and then I think I used something like 3 dodge ignore strikers, and maybe one other tier 2 character, but I can't remember. Basically, the idea is to jump in with War Wolf if you have his final ability maxed out, use it (Howl At Mars?) and then jump in with Sharon, hit the team attack to freeze Quicksilver with the Doctor Strange hit, then do 5, 4, 3. If you get really luckily (like I did) he'll take the brunt of the beam from the 4, and get vaporized. The dodge ignore is super important though, because otherwise you won't hit him enough to kill him before he triggers the animation.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got Jean to 6* and Level 59 today. Gonna make a run at Quicksilver tonight with her and then try to get her skills, mastery, and levels maxed the rest of the week. Hopefully that works.

If not I'll definitely try the War Wolf thing. I've read a lot about his value but I've never really messed with him. I don't know if he needs to be T2ed but I'm gettinb a ticket tomorrow. Was tentatively going to give it to Moon Knight, Black Panther, or Luke Cage but I'm not set on any of them so I'll look into Wolf. He'd give me the combat I'm clearly leaning towards.

Thanks.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I have a 6 star selector from the new player thing and idk who to use it on. I have sharon and rhulk at 6 stars already. are there any must haves I can pick with it or should I just pick whoever basically

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Wow, I just cleared Quicksilver in 13 seconds without meaning to. I did have Sharon and two ignore dodge teammates / three +energy attack teammates, but I didn't even put her with anyone for a group bonus. When I actually tried to do this last week I couldn't even break a minute. I just 3 -> 5 ->4ed him and he went down like nothing.

It'll still be forever until I get Cable tho since I need 50 more regular clears + I haven't levelled up any native t2s, let alone touch QS.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

So, I’m gonna hold off doing anything with SW (and therefore Apoc) while waiting for the Rangarok update. Also because Planescape has been ported to IOS and that’s my life right now.

*updated my journal*

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Randallteal posted:

Wow, I just cleared Quicksilver in 13 seconds without meaning to. I did have Sharon and two ignore dodge teammates / three +energy attack teammates, but I didn't even put her with anyone for a group bonus. When I actually tried to do this last week I couldn't even break a minute. I just 3 -> 5 ->4ed him and he went down like nothing.

It'll still be forever until I get Cable tho since I need 50 more regular clears + I haven't levelled up any native t2s, let alone touch QS.

Quicksilver is the new meta, op

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

navyjack posted:

So, I’m gonna hold off doing anything with SW (and therefore Apoc) while waiting for the Rangarok update. Also because Planescape has been ported to IOS and that’s my life right now.

*updated my journal*

Hey are you the bartender goon from Denver?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm having a serious problem with World Boss Invasion. Every time I try to play it takes like a minute to load and then I get "Disconnected from Server." This happens sometimes with me but no more than once or twice. But its seriously happened like 20 types for me tonight and I haven't been able to play once. Everything else seems to be working fine. My internet connection seems fine. I've been playing, streaming movies, posting here. I just can't get into that connection.

Also Jean didn't take down Quicksilver (in fact she took 2 minutes). Its all got me rather frustrated but I'm gonna try and wait until I get her gear and skills up to get too flustered by it.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Erdricks posted:

Hey are you the bartender goon from Denver?

Dunno. I’m A bartending goon from Denver.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
How do World Boss Invasion rewards work? I participate in them and see the weekly rewards light up at the bottom of the menu screen. Do I get each of those rewards once the boss' shared progress bar is gold/full?

I haven't noticed the rewards in my inbox, am I just overlooking them?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Woo! Finally unlocked Apoc. Now to do him 8 more times, and I can start using up my bios, feathers, and gold on him.

Didn't really have to spend much crystals, either. Just 3k because I was impatient and couldn't be arsed to wait for 13 more days of doing villain siege on hard and god knows how many days of doing a WB with 90 % health.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

amusinginquiry posted:

How do World Boss Invasion rewards work? I participate in them and see the weekly rewards light up at the bottom of the menu screen. Do I get each of those rewards once the boss' shared progress bar is gold/full?

I haven't noticed the rewards in my inbox, am I just overlooking them?

You get them at the end of the weekly cycle, they'll be sent to your inbox. You need to have completed at least one bonus mission objective to receive the rewards, AFAIK you only need one objective total over the whole week.

Datasmurf posted:

Woo! Finally unlocked Apoc. Now to do him 8 more times, and I can start using up my bios, feathers, and gold on him.

Didn't really have to spend much crystals, either. Just 3k because I was impatient and couldn't be arsed to wait for 13 more days of doing villain siege on hard and god knows how many days of doing a WB with 90 % health.

