Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

BULBASAUR posted:

True hams indenture their partners, children, and the friends of their children

The only reason for human connection is to make hobby time more efficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J41mvVROEQ

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

I actually manged to make some progress on a few guys today. Not pictured are 10 Combi Plasma Vets who are at least a nice handsome Boltgun Metal. "The Incident" prevented me from getting them purple.

Maybe I will start working on my TOXX next :shrug:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I actually manged to make some progress on a few guys today. Not pictured are 10 Combi Plasma Vets who are at least a nice handsome Boltgun Metal. "The Incident" prevented me from getting them purple.

Maybe I will start working on my TOXX next :shrug:

Looking good. Those are some handsome boiz from the legion of pimp daddy Fulgrim.

Don't start your toxx. Ride the procrastination train into the ban suicide pact apocalypse :getin:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I played a game in a shop with my Knight Lancer that I've half painted up like a Gundam and this ham could barely contain his fury at me. Great paint choice.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

JBP posted:

I played a game in a shop with my Knight Lancer that I've half painted up like a Gundam and this ham could barely contain his fury at me. Great paint choice.

Your lance ris the one in the crazy good charging pose right? Please post pictures of him Gundam'd up.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'll take some snaps. It's only base coated with no detail but the big solid colours make it look perfect.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

JBP posted:

I'm triggered just thinking about it

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

JBP posted:

begone

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I blocked in my knight with 3 primary colors. It's a gundam!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hixson posted:

I blocked in my knight with 3 primary colors. It's a gundam!

It's red white and blue in all the right places. It's very intentional.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don't poo poo on my dreams :negative:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Finally finished another squad after forging through various distractions like Catachans and SLAMBO. It's been a long, long time. I've continued my trend of Too Many Checkers and simple individual heraldry. It's probably too much work for simple tactical marines, but I think it's been worth it. I also used 10 phobos pattern bolters and 10 chainswords from the MkIII kit as I had a bunch laying around. My MkIII are being used as support/heavy support squads so they don't need them. I really like the look of the MkIV armor with the MkIII weapons and wish I had done all of my tacticals like that.

I definitely feel like my second squad is an improvement on the first. Between projects like my terminator chaplain and the aforementioned Catachans and SLAMBO, I really feel like I've gotten better over the last year or so.

The sergeant, vexilla, vox operator, and a couple of normal guys. It's not visible, but the sergeant's shoulder pad is bone bisected by a checkered stripe. The squad's heraldry is meant to emulate that as well. The sergeant is magnetized for power sword or power fist.

The mooks:

Here's all that I have painted so far:

Next up, three rhinos METAL BOXES. I plan on emulating these squads' heraldry on the top hatches to mark them out. It's been a long time since I've painted vehicles and I'm pretty excited. I still have my Lord of War Toxx to do too. :shepface:

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 18, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Those are some absolutely baller marines dude. There are just enough checkers on there.

On another note, has there been anything said further about HH moving to 8th rules? I've tried the google but can't locate anything substantial.

JBP fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 18, 2017

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

Finally finished another squad after forging through various distractions like Catachans and SLAMBO. It's been a long, long time. I've continued my trend of Too Many Checkers and simple individual heraldry. It's probably too much work for simple tactical marines, but I think it's been worth it. I also used 10 phobos pattern bolters and 10 chainswords from the MkIII kit as I had a bunch laying around. My MkIII are being used as support/heavy support squads so they don't need them. I really like the look of the MkIV armor with the MkIII weapons and wish I had done all of my tacticals like that.

I definitely feel like my second squad is an improvement on the first. Between projects like my terminator chaplain and the aforementioned Catachans and SLAMBO, I really feel like I've gotten better over the last year or so.

The sergeant, vexilla, vox operator, and a couple of normal guys. It's not visible, but the sergeant's shoulder pad is bone bisected by a checkered stripe. The squad's heraldry is meant to emulate that as well. The sergeant is magnetized for power sword or power fist.

The mooks:

Next up, three rhinos METAL BOXES. I plan on emulating these squads' heraldry on the top hatches to mark them out. It's been a long time since I've painted vehicles and I'm pretty excited. I still have my Lord of War Toxx to do too. :shepface:

:black101:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Pretty traitors SafetyFactor

JBP posted:

Don't poo poo on my dreams :negative:

I'm just messin with ya. Paint your toys how you like m8.

