Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

New Butt Order posted:

Yeah, but they dunked on him so hard it was still good content. Also he was lucky enough to be male or else we would have had posters calling him misogynist slurs for several pages and being absolutely furious that a member of the working class wasn't star-struck to serve them.

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

New Butt Order posted:

Yeah, but they dunked on him so hard it was still good content. Also he was lucky enough to be male or else we would have had posters calling him misogynist slurs for several pages and being absolutely furious that a member of the working class wasn't star-struck to serve them.

Only one person in the thread was calling her a bitch and everyone called on them on it, you don't have to act so loving righteous about it.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I see that Shrimp Heaven Now shirt all the time. I hate it! It doesn't have "Please Daniel, we can't keep doing this!" on it and it annoys me. Bah! I'm oddly grumpy about it!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtBAlJ0oNwk

I have a lot of thoughts on Travis's western shirt w/ french cuffs. Mostly that it owns and it looks like someone designed it from the ground up with him in mind.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Honestly the audience questions were real good this time around. I can kind of relate to the lady simultaneously interested and afraid of horror.

What was that thing John Hodgman mentioned about Edgar Allen Poe or whoever? It sounds interesting and I know some people who could benefit from hearing about it.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I see that Shrimp Heaven Now shirt all the time. I hate it! It doesn't have "Please Daniel, we can't keep doing this!" on it and it annoys me. Bah! I'm oddly grumpy about it!

It doesn't? What the gently caress, that's such an important part of the story

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

stone cold posted:

okay so ten large per commercial ad makes a lot more sense in that context

I wonder how many of those downloads are from people like me who are nowhere near America and couldn't take advantage of most of the ad offers even if I wanted to.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I can't order from Winc even if I wanted to because of Rhode Island's liqour laws. Shame too, as I actually did like the whole flavor profile survey.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the mbmbam/mcelroy fanbase never struck me as being particularly big spenders, but maybe that's just the most vocal fans. Maybe there are actually a lot of normie listeners who are more than happy to drop hundreds of dollars for trunkclub and it's me, I'm the fool.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, I used their Proflowers promo code to get my mom some flowers for Mother's Day, but those are flowers and they were like 20 bucks.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
The final episode of monster factory just like art... for now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeKgJhpw29s

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

well why not posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtBAlJ0oNwk

I have a lot of thoughts on Travis's western shirt w/ french cuffs. Mostly that it owns and it looks like someone designed it from the ground up with him in mind.

Travis figured out a Look that works for him, I respect that.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Mikedawson posted:

Honestly the audience questions were real good this time around. I can kind of relate to the lady simultaneously interested and afraid of horror.

What was that thing John Hodgman mentioned about Edgar Allen Poe or whoever? It sounds interesting and I know some people who could benefit from hearing about it.

Imp of the perverse.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I got curious and looked at how much blue apron costs. Is this thing for the super rich with live-in maids who want to try cooking for themselves as a novelty?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Pretty much every podcast ad is for something mundane that costs five times as much for no real good reason.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
The 'super rich'? I get the Canadian equivalent maybe once or twice a month. It's essentially a way to have some interesting dinners with my SO every now and then and not have to worry about buying ingredients that I'll only use part of and then have to throw away.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I got a similar service in Sweden(a nation not known for being cheap) and Blue Apron is almost double the price for half the food.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dr. Stab posted:

I got curious and looked at how much blue apron costs. Is this thing for the super rich with live-in maids who want to try cooking for themselves as a novelty?

I think Blue Apron is meant to appeal to people already used to buying groceries at "$7 gallon of organic milk at Whole Foods" kinds of prices

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dr. Stab posted:

It's basically for people like that Simpsons joke 'we got a little crazy...and microwaved our own soup...it was a terrible mess.' maybe not in wealth but in bubble lifestyle. Like, the kind of people who don't know why it's better to buy a whole bundle of fresh green onions rather than a half cup baggie of pre chopped ones to be used exactly once.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

sexpig by night posted:

It's basically for people like that Simpsons joke 'we got a little crazy...and microwaved our own soup...it was a terrible mess.' maybe not in wealth but in bubble lifestyle. Like, the kind of people who don't know why it's better to buy a whole bundle of fresh green onions rather than a half cup baggie of pre chopped ones to be used exactly once.

If I buy a bundle of green onion, I am going to use maybe half of it before the rest of it rots in my fridge, forgotten. If I could buy things like that, or fresh herbs, in smaller quantities, I absolutely would more often.

Same with something like bok choy. I like adding it to stir fries, but I can only use so much of it in a week.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dr. Stab posted:

It's training wheels for people who'd normally just either eat out or microwave every meal.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Morpheus posted:

If I buy a bundle of green onion, I am going to use maybe half of it before the rest of it rots in my fridge, forgotten. If I could buy things like that, or fresh herbs, in smaller quantities, I absolutely would more often.

Same with something like bok choy. I like adding it to stir fries, but I can only use so much of it in a week.

You can just use bok choy in whatever you know

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

sexpig by night posted:

You can just use bok choy in whatever you know

Many people don't want to throw bok choy into all their meals for the next week.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Buy a pork loin, a stalk of celery, an onion, and a bottle of red wine. Put it all in the oven. You're fancy now.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

Maybe peel the label off the wine if it's plastic.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Buy a pork loin, a stalk of celery, an onion, and a bottle of red wine. Put it all in the oven. You're fancy now.

Throw all of that in a crock pot and add a single bay leaf if you want to be very fancy.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Throw all of that in a crock pot and add a single bay leaf if you want to be very fancy.

Crock Pots are a feminist conspiracy to convince mom's they really Can Have it All.

(Crock pots are awesome for wassail.)

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I'm really enjoying Run. But you really have to be willing to get past Travis kinda guessing at old-who facts. Plus his enthusiasm for McCoy is really nice, i hope they continue to like the classics

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If you just use the green parts of the green onions you can put them in a container of water and they will grow new green parts.

Buy one bundle, have green onions forever.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

oh thank god!!! we were almost a page overdue for the "complain about the things advertised on podcasts" conversation that happens once every six pages

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Berzerker posted:

oh thank god!!! we were almost a page overdue for the "complain about the things advertised on podcasts" conversation that happens once every six pages

At least we're right on time for complaining about common topics in the thread.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

and you're super early for the complaining about people complaining about people compl------------

*****and then I died from how dumb this is********

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Griffin brought back Raandyy to participate in the great Gnomeregan run in wow :buddy:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

El Padrino posted:

Griffin brought back Raandyy to participate in the great Gnomeregan run in wow :buddy:

I didn't realize how much I missed Peacecraft in these troubled times. :unsmith:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had never played wow before and just started actually after peacecraft came out. I'm excited to watch it again once I can actually recognize the places.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I guess Adventure Zone is tomorrow but honestly I thought it was supposed to be last week again. I thought it was one setup, then regular, then back to biweekly. Did I make that up or did they delay for reasons? Didn't see it mentioned here.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
After setup they said see you in two weeks, so

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Meh, I use the vegan version of Blue Apron and I think it's totally fine. I work 50 hours+ a week, and it's really nice to have 30 minute meal options without having to hunt for or think of recipes. I think the "build your shopping list" option someone mentioned before would be a reasonable alternative, but I literally only have the weekends to shop and I would gladly pay to have that time free for other things (including sitting around and doing nothing).

The meals are all generally one-pot, very filling, and more adventurous/interesting than whatever I would've come up with on my own.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozm0PkPgCyE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
How do these keep getting better