Plus at least 1050 crystals you spent on daily mission refreshes? I'm curious, is that just for the extra gold or what?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I’m on target to unlock him for free in 12 days

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Autumn Picnic Event

quote:

The leaves are turning brown and the winds are getting colder. Mockingbird, Sharon Carter, and Black Widow have prepared their fur boots as they prepare for one of their toughest missions yet… getting Pumpkin Spice Lattes!

:negative:

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

navyjack posted:

Dunno. I’m A bartending goon from Denver.

I came out there for work a couple years back and got quality drinks from you one night. You should def in get in our discord.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Vodos posted:

Plus at least 1050 crystals you spent on daily mission refreshes? I'm curious, is that just for the extra gold or what?
Oh, right, those too. But I use those anytime I've got the 450 crystals to spare, really. And yes, just for the extra gold.

It's not like I have anything else to spend crystals on, really. Except stuff from the store.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?

Can't wait for my 4* ticket!!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its that time again for me to annoy you by asking for advancement advice.

6* Ticket. Options: She-Hulk, Ironheart, Kid Kaiju, Sister Grimm, or save?
My thoughts? I'd like to get She Hulk up for her leadership but the smarter move is probably to use it on Kaiju or Ironheart.

T2 Ticket. Options: Beast, Black Panther, Moon Knight, Luke Cage, Sif, Ancient One, Baron Mordo, Iron Man, Wasp, Yellowjacket, Ant-Man, Winter Soldier, Ghost Rider, Santana, Thor, and Vision.
My thoughts? Beast, Santana, Ancient One, Mordo, Ant-Man, and Thor all seem like people I can naturally T2 with bios I get from special stuff so the ticket seems like a waste on them. I'm leaning towards one of the combat ones, notable Black Panther or Moon Knight. Also debating just hanging onto it.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
If I were you I would save them both until the next update hits. It's what I'm doing since I don't know about new characters or what the new outfits will do.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

True. These things just tend to burn a whole in my pocket. I nerd out for sharing that advancement notice with my alliance.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

True. These things just tend to burn a whole in my pocket. I nerd out for sharing that advancement notice with my alliance.

I have 1 Mega Rank up ticket, 4 6* tickets, 8 5* tickets and 3 4* tickets sitting in my inventory, finally broke down and got the bio sub so plan on using them up soonish. Was saving my Mega Ticket for Clea but she is already 3* and not even done with Black Magic Woman yet so might just use a 4* and 5* on Clea. Maybe use the Mega on the new Ragnarok character if its available and good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I stashed a bunch of 4*, 5*, and 6* tickets awhile back, got the bio sub and then got Kaiju and Ironheart up to 5* and Spider-Man 2099 to 6 in relatively cheap/quick order. Which is why I'm debating using the 6* on Kaiju or Ironheart to complete the job, but I really should just sit on it and see if better options come along. I'm clearly Shadowland up to Stage 20, when I care about Timeline I can win, I don't care about WBU, and I'll never, ever, ever beat Quicksilver in 15 seconds. So there's no real pressing needs and I should just wait for Ragnarok at least.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

6* Ticket. Sister Grimm, or save?

DO NOT GET SISTER GRIMM. God she is awful now compared to any even somewhat top tier character. Her T2 does not help nearly enough, I have T1 characters that can do more than her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I have no real pressing need for her. She was just in the list of people I can't farm or use bio selectors on.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Cinara posted:

DO NOT GET SISTER GRIMM. God she is awful now compared to any even somewhat top tier character. Her T2 does not help nearly enough, I have T1 characters that can do more than her.

I’m hoping Nico gets her just due when the Runaways show hits! (I love Nico, she is my wifu and I have had her since day one but yah she is bad right now)

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
Hey all, I'm almost ready to use a T2 ticket on Iron Fist (a good idea, right..?). Should I buy his Marvel's Iron Fist costume now while its on sale or should I wait for the update which may bring another (and possibly better) uniform sale? Thanks in advance, peace

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's a really god drat good outfit so if he got a new one it would really have to be something special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It might not go on sale with the Ragnarok update. Sometimes they specialize the sales so like only Asgardian costumes are on sale or something.

But even if Iron Fist doesn't go on sale in a week another sale will come around a couple of weeks later. So if you don't mind waiting you'll get another shot sooner or later.

If you're in need of a big gun now Netflix Iron Fist was definitely one of the big ones that helped me, even though now i don't really use him that much since i got Wolverine.