As far as HH in 8th; no official word yet. We're waiting on a dedicated HH 7th Ed. rule book right now people are calling "7.5"

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

JBP posted:

Those are some absolutely baller marines dude. There are just enough checkers on there.

On another note, has there been anything said further about HH moving to 8th rules? I've tried the google but can't locate anything substantial.

HH isn't moving to 8th. It's getting it's own system based on 7th. We call it "7.5" because it's basically what happened when 30k transitioned to 7th from 6th. The difference is that it'll be a completely separate system not tied to any 'edition' or whatever.

e: Here's what I mean:

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 18, 2017

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Safety Factor posted:

The mooks:

Extremely good

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BULBASAUR posted:

HH isn't moving to 8th. It's getting it's own system based on 7th. We call it "7.5" because it's basically what happened when 30k transitioned to 7th from 6th. The difference is that it'll be a completely separate system this time around.

OK. I was confused because I could have sworn that 7.5 as it is was still a stop gap on the way to 8th.

I'm happy with this as the final outcome.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
There was a lot of wishful thinking when the news first broke, especially since it was on the heels of the 8th edition hype and the death of the lead heresy designer. Supposedly his plan was to transition 30k to 8th. Regardless if that was true, the studio has said it will be on this new rulebook for “the indefinite future” with a combined and lightly updated rulebook in the near future. You can read into that however you want.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I’m sad they won’t be incorporating 8th’s changes to AP.

It’s Slap the Artificer Sgt(tm) forever.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Endman posted:

I’m sad they won’t be incorporating 8th’s changes to AP.

It’s Slap the Artificer Sgt(tm) forever.

I would like to see the Movement stat, and the new AP system in 30k. Hero hammer, random shot weapons, and non-directional wounding (among other things) can go die in a fire though. Templates forever!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

No templates or armour facings made 8th a no buy for me despite really liking the plague marine models. Same goes for my regular gaming buddy.

We've played it with our old armies but probably won't invest more money in 40k since we've gone in too deep on 30k at this point.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

JBP posted:

We've played it with our old armies but probably won't invest more money in 40k since we've gone in too deep on 30k at this point.

Purchasing resin men is the greatest hobby.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Yeah, pretty much the only 8th thing I long for in a new HH book is the 8th AP system. It's just so much better.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

JBP posted:

No templates or armour facings made 8th a no buy for me despite really liking the plague marine models. Same goes for my regular gaming buddy.

I’ve played a few games of 8th and I didn’t think I’d really miss templates, but I do.

It’s mostly a verisimilitude thing - a dice roll to determine hits isn’t nearly as immersive or fun as a scattering template.

Apart from anything else, you can’t hit yourself with your own grenade now :v:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Safety Factor posted:

The mooks:

Excellent taxticals. Shame about your legion choices.

tallkidwithglasses fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 18, 2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Excellent taxticals. Shame about your legion choices.
We're in the same boat, friendo. :colbert:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

The mooks:

I love the individual heraldry on your army. It's good to finally see all your taxtical bois complete. I was skeptical about the phobos bolters on mk4 marines when you originally mentioned it but they look loving cool.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I’d have gone insane after the first checks.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
You should do a group shot of all the shoulderpads.

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Oct 18, 2017

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

TTerrible posted:

You should do a group shot of all the shoulderpads.

Second

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

These have so much character, great work!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

JBP posted:

Pretty much the same. Besides templates, not having vehicle facings is too abstract for me. Having tanks do melee damage is cool though and I like the AP system. I wonder if we'll get a lighter version of these rules somehow (double strength reduces armor saves or something like that)

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 18, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Having observed an 8th game tonight for the first time in ages I am newly angry about how bad it is. Fires rekindled. Fucksake.

Endman
May 18, 2010

TTerrible posted:

Having observed an 8th game tonight for the first time in ages I am newly angry about how bad it is. Fires rekindled. Fucksake.

What stuck out to you as particularly bad?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
TTerrible is literally never happy with anything. Please do not treat his criticisms of anything as valid.

Love ya, buddy :quig:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Safety Factor mad because every time he gets close to winning the argument he has to give me D3 victory points.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

Safety Factor mad because every time he gets close to winning the argument he has to give me D3 victory points.
nooooooo :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

BULBASAUR posted:

Pretty much the same. Besides templates, not having vehicle facings is too abstract for me. Having tanks do melee damage is cool though and I like the AP system. I wonder if we'll get a lighter version of these rules somehow (double strength reduces armor saves or something like that)

Tyrants shall rule this world!